X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I liked Grayson enough to pick up #2.

Comment

• Originally posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
      Read through Grayson. Not a bad direction for the character, but kinda boring.
      Lies! An issue that features stuff like this can't be boring:

Hypo
      Lil' Leaguer
      Last edited by Hypo; 07-10-2014, 09:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
        Lies! An issue that features stuff like this can't be boring

One brief instant of humor is not the same thing as an entire issue being packed with thrilling material. That said, I don't hate the direction of the character and I'll probably at least check out issue #2, but the first issue just didn't wholly convince me that the series would be that exciting.

Not even Midnighter, who was arguably the best part of the book.

Comment

• Batgirl's New Uniform May Be The Best Damn Superheroine Outfit Ever

< link here

while yes i like the new look (so much so i may get the 1st issue that it's in) but i'm left asking how does she keep the mask on?

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• Originally posted by IonFan View Post
            Batgirl's New Uniform May Be The Best Damn Superheroine Outfit Ever

while yes i like the new look (so much so i may get the 1st issue that it's in) but i'm left asking how does she keep the mask on?
            Chosenone beat you by like 12+ hours.

MTV: For all three, what’s your take on Barbara? It seems like she’s going through some massive changes by the time your first issue hits.

Stewart: Batgirl has really been put through the wringer in recent years – after being attacked and paralyzed by the Joker, her brother turning out to be a serial murderer, the trauma of her family breaking apart and the series of gruesome villains she’s had to contend with, we figured she deserved a break from all that. Just prior to the start of our story she’s pushed to the breaking point and decides that she’s had it with misery and darkness and wants a change. She wants the opportunity to have some fun and live the life of a young, single girl in the city, so she packs up and moves to Burnside, the cool, trendy borough of Gotham, to focus on grad school.

Fletcher: And that’s where we kick off our run – introducing this part of the city known for expensive coffee, fixie bikes, vintage shops and breakout bands. Barbara allows herself to be immersed in youth culture for the first time, exploring the social side of life in Burnside. That’s not to say there isn’t mystery, of course! Try as she might to live a “normal” life, Barbara very quickly finds herself drawn back into the world of crime fighting. Our take on Batgirl mixes the best elements of “Veronica Mars” and “Girls,” with a dash of “Sherlock” thrown in for good measure.

Tarr: I am excited to bring some flirt, fun, and fashion to the title! I don’t think you see a lot of that in mainstream comics and I am excited to bring that to the table. Who doesn’t love a sassy super hero?
            MTV: It also seems like a lighter take on the character… Is she getting away from Gotham’s darkness, or deeper into it?

Stewart: She’s leaving it all behind her. We really wanted to make this a book with a light tone, of fun and adventure and mystery, and let the rest of the Bat-family deal with the darkness. She’s got problems, and conflict, and enemies to fight, but our priority was to make this a really fun, rollicking read.

MTV: How much of this is a clean break, versus getting some of Gotham’s many guest stars?

Stewart: Aside from someone with whom Barbara was formerly close, and is forced to deal with in an uncomfortable circumstance, it’s pretty much a clean break. Don’t expect to see Posion Ivy or Dick Grayson showing up any time soon.

Fletcher: These stories stand on their own, existing within continuity, of course, but not directly influenced by events in other books. Our first issue is the perfect jumping-on point for new readers.

MTV: Traditionally, Batgirl hasn’t had too much of her own rogues gallery, are we going to see any set up for that here?

Stewart: Our approach is to do a series of standalone, single-issue stories, connected by a longer story-arc. There will be a variety of new opponents for her to fight that arise from her new environment. Her first task is to deal with a sleazy internet blackmailer.

Fletcher: We want to see a Batgirl who can stand on her own, independent of Batman and Commissioner Gordon. She won’t be fighting her mentor’s villains or leaning on her family ties. This is Barbara Gordon breaking free, for better or worse!

MTV: Any final thoughts? Things you’d want readers who had never picked up a Batgirl book to know?

Stewart: Batgirl is a terrific character, she’s not motivated by tragedy or revenge, she’s fights for justice because she believes it’s the right thing to do. She’s whip-smart, kick-ass in a fight, and there’s a sense of fun and excitement around her that I think has made her an enduring character. We intend to showcase all of these qualities in a manner that we think hasn’t yet been seen in her title.

Fletcher: Be prepared to see a Batgirl you’ve never seen before. It’s time that Babs be allowed a little fun in her life! We intend to let her have all the fun she wants.

Comment

• The dumb ass has me blocked lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by chosenone85 View Post
                The dumb ass has me blocked lol.
                Well it's not like we weren't talking about the book or anything...

Babs Tarr's deviantart page.
                Hypo
                Lil' Leaguer
                Last edited by Hypo; 07-11-2014, 04:54 AM.

Comment

• Gail Simone Left Batgirl Over Creative Differences With The Editor… Who Then Left DC Comics

Comment

Chosenone beat you by like 12+ hours.

good for him but he didn't post the link/pic i posted and he didn't ask what i asked so..........

IonFan says

Comment

Comment

good for him but he didn't post the link/pic i posted and he didn't ask what i asked so..........
                        i did post the link and pics idiot.

Comment

Don't you have him blocked? If so how do you know what he posted?

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                          You were saying..

Lantern A-train
                          Guardian of the Universe
                          Last edited by Lantern A-train; 07-11-2014, 02:17 PM.
                          I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Uhhh he did post the pic:

Originally posted by chosenone85 View Post
                            And the links had the same info...and I pointed out the bit about her cowl not being attached to anything...so uhh...

Originally posted by W.West View Post
                            Yep.

Comment

• Cue snarky comment that makes no sense in

I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
                                Don't you have him blocked? If so how do you know what he posted?

You were saying..
                                well that's not what Hypo showed me

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                                Uhhh he did post the pic:

And the links had the same info...and I pointed out the bit about her cowl not being attached to anything...so uhh...
                                well that's not what you showed me, next time maybe you should show the whole quote

IonFan says

Comment

Working...
                                X