The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Action Figures & Toys > Custom Figures
FLASHCHAT

Old 10-12-2007, 12:34 PM   #1
Gonza2814
Green Lantern

Default Gonza's customs UPDATE 12/26/09

Hannu

Looking at some fine work here, I've finally decided to begin this hobby. My first custom, in order to do something easy is inspired on MrBungleGL's Hannu.

I picked up the Thing figure from the movie (because it was cheap and this was just the first attempt). I destroyed the lever that he had on his shoulder, resculpted the boots (because i didn't like the ones he had) and created a better belt. I used Apoxie Sculpt to do so and a small circle for the ring. Then it was a matter of repainting it and working with some dry brushing technique for the stone body. Painting his eyes was the most difficult task. But hey, it was my first time!

I really liked this. I have a lot of ideas for my next customs and some figures waiting to be transformed. I only have to get a dremmel.

Hope you liked it as well.

Last edited by Gonza2814; 12-26-2009 at 10:45 AM. Reason: uPDATE
Gonza2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 01:09 PM   #2
GLC2814.4

Wow that one looks great! Hope to see more of your customs, that looks like an impressive first attempt.

Keep up the good shit!

Vote: 3 's and 1/2 a crabmask!
Old 10-13-2007, 03:00 AM   #3
Grundy
Green Lantern

good work looks great I may have to try one of these myself
Old 10-13-2007, 04:06 AM   #4
GLJIMT

awesome work Gonza

I like the Corps in the back ground of the pic

We are the CORPS -
Old 10-13-2007, 11:06 PM   #5
Gonza2814
Green Lantern

I've got a dremmel now. It's harder than I thought working with it. I only used it for 10 minutes and I have to repair several parts that I didn't even want to touch!!

I guess it's a matter of gaining experience. You'll see soon my new custom (I hope)

http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...read.php?t=939
Old 10-14-2007, 04:24 AM   #6
GLJIMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonza2814 View Post
I've got a dremmel now. It's harder than I thought working with it. I only used it for 10 minutes and I have to repair several parts that I didn't even want to touch!!

I guess it's a matter of gaining experience. You'll see soon my new custom (I hope)
There are a million bits out there you need to get the correct bit for your project
Old 10-15-2007, 08:09 AM   #7
Gonza2814
Green Lantern

Well, actually I've found some tutorials on customizing figures that are very helpful. Of course this is a matter or experience that you gain working on it.

But anyway, I have hope on this. My new custom will be great. You'll see it, I suppose next week. By the way, this time I'm making a villian...

Old 10-15-2007, 08:19 AM   #8
genesistorm

Great Hannu, Gonza!! Keep them coming, this is only the begining!
Old 11-17-2007, 01:28 PM   #9
Gonza2814
Green Lantern

Alexander Nero

I wanted the first version Nero, with the brown boots and the leather coat. He was made using a DC Direct Midnighter body with an Apollo head. I dremelled off some part of the legs, the spiked gloves and the belt. Used Apoxie Sculpt for some damaged parts and for the boots and the long hair and the ring of course. Then a repaint. Hope you like it. More customs coming soon

Last edited by Gonza2814; 02-18-2008 at 05:38 PM.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:25 PM   #10
TalonSoulbender

Nice, Very Nice!!

Talon

LOD
Old 11-19-2007, 05:29 PM   #11
MrBungleGL

Nice work. I've never used apoxy sculpt. I'm a super sculpy and super glue guy. Your paint jobs are great.

I might be wrong but it looks like you painted the eyes after you painted the face? A little tip would be to paint the eyes first. Two reason for this is it's hard to cover anything dark with white paint. It's also easier to paint around the eyes.

There are some great customizing sites out there. If you need tips I might have answers. Especially with a dremel. I use mine like crazy cause I like to get the entire custom from one figure.

As for the extra batteries. I'm making a mold of mine so I can do kasts of batteries for any customizers here who need them. Just let me know.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:42 PM   #12
Gonza2814
Green Lantern

Stel

I thought that the 1st appearence Iron Man would be great for this... I'm ok with the result, I tried a thousand times "the eyes" but it was impossible to do something decent. So that's the result.

Last edited by Gonza2814; 02-18-2008 at 05:41 PM.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:07 PM   #13
TalonSoulbender

Cool Stel buddy!! I'm still trying to figure out a recipe for him; as I only customize DCD figures.
Nice job!

Talon

LOD
Old 12-20-2007, 12:19 AM   #14
GLJIMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonSoulbender View Post
Cool Stel buddy!! I'm still trying to figure out a recipe for him; as I only customize DCD figures.
Nice job!

