Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green Lantern Corps, Green Lantern: New Guardians and Red Lanterns All End In March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Lantern Corps, Green Lantern: New Guardians and Red Lanterns All End In March

Green Lantern March 2015 Solicitations

GREEN LANTERN #40
    Written by ROBERT VENDITTI
    Art by BILLY TAN and MARK IRWIN
    Cover by BILLY TAN
    MOVIE POSTER Variant cover by TONY HARRIS
    On sale MARCH 4 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
    Combo pack edition: $3.99 US
    Retailers: This issue will ship with three covers. Please see the order form for details.

It’s the ultimate betrayal! But what could make Hal Jordan turn on the Templar Guardians and the Corps? Setting the stage for a status quo change that will impact all the Green Lantern titles!

This issue is also offered as a combo pack edition with a redemption code for a digital download of this issue.

GREEN LANTERN CORPS #40
    Written by VAN JENSEN
    Art and cover by BERNARD CHANG
    MOVIE POSTER Variant cover by TONY HARRIS
    On sale MARCH 11 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T • FINAL ISSUE
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.

John Stewart comes face to face with the failure that has haunted and defined him for years – the destruction of the planet Xanshi. Will he find salvation as history threatens to repeat itself? Plus, a moment that will forever alter the course of the Corps in a final issue that had to be extra-sized!
    GREEN LANTERN: NEW GUARDIANS #40
    Written by JUSTIN JORDAN
    Art and cover by DIOGENES NEVES and MARC DEERING
    On sale MARCH 18 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T • FINAL ISSUE

Once and for all, Kyle will come to terms with his destiny as the White Lantern, filler of the Reservoir behind the Source Wall that keeps our universe from destructing. But how can he ever accept the fact that this role will soon kill him? The fate of the White Lantern will be revealed in this extra-sized final issue!
    RED LANTERNS #40
    Written by LANDRY Q. WALKER
    Art by J. CALAFIORE
    Cover by SCOTT HEPBURN
    On sale MARCH 25 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+ • FINAL ISSUE

In this final RED LANTERNS issue, Guy Gardner begins to understand what being the Red Lantern of Earth really means. Will he succumb to rage once and for all, or can the former hero still find another path

SINESTRO #11
    Written by CULLEN BUNN
    Art and cover by BRAD WALKER and ANDREW HENNESSY
    MOVIE POSTER variant cover by DAVE JOHNSON
    On sale MARCH 25 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

From the pages of SINESTRO: FUTURE’S END #1 comes the Apex League! We’ve seen the kind of destruction they’ll bring down on the Sinestro Corps in the future. Now, learn how – and why – that conflict begins! Plus: Sinestro discovers a change that will pave the way to his ultimate goal!

Retailers: This issue will arrive in stores with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
    SINESTRO ANNUAL #1
    Written by CULLEN BUNN
    Art by MARTIN COCCOLO
    Cover by DALE EAGLESHAM
    Advance solicit • On sale APRIL 1 • 48 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T

A traitor lurks among the Sinestro Corps, and only by delving into the never-before-revealed origins of the team can Sinestro learn the truth – before his head ends up on a platter!

JUSTICE LEAGUE #40
    Written by GEOFF JOHNS
    Art and cover by JASON FABOK
    MOVIE POSTER Variant cover by EMANUELA LUPACCHINO
    1:25 Variant cover by ALEX GARNER
    On sale MARCH 18 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
    Combo pack edition: $4.99 US
    Retailers: This issue will ship with four covers. Please see the order form for details.

The prologue to this summer’s upcoming JUSTICE LEAGUE event – “THE DARKSEID WAR”! It’s been building since JUSTICE LEAGUE #1. Now, Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, The Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg and the rest of the DC Universe will come face to face with the two most powerful and dangerous entities in existence when both come for Earth. But why? To what lengths with the League have to go to survive? And what secrets about the League will be revealed?

This issue is also offered as a combo pack edition with a redemption code for a digital download of this issue.
    SECRET ORIGINS #11
    Written by RAY FAWKES, CHRISTY MARX and LANDRY Q. WALKER
    Art by RICHARD ISANOVE, SCOTT HEPBURN and DAVE BULLOCK
    Cover by BRYAN HITCH
    On sale MARCH 25 • 48 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T • FINAL ISSUE

The secret history of The New 52 comes to a close with a bang! Don’t miss the origins of Black Canary, by Christy Marx and Dave Bullock; Red Lantern Guy Gardner, by Landry Q. Walker and Scott Hepburn; and John Constantine, by Ray Fawkes and Richard Isanove!
    Hypo
    Lil' Leaguer
    Last edited by Hypo; 12-17-2014, 12:06 AM.

GLC, RLs and NG ending

I gotta say I´m surprised that GLC is getting axed. And apparently DC´s really keen on making the FE one shots cannon, judging by the Apex League on the Sinestro issue.

http://www.newsarama.com/23002-dc-co...52-part-1.html

Comment

Really? I can see ditching Red Lanterns and New Guardians, but to toss GLC, instead of revamping it, says they are basically giving up on the idea of Green Lantern being a franchise at all. It also means that if GL doesn't step up its game, Green Lantern in general will now fade into obscurity, since people that aren't digging the main title have nowhere else to go. I would FAR rather they keep GLC around than Sinestro. Especially since I actually like all the Earth GLs (OK, so only two of them are technically still GLs, you know what I mean) aside from Baz, who I don't care about. No way are they all getting shoehorned into GL, so I'll be saying goodbye to at least half of them, best case. Worst case, Hal and John are gone, too, and Baz takes over the main title. But I just cannot see that happening.
      Mister Ed
      Horse of a Different Color
      Last edited by Mister Ed; 12-15-2014, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
        Really? I can see ditching Red Lanterns and New Guardians, but to toss GLC, instead of revamping it, says they are basically giving up on the idea of Green Lantern being a franchise at all. It also means that if GL doesn't step up its game, Green Lantern in general will now fade into obscurity, since people that aren't digging the main title have nowhere else to go. I would FAR rather they keep GLC around than Sinestro.
        No, the word is that a lot of books are being cancelled and started again after Convergence.

Comment

So are the Pale Vicars just forgotten? Seemed like they were building that up as a focus of Sinestro's book in the short term, but it seems to have dropped by the wayside.

Comment

Well, if they even just relaunch GLC, I guess I'll be happy. I kind of hope there still remains at least one other GL-related title beyond that, whatever they may call it. Sinestro really doesn't provide much of a GL fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
              Sinestro really doesn't provide much of a GL fix.
              Neither do the current books.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by chosenone85 View Post
                  Neither do the current books.
                  Touche, but not, IMHO, entirely accurate, at least for me. Sinestro's book, even if it were excellent, would not feel like a GL book to me, whereas even a subpar GL or GLC book still does.

Comment

That gif sucked in the DC thread.

Comment

I'd say it's pretty close to a given to GLC getting a relaunch, just hope it has a new creative team when it does.

Comment

GL needs a new creative team. And why are they making Hal the villain again?

Comment

Green Lantern Corps was my book! And now they pull this crap, unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by chosenone85 View Post
                            GL needs a new creative team. And why are they making Hal the villain again?
                            Creative bankruptcy?

Comment

I'm not as upset that about the cancellations as I am about Hal Jordan becoming a villain again. Seriously DC!? Geoff Johns put in all that work returning Hal to glory and now they gonna erase all that and we have to go through this shit all over again?

I know I'm jumping to conclusions because obviously I haven't read the issues yet but this better not be a long lasting thing.
                              Green Lantern's Light!

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527

Comment

Working...
                              X