No announcement yet.

Planet Ysmault, which sector is it in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe it has a crazy elliptical orbit that lets it be in different sectors during a different part of it's year? But I recall seeing both of these and having a wtf moment.

Sig by Zander Yurami

Comment

Originally posted by Nowen View Post
      Maybe it has a crazy elliptical orbit that lets it be in different sectors during a different part of it's year? But I recall seeing both of these and having a wtf moment.
      That brings up and interesting point. If the sectors are mapped in straight lines (whether we're talking the wedge model or the pyramids) and not by solar systems and such, just statistically speaking there must be many planets that regularly change sector.

Comment

Yeah, there must be!
        Originally posted by IonFan
        (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
        Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
        If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
        Originally posted by Quaker
        I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
          It's in the Bad Writing Sector.

So true.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
            That brings up and interesting point. If the sectors are mapped in straight lines (whether we're talking the wedge model or the pyramids) and not by solar systems and such, just statistically speaking there must be many planets that regularly change sector.
            I'm not sure that's the case. If you think about it, MOST of the universe (by a HUGE margin) is empty space. Statistically speaking the most likely thing to find on the border of a Sector is therefore empty space. Granted, if the Guardians' Sectors really encompass a significant percentage of the entire universe (which is possible in the DCU, since it doesn't seem like THEIR universe is infinite in extent) even the most unlikely topology will probably occur SOMEWHERE, but I would think that solar systems crossing over Sector boundaries in such a way that planets change sector would be a vanishingly small percentage of the total.
            Mister Ed
            Horse of a Different Color
            Last edited by Mister Ed; 03-19-2012, 08:51 PM.

Comment

I get what you're saying but still the orbits of some planets is huge. If a sector happened to cross our solar system the odds would be some or more of just the 9 (or 8) planets would change sector.

Anyway, I don't think we're supposed to think of DC's universe as so empty. If that were the case quite a few of the sectors should be completely empty (now, there's a boring GL to be)!

Comment

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
                It's in the Bad Writing Sector.
                Agreed.

Does Hong Kong really switch from China and Japan all the time? I've never heard that one before.

Comment

I think the fans are better at remembering details of comic mythology than the editors and writers are.

They state something incorrectly, I try to read it in my head the way it should be and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
                    I think the fans are better at remembering details of comic mythology than the editors and writers are.
                    Y'know...sometimes I wonder if they ever really care or just come up with whatever for one issue and then completely forget about it like it never happened...I mean, why else would these incongruencies happen other than because the writers/editors just don't care?!

Comment

The short answer is, they aren't always the fanboys we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
                        The short answer is, they aren't always the fanboys we are.
                        But...but....but...they're writing the book! You would think that just out of quality control (because, when all's said and done, this is a product they're selling) that they would at least google it, if they don't have immediate access to the info in question...which, what with them being the ones who write/edit the books and all, should, i pressume, be handy enough for them to consult at any moment...

Comment

Hell, you'd think there'd be enough fanboy interns running around the place that could factcheck for them.

Comment

Originally posted by myuserid View Post
                            Does Hong Kong really switch from China and Japan all the time? I've never heard that one before.
                            No, not really. The Japanese military held it during the war ('41-45), but basically it was under British rule from 1839 to 1997 and is back under Chinese rule now. It's pre-Colonial rule was pretty much as complex as the rest of Imperial China.

Comment

Working...
                            X