Talon

LOD
I would think a Manhunter might be a good base
Old 12-20-2007, 12:22 AM   #15
GLC2814.4

Great Stel! That looks like a Mark I Iron Man underneath all that awesome Green Lantern-ness, am I right?
Old 12-20-2007, 10:05 AM   #16
Gonza2814
Green Lantern

Exactly, I want to use DC Direct for my custom, but I thought that the 1st appearence Iron Man would be great for this...

I'm ok with the result, I tried a thousand times "the eyes" but it was impossible to do something decent. So that's the result.

The next customs I'm working are DC Direct based

Old 01-01-2008, 03:21 AM   #17
Darth_Ennis

I just wanted to let you know my man, I just snagged me a FFThing figure, and I am borrowing your Hannu idea.

It is a perfect recipe.

Thanks for the inspiration.
Old 01-01-2008, 12:31 PM   #18
MrBungleGL

Well isn't that some shit!
Old 02-18-2008, 05:54 PM   #19
Gonza2814
Green Lantern

Update 02/18/08

Evil Star

The body and the cape are from the Hourman robot, the head comes from The Midnighter. The "dracula collar" comes from some old Spawn figure, because the way it looked in some ES appearences in the Guy Gardner Warrior series were pretty cool. Used apoxy sculpt for the star mask and the star band

Graf Toren

Ok, another Lost Lantern. I used the same formula as others did: Alexander Luthor figure with dremelled hair and a repaint. The vest comes from some wrestler figure that I only bought for this custom.

Medphyll

This was an easy one. Sinestro GLSeries 2 with a reesculpted head and some plastic plants. I'm thinking about modifying his feet.

Jack T. Chance

Finally my Chance custom. First of all, I must apologize because the picture doesn't do this custom any justice. I should take another one with a better cammera.

I did it with a DC Direct John Constantine. I dremelled his hair and sculpted a vest. The bolo tie was done with a skull that came from some Spawn figure and the dices come from some earring that I only bought for this. The hair comes from some black wrestler figure. I'll keep doing the whole Lost Lantern group, here's a picture of the first three of them

Next week a new update on my works.

Last edited by Gonza2814; 02-04-2009 at 08:20 PM.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:27 PM   #20
Maverick_GL

Send a message via MSN to Maverick_GL

Very cool Gonza, I like em all, especially Evil Star.

One quick note tho: the left elbow joint on Graf aka Alex Luthor looks like its about ready to break...is that how the toy came? If so, thats pretty cheap.

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman
Maverick_GL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:02 PM   #21
Gonza2814
Green Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_GL View Post
One quick note tho: the left elbow joint on Graf aka Alex Luthor looks like its about ready to break...is that how the toy came? If so, thats pretty cheap.
Exactly, I bought it and came like this, I tried to fix it, but that's the best thing I could do... However the joint works great.

I appreciate that you liked Evil Star. Thanks for your comments
Old 02-22-2008, 05:19 PM   #22
Gonza2814
Green Lantern

Default UPDATE 02/22/08

UPDATE 02/22/08

Kyle Rayner Ion Second Costume

Body is from a DC Direct Apollo and the head is from a JLA Kyle Rayner. I used Apoxie sculpt for the belt and those weird "gloves".

Painting it was really hard. The black zone and the starry effect, made with a teeth brush with a bit of white paint, was very easy. The problem was the green part and being precise. It was hard, but I hope you like it and add some comments here!

I'm working on a Kylax custom and a Kyle with the new costume (God only knows for how long). Meanwhile, you can see Kyle's evolution HERE

Last edited by Gonza2814; 02-22-2008 at 11:50 PM.
Old 02-24-2008, 01:34 AM   #23
TalonSoulbender

Very Nice!! You got some skills brother!!

Talon

LOD
Old 04-11-2008, 12:54 PM   #24
Gonza2814
Green Lantern

Laira

I had this idea for Laira since a long time ago, but Lars also came up with the same idea and did it first. Anyway, the recipe is very easy. Tomorrow Woman body, dremelled all the details and then added Jenny Sparks' ponytail. I sculpted the bracelet in the right arm , the ring and the knee pads. Then a simple repaint and a GL logo that I've printed. Voilą.

Lyssa Drak

The keeper of the Book of Parallax was made with a Purgatori figure from the Lady Death series (I bought the whole lot in a flea market for only €6!!!). I cut off the demon wings and the horns, with apoxy sculpt modified the costume and added the bracelet.

The small chain came from some old and cheap earrings my mother had. The book is a Bible that came with a Ned Flanders figure with some touches with apoxy sculpt. The cape came from the Lady Death figure.

I hope you like it. And for all of you...

Old 04-11-2008, 05:56 PM   #25
TalonSoulbender

I DO like it, I like it a lot!! Great choice for her base Gonza, she came out very well!
Thanks again for the ass shot!
You're doing good things there buddy, keep it up!

Talon

LOD