No announcement yet.

2013 SDCC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone interested in perhaps sharing a room at all? I'm looking to go this year if at all possible but trying to come up with options to save some money.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

I can broach it with the roomies. There will be three of us going and we are looking to try and get back to the Town and Country. If we do the early bird for it I belive it comes out to about 320 or so per person. We would check in on 7/16 and check out on 7/22. If you have no qualms with pot smoke, cig smoke, or having to share a bed with a gay dude it could be a plan.
      I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

thanks for the offer a-train, but would have to decline on that. Sharing a bed with anyone for that amount of time that I wouldn't be having sex with would put me out.

I'm down for throwing in on the smoke though, if I end up staying there

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

Party at A-Trains!

Seriously though, how much of a pain in the ass is it to get out to Town and Country?

Comment

It's not bad at all plas. It's the main hub for people to pick up con tickets and the shuttle does stop there. JV even if you don't stay with us you are more than welcome to come join in the greenery.

Plas I have thought about asking you guys to come through for a "hotel party" LOL
            I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

You should!!
              I'd go!

I've no idea what I'm doing for crash space yet, as I'm not sure who all else is coming with me. Part of me wants to hit up this Town and Country thing just for the insurance of knowing I'll have somewhere to sleep. But then...the other part of me is like: NOOOO. WALKING DISTANCE! Of course for me "walking distance" is anything around the mile mark.

Been also thinking about renting an apartment for the weekend...

Comment

The Walking Dead Escape is back for Sdcc 2013.

http://www.thewalkingdeadescape.com/sandiego.html

" He who does not punish evil commands it to be done."-Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post

Plas I have thought about asking you guys to come through for a "hotel party" LOL

MAKE IT HAPPEN! Ciroc on deck!

Comment

HOLLA!! Alrighty then GLCMB Hotel Party at the Town & Country. I will settle on a date once we know when everyone we will be in San Diego. I plan on flying in on 7/16

Comment

2013 online badge registration is Saturday, February 16 at 12 PM ET / 9 AM PT.

I've emailed them and asked if we can try and upgrade the badge we purchased during the pre-sale. For example in my case I didn't get pre-view night. I want to try again and get preview night, but I don't loss my 4day badge. I'll post an answer if I get one.

Comment

Last I checked, you can try to upgrade your badge, but beware. If you purchase a badge, the previous badge will be cancelled and the payment automatically refunded. This means if you currently have a 4-day badge and you buy a pass for Thursday (using the same member ID), your 4-day will be cancelled.

Comment

I got a reply from CCGI:

If you currently have a 4-day badge without
                          preview night, you will be able to try and purchase a 4-day with
                          preview night. Your previous badge purchase will automatically be
                          refunded.

Yup you are right Sylent. If you go and purchase a new badge you are giving up old badge BEWARE!

Comment

Originally posted by Al- View Post
                            I got a reply from CCGI:

If you currently have a 4-day badge without
                            preview night, you will be able to try and purchase a 4-day with
                            preview night. Your previous badge purchase will automatically be
                            refunded.

Yup you are right Sylent. If you go and purchase a new badge you are giving up old badge BEWARE!
                            I may not try for a preview night badge, as I didn't get much done on that night. Some of the Booths didn't have the exclusives available for purchase and not much cosplayers walking around.
                            You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Hmmm. Wonder if it's worth it to try and update my four individual day badges for a single 4-Day badge.

Comment

^Only if it includes Preview night.

I'm on the fence about attempting to upgrade my individual four badges. I really don't want to spend (or waste) another 2+ hours only for them to run out of passes or have my computer time out on me again. That was infuriating. Attempting to get a 4-day with Preview Night will be a game time decision.

Preview Night last year for me was fun. While I'm not an exclusive hound or scalper looking to buy and sell toys, I got to check out a few of the booths, got some cool swag and wandered around the convention floor to take photos.

Comment

Working...
                                X