X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CeltiC5-27 View Post
    Jason Fabok's artwork is amazing!

Originally posted by Espronceda View Post
    That's a great looking piece of art! It sooths my eyes after having to look at Tan's horrible work. Can we get a great artist back on the main GL book and a better writer?
    I'd settle for just changing the artist at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by CeltiC5-27 View Post
      Jason Fabok's artwork is amazing!

It is pretty good. The coloring is off. They should use alo less grey,and they left out the famous GL black pit stains. That's funny about batman though. what issue is this from?
      Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

Originally posted by Rotten2thecorps View Post
        It is pretty good. The coloring is off. They should use alo less grey,and they left out the famous GL black pit stains. That's funny about batman though. what issue is this from?
        Justice League #39.

It sucks that this is a series I collect in TPB, I won't be reading it until next year considering how the JL trades seem to crawl to the bookstores.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Davos View Post
          It's probably because of his involvement with the Alpha Lanterns concept. But that's a guess.
          That was my first thought but he isn't credited on the trade. Strange.

Comment

Interview: Cullen Bunn Talks LOBO, The Pariah, and Bekka's Future in SINESTRO
            CV: The end of the latest issue of SINESTRO shows Bekka, a New God, as a member of the Sinestro Corps. While Sinestro has sacrificed a lot of members during this run, is Bekka, the Sinestro Corps member, going to carry through Convergence?

CB: Bekka will be around for quite a while. Sinestro has plans for the New God, and those plans will carry through the storyline for many issues to come. There are also more than a few questions remaining about Bekka’s motivations for donning a yellow ring, and we’ll be exploring that as well. These two are playing a dangerous game that I think will be a lot of fun for readers.

CV: Mongul and the Sinestro Corps have a long-standing relationship of sorts. Mogul, once again, is craving the power of Parallax and is willing to do almost anything to get it. Would you say Mongul's plot is more about revenge or power?

CB: Mongul certainly wants power, and he is more than capable of claiming it. It’s his desire for revenge, though, that gets him into trouble. Mongul has drawn Sinestro out using tactics that would have worked on himself. He struck at Korugarians in hopes that Sinestro would rocket headlong into a trap. But Sinestro, I think, is a little more level-headed about such things. Even when he’s angry, he’s always planning a few steps ahead.

CV: What drives your writing when it comes to the father and daughter dynamic in this book?

CB: The relationship between parent and child is something I’m always interested in exploring. With Sinestro and Soranik, it’s particularly interesting, because they are seemingly complete opposites in every way. What’s exciting for me is that Soranik and Sinestro is that they are engaged in this kind of tug-of-war and we’re not sure who will win. Will Soranik drag Sinestro into the light? Or will Sinestro pull his daughter into the shadows? One side will definitely gain a lot of ground in the next few issues.

Comment

GREEN LANTERN Writer On HAL's New, Ring-Free Direction for June - SPOILERS
              Nrama: OK, that's understandable. How much can you say about how this affects the book in June. Is Hal still the star of Green Lantern?

Venditti: Hal is going to continue to be the lead of Green Lantern. It's just going to be a new direction for the book. And like I say, this is something we've been planning for quite awhile, even before I personally knew anything about Convergence or a two-month break, or the new look DC, where books would take a pause at #40 and come back at #41 — before any of that, this was always the direction the book was going to go.

It just worked out really well, in the sense that when all those developments happened, this already fit in really well with that.

It's been a very long-form plan with Green Lantern, from the day I took it on. I knew there was going to be "Lights Out." I knew that there was going to be a confrontation with the New Gods in "Godhead." So we've been planning what the direction would be.

So yeah, Hal's still going to be the main guy in the Green Lantern book. We'll be looking at the Green Lantern mythology and looking at him as a character from a very different angle.

And as we found out in #40, he still has the ability — even though he's no longer in the Corps, and he doesn't have a ring anymore, because he left that behind, he took Krona's gauntlet, which was a very early prototype weapon developed before the rings. It has its own backpack battery, and it's sort of its own enclosed system.

So he still has the ability to wield constructs and do all these things that make him Green Lantern.

He just doesn't have the ring.

We are going to be doing some different things. There's going to be a lot of surprises, and a lot of things that I think are going to be unexpected when we come back with #41 — not just for Green Lantern specifically, but even in the other titles in the Green Lantern line.

But it's all part of a much larger plan that connects in ways that I think are going to catch people off guard.

Nrama: That was something I was wondering about, was how much you're working with Cullen Bunn, who's now doing the two other Green Lantern titles. Right? There's just two other ones?

Venditti: Sure, yeah. And you know, It is a thing where we are coordinating. But it's not going to be as intertwined as it has been.

When I was brought on to write Green Lantern, it was with the idea that the books would be very linked and there would be a very tight continuity between them. And the annuals would be capstones on events, where all the characters from all the books would have roles to play.

The new direction coming out of Convergence is going to be for these books to be much more self-contained.

Hopefully, it's going to be the best of both worlds. If you're reading all three, you pick up on these threads and see how they're tied together, but if you read them individually, they stand completely alone in that regard. It's something we worked really hard on.

But yeah, Cullen and I are working with each other, and we do know where we're going with our respective titles.

And it is all building on stuff that has come before, so if you're been a reader, you'll pick up on a lot of those threads that go back years. But it's also going to be very new and very self-contained so that new readers can pick it up and immediately come into it.

That's kind of what I mean about this new direction for Hal. It's something that was going to be the endpoint of this first long-form story arc, of him being a leader. And now he's going off on a new long-form story arc. And it just happened to fall around the same time that these breaks were going to be happening, with a new direction in June. So it all ended up being pretty fortuitous, in the way it came together.

