Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superboy Prime's first appearance

Super-ventriloquism indeed.

"DC Comics Presents #87: Superman & Superboy" arrived in the mail today, which features Superboy Prime's first appearance ever... and it's set right in the middle of the Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover. For some reason, I'd always assumed SBP had first-appeared some time before this, but I seem to be quite wrong.

Very interesting tale. Seems on Earth Prime, there are and never have been any superheroes. The regular Superman who is whisked away to exhibit this Earth notes that New York sprawls over where Gotham and Metropolis should be (cementing where they're supposed to be in the DCU North America), and other neat nuggets. And yes, Superboy Prime is absolutely Kryptonian, and there is a Krypton that exploded in the Earth Prime universe... it just happens somewhat differently.

Not exactly a tragic tale, but gives us a good basis of where Superboy Prime is coming from.

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post

Super-ventriloquism indeed.

"DC Comics Presents #87: Superman & Superboy" arrived in the mail today, which features Superboy Prime's first appearance ever... and it's set right in the middle of the Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover. For some reason, I'd always assumed SBP had first-appeared some time before this, but I seem to be quite wrong.

Very interesting tale. Seems on Earth Prime, there are and never have been any superheroes. The regular Superman who is whisked away to exhibit this Earth notes that New York sprawls over where Gotham and Metropolis should be (cementing where they're supposed to be in the DCU North America), and other neat nuggets. And yes, Superboy Prime is absolutely Kryptonian, and there is a Krypton that exploded in the Earth Prime universe... it just happens somewhat differently.

Not exactly a tragic tale, but gives us a good basis of where Superboy Prime is coming from.
    I knew that in Earth prime superboy was the only superhero but I didn't know he appeared during Crisis.. like you said, I thought he had appeared before..
    Sounds like an interesting story, Andrew..

Comment

Yes Super-Ventriloquism is the foundation of a great Supermanstory!
      My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Originally posted by GLJIMT View Post
        Yes Super-Ventriloquism is the foundation of a great Supermanstory!
        Was really the only eyebrow-raising thing in the story, to be fair.

Comment

Working...
        X