X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miracle on 34th Street (1947)

"You know what the imagination is?
    -Oh, sure. That's when you see things, but they're not really there.
    Well, that can be caused by other things, too."

Traditional start (on Thanksgiving Day) of Christmas-movie watching season for the family and me.

High Moon [aka Howlers] (2019)

"This is not place for a woman?! Really?"

My full-moon picture. A group of outlaw cowboy werwolves return to modern time and become a biker gang, but their hunter is also resurrected.

A Christmas Carol (1984)

"It may well be that, in the sight of Heaven, you are more worthless and less fit to live than millions like this poor man's child."
    Space Cop
    The Dandy
    Last edited by Space Cop; 12-19-2020, 02:36 PM.

Comment

• Not a film but finished the new season of Wentworth. If anyone likes oitnb this is a Australian version and imo better. Its more grounded and drama based. This makes 8 seasons total. Its on netflix i really recommend it. Unlike oitnb you care about the characters
      .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Swimming Pool (2003)

"It's tiring to kill a man."

The Last Full Measure (2020)

"Justice delayed is justice denied."

Real-life story of a Medal of Honor that was denied for decades to Vietnam vet air medic who died saving others.

Mad Max (1979)

"I suppose you don't need a sense of humor with a pretty face. The only trouble is though, Missy, if you should lose the face."

R.I.P. Byrne.

Maybe Next Year (2019)

"The national perception of Philadelphia sports fans is that they are lunatics."

A documentary about obsessive Eagles fans that happened to be filmed during the year they won the Super Bowl. I don't like football at all but I Prime rented this for my stepdad's birthday and found it pretty interesting.

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
        Not a film but season 2 episode 1 of The mandalorian. Im grining with joy
        Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
        Not a film but finished the new season of Wentworth. If anyone likes oitnb this is a Australian version and imo better. Its more grounded and drama based. This makes 8 seasons total. Its on netflix i really recommend it. Unlike oitnb you care about the characters
        Yep, not movies.
        Space Cop
        The Dandy
        Last edited by Space Cop; 01-01-2021, 02:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
          Maybe Next Year (2019)

"The national perception of Philadelphia sports fans is that they are lunatics."

A documentary about obsessive Eagles fans that happened to be filmed during the year they won the Super Bowl. I don't like football at all but I Prime rented this for my stepdad's birthday and found it pretty interesting.
          Yea im not big on sports other than boxing and mma but it amazes me how people get so riled up to where they trash the other states the team is from. I laugh when my uncles loose there shit every superbowl
          .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Rocky IV (1985)

"What's happening out there?
            -He's winning... I see three of him out there!
            Hit the one in the middle."

[Rifftrax:] Feeders 2 (1998/2019)

"This movie spends more time in the basement than the New York Jets."

The Christmas Chronicles 2 (2020)

"That's not official."

The Bells of St. Mary (1945)

"I can see you don't know what it means to be up to your neck in nuns."

75th anniversary.
            Space Cop
            The Dandy
            Last edited by Space Cop; 01-01-2021, 02:17 PM.

Comment

• Damn, now I want to watch Bells again; was such a good film (even though Bing withholding the real reason for transferring the one nun made him a total douche).
              Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Dead Presidents (1995)

"No bad habits, ma. Except for a little killing."

[Rifftrax:] Magic Christmas Tree (1964/2011)

"Power for an hour.
                -You know that there are increments higher than one hour?!"

Christmas in Connecticut (1945)

"Everything is hunky-dunky!"

Popeye (1980)

"I found him in Sweethaven, that's why he is me Swee'Pea. I am calling him Swee'Pea and that is his name. Ain't that the truth?
                -Swee'Pea is the worst name I've ever heard on a baby.
                Well what do you wants me to call him? Baby Oyl?"

40th anniversary.

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                Damn, now I want to watch Bells again; was such a good film (even though Bing withholding the real reason for transferring the one nun made him a total douche).
                Well, he does make up for it and he was ordered to do that by a doctor.
                Space Cop
                The Dandy
                Last edited by Space Cop; 01-01-2021, 02:15 PM.

Comment

• I remember he confessed right before the credits rolled, but didn't recall the doctor telling him to withhold the info (which is still dumb and creates unnecessary drama I feel, but that's how the film plays it and I'm partly inclined to say it's an of-the-era move).

