• Show
Clear All

• Prepare yourself:

Comment

• *crosses fingers the hooker is either Lady Gaga or Nikki Minaj*

Comment

• What is this EU thing anyway guys?
        Originally posted by IonFan
        (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
        Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
        If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
        Originally posted by Quaker
        I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

• Extended Universe. Stuff that happens outside of the movies, such as the Star Wars novels that further fleshed out stuff the movie didn't cover.

Comment

• Yo.

Originally posted by Scythe View Post
            *crosses fingers the hooker is either Lady Gaga or Nikki Minaj*
            now THATS a video Id be eager to watch.........

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
            Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
              I'm saddened Lucas completely shit on the EU like that. No one would care about those books if he didn't initially sign off on them and now he's turning his back on them because he knows that whoever directs the next movie won't give two fucks about them.

There's no reason why the next Star Wars films have to deal with ANY Skywalker or Solo family member. The universe is just that, an entire universe. This is a chance to be completely original and not "be a slave" to previous films. You can set the movies a year after RotJ and still be amazing without Luke, Leia and Han. People showed up to see the prequels, they'll show up to see "spin off" tales.

Technically, it's just a galaxy they have to play with, not a universe. But, your point is correct- the Skywalkers and Solos are not the end all-be all of the Star Wars galaxy.

Comment

• Originally posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
                Technically, it's just a galaxy they have to play with, not a universe. But, your point is correct- the Skywalkers and Solos are not the end all-be all of the Star Wars galaxy.
                They're not, but depending on WHEN you set the movie they're kind of necessary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                  They're not, but depending on WHEN you set the movie they're kind of necessary.

See, now this is one instance where I would recommend the Extended Universe, a part of Star Wars which I hate with a passion (and gave Boba Fett fans too much service). I know that there are countless other stories and characters to draw on to make exhilarating stories, and I think/thought it would have worked for a seventh film. Alas...

Comment

• Originally posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
                    See, now this is one instance where I would recommend the Extended Universe, a part of Star Wars which I hate with a passion (and gave Boba Fett fans too much service). I know that there are countless other stories and characters to draw on to make exhilarating stories, and I think/thought it would have worked for a seventh film. Alas...
                    Well I mean sure there are plenty of good stories in the EU that don't involve the Skywalker or Solo clans...but when it comes down to it do you really think a new trilogy based around someone like Corran Horn or Kyle Katarn or is gunna fly? Do you think Disney is going to take that risk? It really does depend on when you set the movie...if it's far far into the future, well then maybe you can make it work...if its pretty close after ROTJ...well you're gunna need to recast Luke, Leia, and Han then.

Obviously if you're going with a pre-Episode I route than you're going to have to find a way to make it work sans Skywalkers/Solos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                      Well I mean sure there are plenty of good stories in the EU that don't involve the Skywalker or Solo clans...but when it comes down to it do you really think a new trilogy based around someone like Corran Horn or Kyle Katarn or is gunna fly? Do you think Disney is going to take that risk? It really does depend on when you set the movie...if it's far far into the future, well then maybe you can make it work...if its pretty close after ROTJ...well you're gunna need to recast Luke, Leia, and Han then.

Obviously if you're going with a pre-Episode I route than you're going to have to find a way to make it work sans Skywalkers/Solos.

Maybe not, but then again who gave a fuck about some galactic farm boy named Luke Skywalker until he blew up the Death Star?

Comment

• Ah, Extended Universe.

Personaly, I think the EU should be cast out, it would be too difficult for people to understand apart from geeks like you and me. Besides, this is a great chance to be creative with the franchise. Personaly I'd love to see force unleashed adapted into a film, but that's just me, and it's just a game.
                        Originally posted by IonFan
                        (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
                        Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
                        If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
                        Originally posted by Quaker
                        I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Castle View Post
                          Its true its against the law, but I'm not sure what percent you're allowed to own before it becomes an issue, I know MS got in shit a few years back for it, but surely MS percent of the PC market is overwhelmingly in their favour, with only one rival in Mac.

Maybe that's Disney next target

Although that rumour about MS buying EA just never seems to go away, so I don't know.

Robinson yeah I know Disney has helped finance some good movies, and some shit ones, that aint my point, I don't think its good for any industry when one company owns so much.

I personally cant wait to see the movie where everyone is in the same universe, Marvel vs DC vs Star Wars vs Nintendo vs Disney, biggest box office hit ever, make it happen Disney.
                          Originally posted by Mrt1000son View Post
                          Wouldn't that be a monopoly? Isn't Disney treading very close to being one already?
                          Well, I make no claims to know this for sure, but I remember when the Microsoft decision came down and some ways it fit with the anti-trust laws that busted up Standard Oil. My understanding is that it has nothing to do with percentage of market (maybe it would be good if it did, but maybe that would interfere with free trade) but with cornering the market. The argument against Microsoft wasn't that they had such a lead in the market but that if you owned a PC (made by all kinds of non-Microsoft companies) you basically had no choice but to use Windows due to software and hardware compatibility.

So, Disney could make 99% of movies that come out and they still wouldn't be a monopoly. But, if they, say bought every multiplex and allowed only Disney films to be shown or bought every DVD maker and allowed only Disney to be produced in second market, then they'd be a monopoly.

Originally posted by W.West View Post
                          I'm saddened Lucas completely shit on the EU like that. No one would care about those books if he didn't initially sign off on them and now he's turning his back on them because he knows that whoever directs the next movie won't give two fucks about them.

There's no reason why the next Star Wars films have to deal with ANY Skywalker or Solo family member. The universe is just that, an entire universe. This is a chance to be completely original and not "be a slave" to previous films. You can set the movies a year after RotJ and still be amazing without Luke, Leia and Han. People showed up to see the prequels, they'll show up to see "spin off" tales.
                          True. No matter what, EU won't be reconciled with canon films now. Even if they adapted Zahn or whatever (and they've basically said they're not), the changes alone would mean the books aren't the official version. But a completely different story? The only way it could fit in and not contradict the EU would be by making a lot of references most of the audience wouldn't get.

Comment

• Yo.

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/osc...disney-charity

George Lucas to Donate Most of His $4 Billion Star Wars Payout to Charity

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                            Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Haha, can't donate stock options.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
                                Haha, can't donate stock options.
                                I'm pretty sure you can, but I doubt that's what he means anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X