The definitive anti-Hal post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KILLER-CLONE View Post
    NT Platypus claims that his 'theories' are not baiting. But clearly they are. Otherwise why write them? Unless he's trying to outwardly deny his sub-conscoius love affair with Hal.

To be honest I don't think his views warrant a response. Its childish, pointless character bashing bought about by his apparent 'boredom' at work. Although I doubt he could get that bored working the drive thru at KFC.

I'm assuming by his name that he's an Aussie and I'm embarressed as a fellow Australian by his Anti-Hal ramblings (no doubt composed prior to typing with a crayon)
    Just an FYI here and since NT Platypus is not a member here it's not a big deal but this is as far as we would like to go with personal attacks. A couple of witty remarks are fine but If he shows up this could deteriorate into a bash session. Again just an FYI.... continue.
    My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

I'll allow it!

I'm sure Killer speaks for a lot of folks. But yes, let's try and be civil in the inevitable/unavoidable (as I see it) Hal and Kyle debates/arguments. As long as it doesn't get personal I have no problem with it.

Comment

lol
        My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Noted.
          A.A.F.A.D.

"Damn that Sorcerer! 20 gold pieces and I'm wankered on Rohypnol!"

Comment

Yo.

about the notion that Hal loses book due to his lack of character & watever.......wasnt GL doing pretty GOOD when _ET_ came about??

and also, couldnt the current drop off of readers be attributed to the fact that the title was LATE, and possibly a storyline that simply replulsed readers either due to art or the storyarc??

Hal being "too generic" a character is a lazy excuse IMNSHO.

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
            Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

To me Hal is truly an amazing character considering that the fans loved him so much that even after 10 years of him being dead they still support him. No matter how bad DC has mismanaged his character and the GL mythos they still support him, no matter how many bad GL stories are told they still support him. If so many people can be so loyal for all of these years and still love a character and mythos that has been pissed on more than one, there must be something to why Hal is as popular as he is.
              "If at first you don't succeed, try Kyle again!".

Comment

Kinda the same for Barry Allen. Barry's been dead for 20 years and there are still plenty of people hoping for his return. I suppose there's something about Barry and Hal that must resonate with readers of a particular age. They really were the two characters that ushered in the Silver Age. And really, Green Lantern and Flash are the two titles that seem to have their lead characters dicked around with the most. Weird.

Maybe its the archetypal nature of characters like Hal and Barry that readers like, rather than the desperately flawed characters of the modern era.

I'm still hoping for Ted Kord's return.....
                A.A.F.A.D.

Comment

Originally posted by KILLER-CLONE View Post
                  Kinda the same for Barry Allen. Barry's been dead for 20 years and there are still plenty of people hoping for his return. I suppose there's something about Barry and Hal that must resonate with readers of a particular age. They really were the two characters that ushered in the Silver Age. And really, Green Lantern and Flash are the two titles that seem to have their lead characters dicked around with the most. Weird.

Maybe its the archetypal nature of characters like Hal and Barry that readers like, rather than the desperately flawed characters of the modern era.

I'm still hoping for Ted Kord's return.....
                  I don't quite get the Barry thing myself. I can see how fans want "their" Flash back, b-but- Barry's death and Wally's subsequent rise to heroism? Was one of the rare instances that the hero death/replacement cycle was done *well*. I can't imagine why anyone would want to mess with it. :P

Oh, Ted. T__T The aftermath of HIS death has been handled so much better than the death itself, I've stopped wanting him alive again. Let him rest for at least ten years (or have Booster pick up a wayward Beetle from the multiverse or something. MISMATCHED BLUE AND GOLD, TRAIPSING THROUGHOUT THE MULTIVERSE. HOW WOULD THAT NOT BE BEAUTIFUL?)

Comment

Hey, I'm no Barry fan. Personally i like Wally better. Only because I got into Flash straight off the back of Legends. I was just making a comparison.
                    A.A.F.A.D.

Comment

Oh man. This thread is like a great substitute for my workout routine.

Comment

Barry Allen will always be the Flash in my eyes... everyone else is just a wannabe. LOL... but that opinion is based on entirely different motives than my opinion in favor of Hal Jordan over all others.
                        Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Cephied Variable View Post
                          I don't quite get the Barry thing myself. I can see how fans want "their" Flash back, b-but- Barry's death and Wally's subsequent rise to heroism? Was one of the rare instances that the hero death/replacement cycle was done *well*. I can't imagine why anyone would want to mess with it. :P

Oh, Ted. T__T The aftermath of HIS death has been handled so much better than the death itself, I've stopped wanting him alive again. Let him rest for at least ten years (or have Booster pick up a wayward Beetle from the multiverse or something. MISMATCHED BLUE AND GOLD, TRAIPSING THROUGHOUT THE MULTIVERSE. HOW WOULD THAT NOT BE BEAUTIFUL?)
                          That's what I'm saying...let the heroes rest in peace. I get really mad when one of my favs die but I take it and move on, I actually get more mad when they bring them back, waters the character down.

Comment

Originally posted by Parrylakks View Post
                            Barry Allen will always be the Flash in my eyes... everyone else is just a wannabe. LOL... but that opinion is based on entirely different motives than my opinion in favor of Hal Jordan over all others.
                            Oh, how many Barry Allen Flash comics do you actually own, Parry?

Comment

I've got the old Hal and Barry Brave and the Bold comics and the 1999 mini... but really I don't own any non-GL appearance DC comics except for Superman: Godfall, Superman/Thundercats, and some big story crossover shot issues (like all of the #0s after Zero Hour and what not)... well and a bunch that Toot sent me in that box, but I don't even know whats in there (the Superman comics I took out of it were actually split between KilowogCK and my brother, Alan).

But no... my love for Barry Allen stems from the Flash pilot episode that was released as a movie on VHS... I used to rent that thing every other week as a kid. I loved it. And still do, as I recently got my hands on the series DVD set.
                              Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

bumping for all to see!

Comment

Working...
                                X