Either way, I should rewatch it soon.

Comment

• Raising Cain (1992)

"Oh, listen, my father wrote the book on child development. Unfortunately, it's in Norwegian!"

The Young Savages (1961)

"Don't con me Mr. Bell. Bell! Your name's Bellini."

Runaway (1984)

"Congratulations, guys, you just staked out a roll of toilet paper."

House of Dracula (1945)

"Can man sit in judgment over life and death?
                    -The evil he creates, he can also destroy."

75 today.
                    Space Cop
                    The Dandy
                    Last edited by Space Cop; 01-01-2021, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• That film needed a rewrite, because it is seriously lacking compared to House of Frankenstein.

Comment

• Knockaround Guys (2001)

"In the old days ya could just wack a guy and be done with it. Now everyone's feelings are involved."

Krampus (2015)

"We should have gone to stay with my brother!"

An American Christmas Carol (1979)

"When the day of quality ends in this country, we'll all be in great trouble indeed."

Godzilla vs. Destorayah (1995)

"All that stupid use of nuclear energy."

25th anniversary.

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                        That film needed a rewrite, because it is seriously lacking compared to House of Frankenstein.
                        Yeah. I still like it, but I'm mixed on the it's-all-scientific/medical approach.
                        Space Cop
                        The Dandy
                        Last edited by Space Cop; 01-01-2021, 02:09 PM.

Comment

• Things to Come (1936)

"Dead, and his world dead with him."

World War II breaks out on Christmas three years early, and drags on for next three full decades. Mankind is brought to severe ruin and eventually scientifically-minded men reestablish order and progress, only to be threatened a century later with more small-minded fears.

My dad found this on the IMDB channel-app-thing, in color and actually rather fascinating. I did feel it dragged on at one point, namely when the Chief died and they started the progress montage is where I thought it would end, but it went on for the last portion and thankfully ended there because otherwise it would have been drawn out.

Comment

• [Riffrax Live:] Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (1964/2014)

"Is this Mars or my grandma's basement."

Elves (1989)

"Is everything all right?
                            -No, Willy, Gramps is a Nazi."

This is absolutely my favorite Christmas movie about incestuous neo-Nazis attempting to create a world-dominating race of mutant elves only to be opposed by an ex-detective store Santa. Free on Youtube (also reviewed on RLM's Best of the Worst). This is at least the 3rd time I've watched it and I would definitely buy a blu ray if it came out (or even a DVD). I may need help.

Queen of the Damned (2002)

"How did you manage to slip through the 50's in red velvet?"

Whenever I read one of Rice's Vampire Chronicles (as I am now with Merrick), I always want to re-watch the movies. Thought I'd start with the much weaker film this time. There's actually a lot of good bits here (Aaliyah as Akasha) and nice nods for fans who know the books (like Meharet's eyes bleeding or David being offered the Dark Gift), but it just fails overall. Speaking of which . . .

Interview with the Vampire (1994)

"Just remember, Louis, without me life would be even more unbearable."
                            Space Cop
                            The Dandy
                            Last edited by Space Cop; 12-24-2020, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                              Things to Come (1936)

"Dead, and his world dead with him."

World War II breaks out on Christmas three years early, and drags on for next three full decades. Mankind is brought to severe ruin and eventually scientifically-minded men reestablish order and progress, only to be threatened a century later with more small-minded fears.

My dad found this on the IMDB channel-app-thing, in color and actually rather fascinating. I did feel it dragged on at one point, namely when the Chief died and they started the progress montage is where I thought it would end, but it went on for the last portion and thankfully ended there because otherwise it would have been drawn out.
                              The screenplay was by H.G. Wells. The movie is certainly interesting, and reflects the belief Wells held at the time that science would solve the world's problems. But the development of nuclear weapons just before his death plunged him into despair.

I highly recommend The Man Who Could Work Miracles. Wells wrote the screenplay for that too.

Comment

• Lethal Weapon (1988)

"Hey, that's no fair. The building guy lived."

I Am Vengeance (2017)

"It's not justice I'm after."

Ernest Saves Christmas (1988)

"I'm at one with the Yuletide, know what I mean?"

Yesterday (2019)

"A world without the Beatles is a world that's infinitely worse."

Really liked this.
                                Space Cop
                                The Dandy
                                Last edited by Space Cop; 12-24-2020, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X