Marvel publishing DC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel publishing DC?

No, I don't know anything but yes there's odd rumors of this or that that I don't really put any stock in.

But still. What if this happened? What if Marvel (and by Marvel that means Disney) acquired DC's characters and started putting out DC comics? Like, incorporating DC into Marvel.

What would that even look like? Like, I'd imagine there'd be some sort of new Crisis, and now Batman and Superman and WW and GL and all are merged into the Marvel universe. Whether we're talking in comics or film... how would that play out?

Like, what would the JL's relationship be with the Avengers? How does Gotham and Metropolis fit into the Marvel universe? If X-Men are being hunted by essentially government Sentinels, what does Superman do about this?

And so on, and so on.

I don't think we can merge the universes. While DC did that all the time with characters they bought, Marvel only did that with individual properties like Godzilla, ROM, Angela or Conan. Even Secret Wars didn't merge the whole Ultimate Universe with the 616, they just moved the Maker, Miles and that weird blond Wolverine son over.

I think DC under Marvel would be treated like its own sub-label, like Epic or New Universe. Sure, there would be crossovers and even single characters travelling back and forth. Maybe even a new round of Amalgams. But nothing permanent.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
      I don't think we can merge the universes. While DC did that all the time with characters they bought, Marvel only did that with individual properties like Godzilla, ROM, Angela or Conan. Even Secret Wars didn't merge the whole Ultimate Universe with the 616, they just moved the Maker, Miles and that weird blond Wolverine son over.

I think DC under Marvel would be treated like its own sub-label, like Epic or New Universe. Sure, there would be crossovers and even single characters travelling back and forth. Maybe even a new round of Amalgams. But nothing permanent.
      When they used to cross over frequently during the 70s to early 00s both Marvel and DC had the mindset that they all inhabited the same universe. Integrating the two properties wouldn't be that complicated.

Honestly I can't see WB selling off property rights altogether unless they're hemorrhaging money. They'll want to retain the rights for the movies. If they do intend to shut down the comics division then they will most likely license them out to IDW or somewhere.
      JohnMc
      Senior Corps Member
      Last edited by JohnMc; 02-24-2020, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnMc View Post
        When they used to cross over frequently during the 70s to early 00s both Marvel and DC had the mindset that they all inhabited the same universe.
        In some. In others, like Green Lantern/Silver Surfer or DC vs Marvel, it was two very distinctive universes.

Comment

They'll merge he universes. Because can you imagine how many comics and movie tickets that would sell?

What would be the point of buying DC Entertainment and then not doing that?
          Trey Strain
          Guardian of the Universe
          Last edited by Trey Strain; 02-24-2020, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X