Action Figure Regret

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
    Nice. "I could've killed Hitler, introduced the smallpox vaccine 200 years early and prevented the Great Depression, but I had toys to get, dammit!"
    I wouldn't dare try to make big changes in history. For all I know, they would end up screwing things up worse in the long run.

Though truthfully, I would be completely unwilling to ever travel back in time to a point before the birth of my last kid, for fear that any little change could ripple and alter exactly what sperm fertilized what egg, and I'd come back and the child I knew and loved would be gone forever.

I'd be perfectly willing to travel back to last week with the lottery numbers, though. (Or to prevent a tragedy, if I thought I could actually do so. I've seen enough stories of people with future knowledge trying to warn of, or avert, events to realize that there are several possible complications that might make this difficult.)

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
      I wouldn't dare try to make big changes in history. For all I know, they would end up screwing things up worse in the long run...
      Yeah, I'd have the same fear and probably chicken out of using it altogether though I might be tempted to do purely observational things like listen to Mozart play or something.

Definitely would not track myself down since I "know" from Timecop that I could accidentally touch and turn into a time-looped blob. ... that's science right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Targaryen View Post
        Don't you hate that? When you pass on something you later want, and it skyrockets in price? It doesn't happen to me often, but it eats at me when it DOES.
        When I attend these shows, I should just buy everything I'm interested in if the price is reasonable, consequences be damned. At the very least, I could sell it as a lot on eBay if I don't want it.

I also passed on a Wonder Woman figure that's going for around $50, not to mention those Guardians I passed on. There are plenty of instances, however, that I made out like a bandit, like when I got that SDCC Yellow Hal Jordan for $5 a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Targaryen View Post
          Don't you hate that? When you pass on something you later want, and it skyrockets in price? It doesn't happen to me often, but it eats at me when it DOES.

same thing happened to me for the first GL series and Kilowog. I decided i only wanted the Hal and Parallax, then a few years later i decided to collec tthem all and BAM! $70+ for Kilowog

Comment

I regret passing on some of the Funko Pop Vinyls. I'm a big fan of Alice in Wonderland, so when they did a Disney Alice I picked that up but refrained from the Cheshire Cat and Mad Hatter for whatever reason. I could have had each for $9 and now I never see them in stores and the cheaper one starts at $50 on Amazon. Ditto the movie version of Hal Jordan (though I did snag the movie Sinestro and New 52 Hal).

Space Cop
            The Dandy
            Last edited by Space Cop; 08-30-2014, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Godmera View Post
              I have a lot of Spawn figures, maybe them.
              Indeed.
              I worked at KMart and would go to receiving and dig through the cases as they arrived, picking out all the chase/variants and snatching them up.
              They now sit in boxes in my basement doing nothing but wasting space. Some are extremely "rare", and still worth nothing...
              OPEN MINDS WILL DOMINATE!

Comment

Selling my Sota Street Fighters.
                "Build a man a fire, he'll stay warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm the rest of his life."

Comment

Also passing up on the complete Django figures for 15 bucks a piece. : /
                  "Build a man a fire, he'll stay warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm the rest of his life."

Comment

Not really, I focused on Spawn and Star Wars for the most part and that's what I got; I'm still picking up Star Wars toys but I refrain from getting the 20th version of Luke, and I'm holding off on most of the 6 inch black series toys.

I'm really more regretful about giving away my old Star Wars toys and vintage stuff when I convinced myself I was too cool to buy action figures anymore. I also straight up threw a bunch of stuff away when I was in the military for pretty much the same reason, like all of my Metal Gear toys, which I am super regretting now. I've also been through a house fire that wiped out all of my possessions, some of the stuff I had then is super expensive now like the old NECA toys I had. Wish I could have all of that stuff back.
                    http://cropsycrypt.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by BLACK HAND View Post
                      ... I've also been through a house fire that wiped out all of my possessions, some of the stuff I had then is super expensive now like the old NECA toys I had. Wish I could have all of that stuff back.
                      I remember seeing a lot of cool NECA stuff at horror conventions and either passing on it because that wasn't my collecting focus or because I didn't have the money, but now those pieces are OOP easily five times more online.

Comment

I regret not buying a 1979 Kenner Alien figure in the package years ago before they shot up in price. One day I am going to have to pull the trigger and pay top dollar to get it.

Comment

I can't recall regretting actually buying figures. I do have the typical regrets, though, like somehow losing a bunch of figures in moves, most notably a big collection of Toy Biz Marvel figures. I still don't really know how that happened. All I know is that I used to own the figures, and I don't anymore.

It doesn't seem like they're that expensive these days judging from listings like this...
                          https://www.ebay.com/itm/SPIDER-MAN-...8AAOSw94taCTnV

...but I doubt I'll buy them ever again. I used to love Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four, Silver Surfer, and various other Marvel heroes as a child, but I'm weirdly near completely uninterested in them now. I can't even really explain why. It's not like they ever did anything to upset me, and it's not like I don't still like superheroes, and it's not like I don't realize that they're cool, but I just don't have much interest in them or nostalgia for them, which is quite strange to me, but is it what it is.

I think part of the reason is that if I go back and watch things like the 90s Spider-Man cartoon, I'll realize I don't like it anymore (I've tried here and there, but only in small spurts). The weird thing is that I can go back and watch things like the 90s Mega Man cartoon and Power Rangers and still love them and get hit with loads of nostalgia for them. Dunno', can't always explain matters of the heart. If I had to take a guess, it could be that the Toby Maguire Spider-Man films, the X-Men films, and the Fantastic Four films just killed my interest in those things, and I wasn't getting enough content that I actually liked from them to keep the fire burning.

That said, I still kinda' wish I had those figures I somehow lost.
                          Star-Lantern
                          Weaponer of Qward
                          Last edited by Star-Lantern; 11-19-2017, 12:44 AM.
                          ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

Originally posted by Star-Lantern View Post
                            I can't recall regretting actually buying figures. I do have the typical regrets, though, like somehow losing a bunch of figures in moves, most notably a big collection of Toy Biz Marvel figures. I still don't really know how that happened. All I know is that I used to own the figures, and I don't anymore.

It doesn't seem like they're that expensive these days judging from listings like this...
                            https://www.ebay.com/itm/SPIDER-MAN-...8AAOSw94taCTnV
                            If you ever decide that you want to restart collecting those, you're right in assuming that they aren't expensive. The Spider-man: TAS figures and the Spider-man/Marvel Universe 10" figures were some of the most mass-produced lines ever. The figures were good quality, especially for that time period, and the shows were popular, but TB produced so much that retailers eventually put them on clearance in large quantities.
                            Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

I still have some of those Marvel Toy Biz figures, and would call them a regret. I gave all of the 10" ones to my son to play with years ago and they are long broken and thrown away. The smaller ones are still carded in a chest under a Green Lantern display so I can't really get to it without moving a ton of GL merch. Otherwise I would have gotten rid of all of it years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                                I remember seeing a lot of cool NECA stuff at horror conventions and either passing on it because that wasn't my collecting focus or because I didn't have the money, but now those pieces are OOP easily five times more online.
                                Yeah I think I've seen my "Ghost of Bob" version of Michael Myers go for around 300 bucks. I used to have the ultra rare Rob Zombie H2 action figures, but those burned in a fire.
                                http://cropsycrypt.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X