No announcement yet.

The Batman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GET A FREE COMMEMORATIVE PLAYING CARD WITH EACH ISSUE OF BATMAN: THE THREE JOKERS!

In celebration of the highly anticipated Batman: The Three Jokers prestige miniseries, DC and participating comic book stores are dealing fans the ultimate wild card by offering a free with purchase souvenir playing card for each of the three issues of the series, while supplies last.

Featuring breathtaking new artwork by series artist Jason Fabok, each issue of the Geoff Johns-penned series will feature a different card, spotlighting the Clown Prince of Crime and his three major adversaries – Batman, Batgirl and Jason Todd.

Batman: The Three Jokers reexamines the myth of who, or what The Joker is, and what’s at the heart of not just his eternal struggle with Batman, but how his horrific treatment of Barbara Gordon and Jason Todd has affected them. Arriving at open and operating comic book stores on Tuesday, August 25, the series will carry DC’s “Black Label” content descriptor, identifying the series a appropriate for readers 17+.

Comment

• Thoughts on Three Jokers? Other than the padding (raccoon/trucking sequence was unnecessarily long), I was pretty pleased with it. Excellent art and colors, though the writing was up and down (Bullock was awful, most everything else was either fair or great).
      Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• ^It read (and looked) well. I was intrigued to get to the end and to read the next issue, but Johns’ retcons (i.e. the title concept) irk me some.
        I don’t know that I like the idea that the Joker who shot Barbara isn’t the Joker who killed Jason and isn’t (presumably) the original. That said, I’m conflicted, because I did love what Jason did.
        Space Cop
        The Dandy
        Last edited by Space Cop; 08-31-2020, 01:05 AM.

Comment

• I'm actually reading a little Batman these days. It was only a matter of time... LOL

With everything going on in and around Joker War, it looks to me like they're setting up another anti-hero similar to Jason Todd with this new Clownhunter kid. And I dig it, especially if Three Jokers leads into what was teased from the first and second issue with Jason Todd.

And I dig the metallic Batman suit from Batman #100. It's a nice change, but I'll bet money now that it's the suit Luke Fox will eventually wear as Batman when that happens.

But for F***'S SAKE... can we just get Batman Inc back on it's feet? There's getting to be too many side-characters for Gotham alone and there's nearly enough for 2 heroes for every neighborhood. Just off of the top of my head...

Batman, Nightwing, Batgirl/Oracle, Robin, Red Hood, Spoiler, Orphan, Drake/Red Robin, Batwoman, Batwing, Harley Quinn, Huntress, Clownhunter, Signal [can we just call him Lark already?], Azrael, and that's not including other notable allies of Bats like Black Canary, the Outsiders, and other Batman Inc squad members.

AND SPEAKING OF NEW HEROES!?!?!

Thoughts on Ghost Maker? Another rival of Bruce's in the martial arts scene, I think he's got a cool look [sorta like a character from Destiny so I'm game] but at first glance he reminds me of the Ducard/Nobody character from a few years back. And I'm getting burnt out on enemies with swords.

Comment

• While I enjoyed both Dark Designs and most of Joker War, I have to say the final issue was a disappointment.

Punchline should either be dead or in Blackgate, not under fucking house arrest. Clownhunter being alive I could tolerate better if he at least privately resolved to go to Leslie Thompkins without the "WHEN I'M DONE!" bullshit quip. Harley should have shot to kill like she promised she would (way to undermine yourself there).

I'll check out the forthcoming issues to see if Ghost-Maker is any good but if I'm not thrilled then I'm dropping it. Which would be a shame because I was very satisfied with the previous material that Tynion was putting out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
              . . . Punchline should either be dead or in Blackgate, not under fucking house arrest . . .
              Yeah, that was a bit of a stretch.

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
              . . . Clownhunter being alive I could tolerate better if he at least privately resolved to go to Leslie Thompkins without the "WHEN I'M DONE!" bullshit quip. . .
              I think they should follow up with an issue where Batman finds the kid was shot to death by Joker gang guys and found with one of his guns in his hand showing that Batman left him defenseless when he disabled his weapons.

Comment

• No, that would be twisting the knife merely for the sake of it. Clownhunter should have been one of those "walking the line but it's difficult and growing more so" characters after Batman told him to seek counseling, where we can get an exploration of his psyche as he struggles with his thirst for vengeance with others genuinely trying to help him understand he's only worsening things in the long run for a short-term benefit. Angst and drama it might be, but it would be better than thumbing his nose like a little jerk.

Comment

• Read Dark Multiverse: Hush.

I actually rather enjoyed it.

Art was very good, story was solid and covered a lot of the different angles of the Bat-verse. It even made Batman somewhat scary (I feel sorry for Alfred in that setting).

I dunno how many of the others I'll pick up (WW: War of the Gods probably, maybe even Judas Contract, but I doubt many or if any other than that).

Comment

• well they turned Tim (Red Robin) gay............................ i'm out

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                      well they turned Tim (Red Robin) gay............................ i'm out
                      Imo dick grayson is the only TRUE Robin just like bruce wayne is the one TRUE batman. I really dont care about the other Robins .I think making dick grayson bi or gay is a little on the nose and may offend the LGBTQ weirdos
                      .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

Comment

• + YouTube Video
                          ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

Working...
                          X