Please change my name. Doom is dead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
    You can always ask Dave to meddle with you custom title or something, using the reason that, as you have a mustache and can make it flex for the ladies, he should by all rights do you a solid.
    I think we've all learned the dangers of asking Dave to meddle with that kind of stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
      I think we've all learned the dangers of asking Dave to meddle with that kind of stuff.
      wiser words have never been spoken.

OBEY THE DAVID [/END SOLUTE]

Comment

• Yo.

Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
        It's too bad I couldn't meet you while I was in New York. I'd like to know if you really talk like Yosemite Sam.
        only when I needs ta make a point, much like D. Chappelle talks like that gangster when he does the same.....

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
        Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tazer View Post
          Yo.

only when I needs ta make a point, much like D. Chappelle talks like that gangster when he does the same.....

Tazer
          This gangsta?

+ YouTube Video
          ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

• Yo.

no, more like E.G. Robinson, or Mel Blancs "Rocky" (jump to the 6:00 mark):

+ YouTube Video
            ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Tazer

Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Very few comedians can actually make me laugh. It takes a special amount of sass and attitude to give me a good belly laugh. Dave Chappelle is definitely one of them.

When I saw the following back when it was first on the air, I must have cried I was laughing so much:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exNWAvlNYdM

Comment

• Yo.

tbch, Im still surprised he got 3 seasons based on the shit he joked about, *that* being 1 of'em......

Tazer

Comment

• Things are better in Slow Motion, Rick James, Prince and Mudd Butt are my favorite skits. Chappelle could have been one of the greatest comedians of all time, but inexplicably lost his mind when they paid him a crap-load of money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
                    Things are better in Slow Motion, Rick James, Prince and Mudd Butt are my favorite skits. Chappelle could have been one of the greatest comedians of all time, but inexplicably lost his mind when they paid him a crap-load of money.
                    Yeah, I remember that, sort of....didn't he totally jump ship and wind up in Africa or Asia or something? I remember it was another continent altogether.

Something to wiki later on tonight.

For the record, though, he was amazing. Like I said before, one of the few comedians who actually can make me laugh.

Comment

• Comment

• He was in the early stages or so of Season 3 when the pressure of doing racist humor got to him and he got on a plane and went to Africa, apparently only letting one other guy on set know (Neil, his producer or something).

That's what I was given as the story when Season 3 was actually released on Comedy Central, hosted by Charlie Murphy and Ashy Larry. Of course, being that Dave left early on, they only aired two episodes' worth of skits before putting those and some other moderate offerings or so on DVD as "The Lost Episodes."

Allegedly, it was because Dave thought he was making racism worse by using it as a vehicle for humor and couldn't do it anymore. Even Paul Mooney gave up on racist humor, and he was a guest on the show repeatedly.
                        Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Best skits ever were the Wayne Brady one, Prince, and Rick James.

The Prince one is my absolute favorite though. Charlie Murphy is so goddamn hilarious in it as he eats his humble pie after the game. "Challenge him! I DARE you!"

Comment

• Yo.

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                            He was in the early stages or so of Season 3 when the pressure of doing racist humor got to him and he got on a plane and went to Africa, apparently only letting one other guy on set know (Neil, his producer or something).

That's what I was given as the story when Season 3 was actually released on Comedy Central, hosted by Charlie Murphy and Ashy Larry. Of course, being that Dave left early on, they only aired two episodes' worth of skits before putting those and some other moderate offerings or so on DVD as "The Lost Episodes."

Allegedly, it was because Dave thought he was making racism worse by using it as a vehicle for humor and couldn't do it anymore. Even Paul Mooney gave up on racist humor, and he was a guest on the show repeatedly.
                            he'd also had a falling out w/that guy Neal, who was somebody who'd worked with for a long time:

+ YouTube Video

hes the 1 who gets the burger to the face, and thats the same dude sitting on the set who tells Murphy & Rawlings that Dave isnt coming back to host S3.

Tazer

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
                              The Prince one is my absolute favorite though. Charlie Murphy is so goddamn hilarious in it as he eats his humble pie after the game. "Challenge him! I DARE you!"
                              Charlie: ...and afterwards he fixed us Pancakes.
                              Prince: *slaps pancakes on the plate* ...Bitches.

Too funny!

Comment

• "I gotta admit, it was a good game."

"I wish I could say the same for you and your crew of flunkies"

"Assemble your crew. I'll be outside."

"Good hussle." "Yo man, I'm NOT on your team!"

Comment

Working...
                                X