Comment

Just give it to me, damn it.

Comment

No.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                    No.
                    Someone once said that marrying for a second time is the triumph of hope over experience. That is the perennial condition of Green Lantern fans.

Comment

Green Lantern June 2015 Solicitations

GREEN LANTERN #41
                      Written by ROBERT VENDITTI
                      Art by BILLY TAN and MARK IRWIN
                      Cover by BILLY TAN
                      THE JOKER Variant cover by BEN OLIVER
                      On sale JUNE 3 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

“Renegade!” Beginning a new chapter in Hal Jordan’s life as he becomes the universe’s most wanted outlaw!

And wait till you meet Hal’s new partner, Darlene. She’s definitely not what you’re expecting!
                      GREEN LANTERN: THE LOST ARMY #1
                      Written by CULLEN BUNN
                      Art and cover by JESUS SAIZ
                      1:25 Variant cover by BEN OLIVER
                      On sale JUNE 24 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
                      Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.

Imagine waking up in a strange place where you didn’t recognize anything, and everyone you knew and loved was nowhere to be found. Now imagine that you are a Green Lantern. The rest of the Corps is missing, you don’t know where you are and there’s not a Power Battery to be found for as far as your ring can scan. Where are you? How did you get here? Those are just two of the many questions facing our heroes.
                      Starring John Stewart, Two-Six, Kilowog and Arisia, and featuring a surprise guest-star we promise you’ll never predict, LOST ARMY is an incredible journey of discovery, survival, morality and heartbreak. Never has the Corps been challenged in this way – and not everyone is going to make it home!
                      SINESTRO #12
                      Written by CULLEN BUNN
                      Art by BRAD WALKER and ANDREW HENNESSY
                      Cover by MARTIN COCCOLO
                      THE JOKER Variant cover by JOSHUA MIDDLETON
                      On sale JUNE 17 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
                      Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.

There’s a traitor in the Sinestro Corps who has set New Korugar on a path to certain destruction! The smart move would be to evacuate the Korugarian refugees from the planet, but Sinestro knows finding the identity of the traitor is more crucial, which leads to an unexpected betrayal from someone you would never expect, and a punishment from Sinestro that will alter someone’s life irrevocably!
                      Hypo
                      Lil' Leaguer
                      Last edited by Hypo; 03-12-2015, 05:44 PM.

Comment

GL: The Lost Army...starring John Stewart! Thank God! I really don't want him in limbo at all. And the book also has Killowog and Arisia which is cool. And the premise does sound like ST Voyager. Cullen Bunn has been doing a decent job on Sinestro, which IMO is the best written of the 5 current GL titles. Sounds like a good move putting him on this. And Jesus Saiz? His art in Swamp Thing is AMAZING.

But where does Guy fit into the books now?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Davos View Post
                          GL: The Lost Army...starring John Stewart! Thank God! I really don't want him in limbo at all. And the book also has Killowog and Arisia which is cool. And the premise does sound like ST Voyager.

But where does Guy fit into the books now?
                          Depends on if he reverts to being a Green Lantern or not. If he does I assume he'll pop up in Lost Army but won't be part of the core cast. If not then he's tabled for now. Same applies to Kyle.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                            Depends on if he reverts to being a Green Lantern or not. If he does I assume he'll pop up in Lost Army but won't be part of the core cast. If not then he's tabled for now. Same applies to Kyle.
                            I really think it'd be a mistake to shelf either Guy or Kyle. Both of them should go back to being Green Lanterns where they belong. Not this shitty foo-foo white lantern or cheesy red lantern crap.

Comment

Geoff Johns and Jason Fabok talked to a few differnt comic websites today and we got some new info on the Darksed War. Nothing too exciting but Johns did clarify that Bryan Hitch's Justice League of America book is "just out of continuity adventures that kind of stand on their own" so that clears up that question. The solicitation for Justice League #41 was also released and the amazing cover has Hal front in center, which is nice to see.

JUSTICE LEAGUE #41
                              Written by GEOFF JOHNS
                              Art and cover by JASON FABOK
                              THE JOKER Variant cover by DAVID FINCH
                              Blank variant cover
                              On sale JUNE 17 • 48 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T
                              Retailers: This issue will ship with three covers. Please see the order form for details.

The critically acclaimed team of Geoff Johns and Jason Fabok present the much anticipated, extra-sized first chapter of “DARKSEID WAR”! When the Justice League investigate a series of unexplained murders on Earth, it leads them to the frontlines of a war unlike any the DC Universe has ever seen – a battle between the two most powerful villains in existence: Darkseid and the Anti-Monitor! Meet Darkseid’s daughter – a mysterious force of evil with a bizarre connection to the Justice League! Plus: The horrible secret of Superwoman’s baby! The ultimate temptation of Batman! Lex Luthor vs. Superman – no holds barred! New villains! New allies! And so much more in the DC Event that has been building since JUSTICE LEAGUE #1!
                              GEOFF JOHNS: June's JUSTICE LEAGUE #41 'Major Shift In Status Quo'
                              Johns, Fabok Promise a "Very Personal" Event-Sized Justice League Story in "Darkseid War"
                              Interview: Geoff Johns and Jason Fabok Prepare for The Darkseid War with the Justice League
                              CeltiC5-27
                              Weaponer of Qward
                              Last edited by CeltiC5-27; 03-11-2015, 07:02 AM.
                              Green Lantern's Light!

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527

Comment

Updated my post with the GL solicit.

Comment

Working...
                                X