Spider-Woman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spider-Woman

I picked up #1 today, as I do with any new series I'll at least pick issue #1 up to give it a try. I was really surprised with Spider Woman. I knew vaguely about her background, most notably from Secret Invasion. But man this is one deep and dark character. In fact of all the things I'm reading in the Marvel Universe, Spider Woman is probably at rock bottom down farther than anyone.

The entire issue really reminded me of a 100 Bullets issue, where it's noir, mystery, and holds a slow but steady pace to reveal the next part of the story. Jessica Drew is a character that really has a sense of dread that you can't help but hope she comes out of it during the series.

Mareev's art is a style that is highly love/hate. I fall more towards the hate side, I'm just not a fan of abstract coloring. It feels flat to me, but for the story that's being told here it works well. The use of dark shadows and heavy ink really add to the dreariness of the story.

This was one first issue that definitely impressed.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

I watched the motion comic of this, and I gotta say I am onboard with Spider-Woman

Comment

After their run on Daredevil, I'll buy anything that Bendis and Maleev work on together.

Jessica Drew is an interesting character and I like the noir/espionage feel to it. I'll stick around to see if Bendis and Maleev can pull of their Daredevil magic once more.

Even better, the price drops to $2.99 from issue to on.

Comment

Originally posted by myuserid View Post
        After their run on Daredevil, I'll buy anything that Bendis and Maleev work on together.

Jessica Drew is an interesting character and I like the noir/espionage feel to it. I'll stick around to see if Bendis and Maleev can pull of their Daredevil magic once more.

Even better, the price drops to $2.99 from issue to on.
        DIE!!!

Read Batwoman!
        The Best Comic Site Ever!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Castle View Post
          Read Batwoman!
          Why would I want to read that garbage?

How many times do I have to tell you I hate the character?

Comment

Why would I want to read that garbage?

How many times do I have to tell you I hate the character?
            Why don't you like the character? She's pretty cool from what I've read so far.

And calling Detective Comics garbage is insane. It is such an innovative book as far as the artwork. I love it. I started reading B&R and Red Robin because I liked both Dick and Tim. But for Batwoman, it is all about what has been done in the comic itself. Wonderful.
            MEH

Comment

Originally posted by Gray Lantern View Post
              Why don't you like the character? She's pretty cool from what I've read so far.

And calling Detective Comics garbage is insane. It is such an innovative book as far as the artwork. I love it. I started reading B&R and Red Robin because I liked both Dick and Tim. But for Batwoman, it is all about what has been done in the comic itself. Wonderful.
              I didn't like her in 52.

I like Rucka and Williams, but if I don't like a character, there's not reason to read a book about that character.

Comment

I didn't like her in 52.

I like Rucka and Williams, but if I don't like a character, there's not reason to read a book about that character.
                Which is ridiculous. Characters aren't good or bad. They can only be written that way. I'd even say drawn that way too.

You have a good writer and one of the best artists ever on board. Read it!

Comment

Which is ridiculous. Characters aren't good or bad. They can only be written that way. I'd even say drawn that way too.

You have a good writer and one of the best artists ever on board. Read it!
                  I didn't like her when Rucka wrote her in 52.

Comment

What didn't you like about her?
                    MEH

Comment

It wasn't always him writing her, and what's more, she's almost a completely different character now.

Williams has made Kate his own.

Comment

It wasn't always him writing her, and what's more, she's almost a completely different character now.

I disagree. No matter how well a character is written, sometimes you just don't care.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Gray Lantern View Post
                          What didn't you like about her?
                          She bored me, she was one dimensional. I just didn't care about her. At all.

It's never gonna change my mind. I don't like the character, and I most likely never will.

Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
                          I disagree. No matter how well a character is written, sometimes you just don't care.
                          Thank you.

Well, this topic has been effectively derailed.

Comment

No one thinks "SpiderWoman" just seems corny? Especially when Spider-MAN is really Spider-BOY?

and for the Detective Comics argument...

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
                              No one thinks "SpiderWoman" just seems corny? Especially when Spider-MAN is really Spider-BOY?
                              No more corny than a "BatWoman".

Comment

Working...
                              X