X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Yesterday was the actual 80th anniversary:

Comment

I had Thursday as the actual anniversary (even wrote it on my calendar). Comic Vine says All American #16 (which was cover dated for July) hit stores on May 21, 1940. Maybe they count a printing day or something, but I've never heard of it.

It's the day I celebrated 5 years ago and it's the day I'll celebrate this week because I want to re-read this ish and watch some GL stuff and not believe I missed it.
        Space Cop
        The Dandy
        Last edited by Space Cop; 05-19-2020, 03:50 AM.

Comment

wonder if this is still coming out this week or was it pushed back as well?

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

It was pushed back.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
              Green Lantern 80th Anniversary Variants
              2010s Variant by Jim Lee

Comment

It was pushed back.

GOD D@MN CHINA MADE BIO-WEAPON

....................... what's the new date

2010s Variant by Jim Lee

now why can't we get art like this then the sh!t-show of "art" they give us now?

IonFan says

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                  ... what's the new date ....
                  June 23 (or 24th in most comic shops). Hypo has been posting all the adjusted release dates in the Diamond thread.

Comment

Green Lantern 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular #1 Crusty Bunkers Retailer Exclusive Covers by Neal Adams

Comment

On June 23, join DC in celebrating eight decades of intergalactic justice and peacekeeping with the Green Lantern 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular #1. You’ve already seen the incredible decade variant covers depicting the Green Lantern Corps across 80 years, but here’s your first look at some of the awesome stories that make up this must-have collectors’ item:

“Last Will,” by Geoff Johns and Ivan Reis

The team that brought you Sinestro Corps War and Blackest Night reunites to deliver one more story featuring the Emerald Warrior. Hal Jordan crashes onto an unknown planet with only enough power in his ring to send three messages out.

“Legacy,” by Ron Marz and Darryl Banks

The co-creators of Kyle Rayner return to tell another adventure with the Torchbearer. Kyle travels to New York to grab a few things from the old Warriors location in storage, but he finds that not everything Guy Gardner displayed in his bar was totally safe.

“Four,” by Robert Venditti and Rafa Sandoval

The team that brought you Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps power up again for one more tale with the 4 Corpsmen. Hal Jordan, John Stewart, and Kyle Rayner reunite to reminisce and tell old war stories, but where’s Guy Gardner?

“Reverse The Polarity,” by Charlotte (Fullerton) McDuffie and ChrisCross

In a story that should pluck the heartstrings of any Justice League Unlimited fan, Charlotte (Fullerton) McDuffie and ChrisCross team up for an adventure featuring John Stewart and Hawkgirl. In this sweet tribute to the late Dwayne McDuffie. John and Kendra are trapped in the Watchtower by Dr. Polaris after her takes control of a mysterious element that enhances his powers.

The book also features Green Lantern tales from other celebrated talents, including Peter J. Tomasi/Fernando Pasarin, Denny O’Neil/Mike Grell, Sina Grace/Ramon Villalobos, Mariko Tamaki/Mirka Andolfo and Cullen Bunn/Doug Mahnke. A renowned collection of artists has also contributed tribute art recognizing the legacy of the Green Lantern Corps, including Far Sector artist Jamal Campbell, Green Lantern: Legacy artist Andie Tong, Catwoman artist Joelle Jones with Jordie Bellaire, Batman: Dark Knight: The Golden Child artist Rafael Grampa, and others.
                      Hypo
                      Lil' Leaguer
                      Last edited by Hypo; 05-22-2020, 06:46 PM.

Comment

I'll be passing on this since it seems like Guy won't be involved at all.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnMc View Post
                          I'll be passing on this since it seems like Guy won't be involved at all.
                          We got previews of only four of the stories, there's still six more.
                          Hypo
                          Lil' Leaguer
                          Last edited by Hypo; 05-23-2020, 05:37 PM.

Comment

alright i'm sold, the art looks amazing

IonFan says

Comment

Johns and Reis back on GL, gonna have to think long and hard about getting this after passing on GL books the past couple years.
                              "If at first you don't succeed, try Kyle again!".

Comment

It's a GL book with new tales, so it's a sure sale for me, but some of this just justifies the money.

Comment

Working...
                                X