Corps and wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spy Smasher View Post
    The yellow weakness was a product of its time, I don't like it. I don't like the 24 hour thing either. I like the idea of a charge lasting until you exhaust it, but Geoff exhausted them too soon.
    I do wonder though what a revamped Goldface would be like. Could he be a cool villain with out the protection of his yellow skin?

Comment

Originally posted by weareborg View Post
      I do wonder though what a revamped Goldface would be like. Could he be a cool villain with out the protection of his yellow skin?
      Tht could be interesting,

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
        That's one of my favorite moments from the O'Neal/Adams run. There is a lot of truth in that image.

Yeah, there are multiple instances of random Joe Schmoes picking up a ring and using it in the Silver Age stuff. I've been re-reading the early stuff in the Showcase black and white reprints and in one issue alone Hal gives Pie Face a split-off ring he can use (even flies and phases through a wall). In the same issue, Hector steals and uses Hal's ring. And that's just one issue. There were tons more like that.

You're right, and those bothered me far more than the proliferation of rings in the DCU. I remember one of the first instances I saw that was some kid found GL's power ring and was able to use it, and eventually returned it to Hal by willing it to him.

What was worse was Hal closing out that story by saying something like, "I've got to keep my ring somewhere safer than my pocket." Gee, ya don't say?
        Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Hi, Trigger. Say hello to Roy for me.

For your purposes, I've written two scripts. If you think that what DC is publishing is better than they are, then you're entitled to think so, and to feel confident about your opinion.
          I know you've written two scripts. You post about it everywhere. My question was how sure are you that your stuff would sell better than writers who have been doing the comic book dance for some time? (That's why I asked if any of your stuff had been actually published/sold, etc) Hell I trust someone like JohnnyV who is actually putting out a comicbook, etc.

Comment

The yellow weakness was a product of its time, I don't like it. I don't like the 24 hour thing either. I like the idea of a charge lasting until you exhaust it, but Geoff exhausted them too soon.
            Well, the per-power use is more logical if the thing actually existed, but I'd definitely rather have the 24 hour charge. I'd do it every few hours plus any time I was about to go on a mission remotely dangerous.

Originally posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
            You're right, and those bothered me far more than the proliferation of rings in the DCU. I remember one of the first instances I saw that was some kid found GL's power ring and was able to use it, and eventually returned it to Hal by willing it to him.

What was worse was Hal closing out that story by saying something like, "I've got to keep my ring somewhere safer than my pocket." Gee, ya don't say?
            LOL. IIRC doesn't he later just wear the ring and somehow turn it invisible when he's in civilian mode?

Comment

Originally posted by Trigger View Post
              I know you've written two scripts. You post about it everywhere. My question was how sure are you that your stuff would sell better than writers who have been doing the comic book dance for some time? (That's why I asked if any of your stuff had been actually published/sold, etc) Hell I trust someone like JohnnyV who is actually putting out a comicbook, etc.
              Now Trig, I don't post about it "everywhere." As far as comics go, I'm unpublished. Let's just leave it at that. As to whether I could write something that would sell or not -- I'll write more scripts and we'll see how they're received. I've got six Lantern titles planned, and I'm going to do the first two four-issue stories for each.

Comment

Now Trig, I don't post about it "everywhere." As far as comics go, I'm unpublished. Let's just leave it at that. As to whether I could write something that would sell or not -- I'll write more scripts and we'll see how they're received. I've got six Lantern titles planned, and I'm going to do the first two four-issue stories for each.
                But we are comic fans on a forum, we like things differently than the way the general public does. That's why even books that were considered great overall by comic fans failed in the public eye.

Comment

I like that people think that liking something some how makes your opinion no longer matter. If your published comic writters were half as good as you claim,then Green Lantern would not be falling in sales. Not now or in the past to the point where it needed to be cancelled or GL was forced to Co-Star. Nobody casually reads a more then one comic. Maybe two. 8 bucks in sales? That is the dream demo? No wonder so many comic shops go under. So how do we get new fans,advertising helps,but the best way,is word of mouth,comic fans move in herds,and love to talk. You wanna brab a new audience you need that word of mouth. you need that book to be what everybody is talking about.

Now am I sayin Spy should be writting Green Lantern? No, not really,but at least he can say he knows the source material wich is something Venditti can not. I think the creative teams should get thier heads out of thier butts and listen to what people like Spy are saying. Alot of people here,know the product,and know what it is missing,and if the staff of DC feels that they are so much better then us,that we are just some fucknuts on a message board. Great. Bite the hand that feeds you,because you brought these declining sales on yourselves .
                  Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

Originally posted by Rotten2thecorps View Post
                    I like that people think that liking something some how makes your opinion no longer matter. If your published comic writters were half as good as you claim,then Green Lantern would not be falling in sales. Not now or in the past to the point where it needed to be cancelled or GL was forced to Co-Star. Nobody casually reads a more then one comic. Maybe two. 8 bucks in sales? That is the dream demo? No wonder so many comic shops go under. So how do we get new fans,advertising helps,but the best way,is word of mouth,comic fans move in herds,and love to talk. You wanna brab a new audience you need that word of mouth. you need that book to be what everybody is talking about.

Now am I sayin Spy should be writting Green Lantern? No, not really,but at least he can say he knows the source material wich is something Venditti can not. I think the creative teams should get thier heads out of thier butts and listen to what people like Spy are saying. Alot of people here,know the product,and know what it is missing,and if the staff of DC feels that they are so much better then us,that we are just some fucknuts on a message board. Great. Bite the hand that feeds you,because you brought these declining sales on yourselves .
                    Just keep reading what I post and comparing to what gets published, and you might change your mind as whether I should be writing it.

I don't claim to have the encyclopedic knowledge of the source material that some truly hardcore fans do, but I also don't throw it away and try to reinvent the wheel. I don't think I'm smart enough to do that, and so basically I use what's already there. And I respect the methods of storytelling that the ancient Greeks devised. I don't think i'm smarter than they were. That's my attitude, and it 's why I bothered to learn that stuff before attempting it.
                    Trey Strain
                    Guardian of the Universe
                    Last edited by Trey Strain; 02-28-2014, 01:06 PM.

Comment

...And I respect the methods of storytelling that the ancient Greeks devised. I don't think i'm smarter than they were. That's my attitude, and it 's why I bothered to learn that stuff before attempting it.
                      Critical theory in a Western context began with the Greeks, but it didn't end there. There's also Neo-Classicism, New Criticism (which I happen to lean toward), Realist School, first-thought writing, etc. Aristotle can be very useful, but I don't believe every great writer did or has to use Poetics as their blueprint.

Comment

The Sinestro Corps ongoing will flop. Not as fast as Larfleeze did, but it'll flop pretty fast. Now take a look at my Alan Scott script. That comic wouldn't flop. It would sell.
                        Well, what are you waiting for? Go to DC and present that scrip.

Comment

They won't take unsolicited scripts for their characters. Neither will Marvel.
                          The last fan of 1990s comics
                          Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

They won't take scripts, but you can submit art of your ideas. If you can find an unknown, but extremely talented artist, you might have a chance.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

They're not ready to change what they're doing yet. I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing.

Comment

Critical theory in a Western context began with the Greeks, but it didn't end there. There's also Neo-Classicism, New Criticism (which I happen to lean toward), Realist School, first-thought writing, etc. Aristotle can be very useful, but I don't believe every great writer did or has to use Poetics as their blueprint.
                                They didn't invent the crossover event either.

Comment

Working...
                                X