No announcement yet.

I also try customizing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly, I want to use DC Direct for my custom, but I thought that the 1st appearence Iron Man would be great for this...

I'm ok with the result, I tried a thousand times "the eyes" but it was impossible to do something decent. So that's the result.

The next customs I'm working are DC Direct based
    Take a look at my customs

http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...read.php?t=939

Comment

I just wanted to let you know my man, I just snagged me a FFThing figure, and I am borrowing your Hannu idea.

It is a perfect recipe.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Comment

Well isn't that some shit!

Comment

Update 02/18/08

Evil Star

The body and the cape are from the Hourman robot, the head comes from The Midnighter. The "dracula collar" comes from some old Spawn figure, because the way it looked in some ES appearences in the Guy Gardner Warrior series were pretty cool. Used apoxy sculpt for the star mask and the star band

Graf Toren

Ok, another Lost Lantern. I used the same formula as others did: Alexander Luthor figure with dremelled hair and a repaint. The vest comes from some wrestler figure that I only bought for this custom.

Medphyll

This was an easy one. Sinestro GLSeries 2 with a reesculpted head and some plastic plants. I'm thinking about modifying his feet.

Jack T. Chance

Finally my Chance custom. First of all, I must apologize because the picture doesn't do this custom any justice. I should take another one with a better cammera.

I did it with a DC Direct John Constantine. I dremelled his hair and sculpted a vest. The bolo tie was done with a skull that came from some Spawn figure and the dices come from some earring that I only bought for this. The hair comes from some black wrestler figure. I'll keep doing the whole Lost Lantern group, here's a picture of the first three of them

Next week a new update on my works.
          Gonza2814
          Green Lantern
          Last edited by Gonza2814; 02-04-2009, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Very cool Gonza, I like em all, especially Evil Star.

One quick note tho: the left elbow joint on Graf aka Alex Luthor looks like its about ready to break...is that how the toy came? If so, thats pretty cheap.
            sigpic
            Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick_GL View Post
              One quick note tho: the left elbow joint on Graf aka Alex Luthor looks like its about ready to break...is that how the toy came? If so, thats pretty cheap.
              Exactly, I bought it and came like this, I tried to fix it, but that's the best thing I could do... However the joint works great.

I appreciate that you liked Evil Star. Thanks for your comments

Comment

UPDATE 02/22/08

UPDATE 02/22/08

Kyle Rayner Ion Second Costume

Body is from a DC Direct Apollo and the head is from a JLA Kyle Rayner. I used Apoxie sculpt for the belt and those weird "gloves".

Painting it was really hard. The black zone and the starry effect, made with a teeth brush with a bit of white paint, was very easy. The problem was the green part and being precise. It was hard, but I hope you like it and add some comments here!

I'm working on a Kylax custom and a Kyle with the new costume (God only knows for how long). Meanwhile, you can see Kyle's evolution HERE
                Gonza2814
                Green Lantern
                Last edited by Gonza2814; 02-23-2008, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Very Nice!! You got some skills brother!!

Talon

LOD

Comment

Laira

I had this idea for Laira since a long time ago, but Lars also came up with the same idea and did it first. Anyway, the recipe is very easy. Tomorrow Woman body, dremelled all the details and then added Jenny Sparks' ponytail. I sculpted the bracelet in the right arm , the ring and the knee pads. Then a simple repaint and a GL logo that I've printed. Voilà.

Lyssa Drak

The keeper of the Book of Parallax was made with a Purgatori figure from the Lady Death series (I bought the whole lot in a flea market for only €6!!!). I cut off the demon wings and the horns, with apoxy sculpt modified the costume and added the bracelet.

The small chain came from some old and cheap earrings my mother had. The book is a Bible that came with a Ned Flanders figure with some touches with apoxy sculpt. The cape came from the Lady Death figure.

I hope you like it. And for all of you...

Comment

I DO like it, I like it a lot!! Great choice for her base Gonza, she came out very well!
                      Thanks again for the ass shot!
                      You're doing good things there buddy, keep it up!

Talon

LOD

Comment

What kind of paint are you using?

Comment

That Lyssa Drak is hawt. I might borrow the idea for Laira, but make her Red.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
                            That Lyssa Drak is hawt. I might borrow the idea for Laira, but make her Red.
                            and slutty???

Comment

lol, yes and very slutty. A hot, slutty, vampiric, seuctive, blue, alien. Totally hawt!

Comment

Originally posted by MrBungleGL View Post
                                What kind of paint are you using?
                                I use Vallejo acrylic paint, it is a Spanish brand.

I made Laira as a Gl, because I want to have all the Lost Lanterns. The only Red Lantern I will do is Atrocitus, but we didn't see him with the costume
                                Gonza2814
                                Green Lantern
                                Last edited by Gonza2814; 04-12-2008, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X