• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE GREEN LANTERN SEASON TWO #1
    written by GRANT MORRISON
    art and cover by LIAM SHARP
    variant cover by GERALD PAREL
    blank variant cover

The team of writer Grant Morrison and artist Liam Sharp continue their bold new take on the Emerald Warrior in a wild 30-page second season opener!
    In the wake of the Blackstar incursion, Hal Jordan and his fellow Lanterns must pick up the pieces from that cataclysmic conclusion. Among them is Jordan’s next critical mission: search for the next generation of cosmic immortals. Is the universe ready for…the Young Guardians?

ON SALE 02.12.20
    $4.99 US | 1 OF 12 | 40 PAGES
    FC | DC

This issue will ship with three covers.
    Please see the order form for details.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
      Well it wouldn't be a GL comic, if there wasn't some major Guardians' changes in there, now and again.
      In the old days, that just meant that a Guardian would die here and there, or that they would go into seclusion. I preferred that to them ALL killing themselves (except Ganthet), then being brought back as kids, then growing up overnight, then retroactively being evil, then being replaced by a different group, then (apparently) disappearing again somehow and being replaced by yet more youngsters.

To my mind, the Guardians as incredibly ancient, wise, and benevolent beings (even if their benevolence might not always look like it at street level) is what makes the GLC work as an organization. It is what gives them some level of legitimacy in their role of preserving cosmic order. Otherwise they seem like a self-appointed police force made up of an assortment of sentients with no real basis for claiming to know what is best for the universe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
        In the old days, that just meant that a Guardian would die here and there, or that they would go into seclusion. I preferred that to them ALL killing themselves (except Ganthet), then being brought back as kids, then growing up overnight, then retroactively being evil, then being replaced by a different group, then (apparently) disappearing again somehow and being replaced by yet more youngsters.

To my mind, the Guardians as incredibly ancient, wise, and benevolent beings (even if their benevolence might not always look like it at street level) is what makes the GLC work as an organization. It is what gives them some level of legitimacy in their role of preserving cosmic order. Otherwise they seem like a self-appointed police force made up of an assortment of sentients with no real basis for claiming to know what is best for the universe.
        I agree, but writers like to change up the status quo, so that means that The Guardians have to be taken down a notch, or changed-up. I'd much rather prefer they'd be wise-old ancient deity's again, as opposed to ignorant billion years old fools, but apparently that doesn't make for good storytelling these days. I'll admit, I find it quite frustrating.

Comment

• So now the Templar Guardians (those that didn't die from the Controllers), Ganthet, and Sayd are gone.

Here I was hoping to see Ganthet and Sayd making the Blue Lantern Corps again.

The lantern in the picture above looks bizarrely different. Oh joy.

So Hal is trying to re-ignite the GLC by recruiting both "lawmen" instead of Mogo/Oa choosing "those without fear" or "able to overcome fear". And Hal is even recruiting new Guardians. Like that ever worked in the old GL.

I can just barely stand the artwork as well. It reminds me of the "independent" comics, or worse yet, Jason Yungbluth (https://www.whatisdeepfried.com/). I just can't stand the style. I miss the clean, crisp Dan Jurgens.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhpace1 View Post
            So now the Templar Guardians (those that didn't die from the Controllers), Ganthet, and Sayd are gone.
            Wait, what happened to them?

Comment

• I'm just saying I don't see them in the black&white previews above, nor in the description.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                Wait, what happened to them?
                No idea, but I'm assuming the need for new Guardians was prompted by the absence of the present ones. (I recall the Controllers doing something to them, but I don't remember how that turned out.)

Comment

• THE GREEN LANTERN SEASON TWO #2
                  written by GRANT MORRISON
                  art and cover by LIAM SHARP
                  variant cover by NICOLA SCOTT

Hal Jordan is stuck on the worst possible planet he can imagine: Earth! Reassigned by the bold new Guardians to patrol his home planet, Hal finds himself a bit bored with his familiar haunts versus the infinite expanse and adventure of outer space. But when an invasion from the dawn of time strikes the planet, can Hal stop…the Ornitho-Men?!

ON SALE 03.11.20
                  $3.99 US | 2 OF 12 | 32 PAGES
                  FC | DC

This issue will ship with two covers.
                  Please see the order form for details.

Comment

• Good news for people who wanted a more grounded approach to GL with Hal spending time on earth, building relationships, etc.
                    http://cropsycrypt.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Sometimes I suspect that Grant Morrison reads this board.

The only thing he's done wrong with Hal so far is to proceed from the idea that he's a space cop, which is the only bad idea of Geoff's that he's carried forward. The space cop should be Guy. And it looks like Morrison is fixing that.

Now if he'll just make Ferris a racing company instead of an aircraft manufacturer... well, then he can work on losing the ring constructs.

Yeah.
                      Trey Strain
                      Guardian of the Universe
                      Last edited by Trey Strain; 12-18-2019, 07:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post

Now if he'll just make Ferris a racing company instead of an aircraft manufacturer... well, then he can work on losing the ring constructs.

Yeah.
                        Dude, Green Lantern is a SPACE title, not a Nascar title. Perish the thought of Ferris Air being connected to racing.
                        Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Sometimes I suspect that Grant Morrison reads this board.

The only thing he's done wrong with Hal so far is to proceed from the idea that he's a space cop, which is the only bad idea of Geoff's that he's carried forward. The space cop should be Guy. And it looks like Morrison is fixing that.

Yeah.
                          Originally posted by Hypo View Post

I hope that's better than it sounds....or looks at this point. Hal's on Earth fighting bird men? Who possibly get his ring away from him? That doesn't bode well. I guess we'll just have to hope for the best.
                          Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

• Originally posted by BLACK HAND View Post
                            Good news for people who wanted a more grounded approach to GL with Hal spending time on earth, building relationships, etc.
                            Yeah, I'm good with this.

Comment

• Get those neurons firing, BBL duuuuuuuude. I didn't say there shouldn't be a GL comic that's based in space. I said Hal should star in an Earth-based comic.

You just focus on Jessica Cruz and let me focus on everything else.
                              Trey Strain
                              Guardian of the Universe
                              Last edited by Trey Strain; 12-19-2019, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Get those neurons firing, BBL duuuuuuuude. I didn't say there shouldn't be a GL comic that's based in space. I said Hal should star in an Earth-based comic.

You just focus on Jessica Cruz and let me focus on everything else.
                                Hal has always been a character closely associated with flight and aerial battles. A transition to something like an astronaut made sense, but you want to turn him in Richard Petty?

Comment

Working...
                                X