No announcement yet.

Redesigning Superman CHALLENGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh god, I forgot about this. I'll get onto it soon....I hope.
    Originally posted by IonFan
    (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
    Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
    If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
    Originally posted by Quaker
    I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Okay, I realized I never posted how to go about entering a redesign/concept. Post your redesign with a brief description of why you went the route you did, as well as a power upgrade to go along with the suit since it seemed as though that was what Geoff and JRJr were building up to.

The Design: I called this one shortly after sketching it out 'Superior Superman'. I started thinking about a no-nonsense Superman who might possibly forget about his Clark Kent side for awhile and be a bit more of a pro-active badass. As for the costume itself I asked myself what his current New52 suit was lacking. Aside from the red underwear on the outside, he was missing his gold S shield on his red cape that also shows up on the backs of Superboy's leather jackets from time to time. So I decided to make the S itself actually gold and not just whatever yellow is in the color palette and on a red shirt to make it stand out from the usual blue tops Superman wears. I went super simplistic with the details and didn't want to add a ton of seam lines or armor. Just black pants with black leathery boots with a little detail around the tops. The S would be raised similar to Superman's New52 suit, and his sleeves would be a little longer and kinda go over the tops of his hands cause face it... sometimes long sleeves just do that. I figure if he's gonna get his hands dirty he can roll them up if he wants to go all farm boy on something.

The Added Power: Invulnerability Transfer - Think of it like this, instead of cowering behind Superman as he protects you from bullets or energy blasts or a building falling down on top of you... what if he just held your hand and gave you his invulnerability while in contact? What if a building was falling apart and Superman used this power to strengthen the building long enough for civilians to get clear? Loosely inspired by the added bio electric shield Superman used at the beginning of All Star Superman.

~KL~

Comment

Just a few more days left guys, I'm debating if an art challenge a month would actually be worth it with this small amount of interest and actual entries.

~KL~

Comment

Hmm, I'll try and get mine up soon dude.
          If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.

Comment

Ok, here's my Superman redesign:

I tried to stick as close to the original suit as possible, all I've really done is modernise it a little. I did his hair like Henry Cavil and replaced the red trunks and yellow belt with a yellow and red belt similar to the one in Smalville Season 11. I think this design is nice and basic, isn't too complicated and won't look dated in ten years time, it should hopefully make the fans of old and new comics happy. As for the extra power, I decided to skip that, just leave him be.

Comment

I'll give it a go tomorrow !

Comment

that black/red/gold design it's awesome

\m/,
                Bring on CHAOS, bring on MY HAPPINESS, bring on rage ..Rage ..RAGE!!!

facebook: d3v1lb0y888 ...twitter: d3v1lb0y_8 ..instagram: d3v1lb0y

Comment

She blinded me with SCIENCE!

Comment

Nice, would love to see the legs and stuff too!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheGoatLantern View Post
                      It's not bad. It's not Bad at all. I still say stick with the classic,but there are change of pace things I like about this. I like the Cuffs,and the off center Belt symbol could be cool.
                      Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

Working...
                      X