Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I couldn't say, I haven't seen enough episodes to notice a particular recurring joke. I'll have to keep an ear open for it in the future, though.
    Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Dark Was The Night (2015)

I'll put the review in the Horror thread.

Comment

• [Rifftrax Live:] "Manos": The Hands of Fate (1966/2013)

"One of the worst movies ever made that's not a Transformers movie."

In Order of Disappearance (2014)

"Pain is just weakness leaving the body."

Excellent genre-hopping Norwegian revenge flick.

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
        I couldn't say, I haven't seen enough episodes to notice a particular recurring joke. I'll have to keep an ear open for it in the future, though.
        Oh, there's a bunch. They refer to key films often (Wizard of Oz, Citizen Kane, etc.). They do frequent callbacks ("watch out for snakes") and then they have running gags like "Golden Corral's new slogan" and "The Packers win the Super Bowl!".

Dark Was The Night (2015)

I'll put the review in the Horror thread.
        Yeah, I liked that movie ... more than you it sounds like.
        Space Cop
        The Dandy
        Last edited by Space Cop; 03-31-2021, 12:18 PM.

Comment

• I did like the film, and as I pointed out the only real issue I had was the twist at the end. I don't feel it was necessary but it doesn't outright ruin things, so I suppose viewers can have it either way and be happy.

Comment

• The House with a Clock in its Walls (2018)

"Madame, not everyone can appreciate the intricacies of a free-form jazz odyssey."

I Spit on Your Grave 3 (2015)

"Out there, it's all predators and prey. You're either one or the other."

I liked, but didn't love this one. It seemed bleak for the character, but I guess that relative for a revenge flick. Returns to the lady from the first remake (not the one from #2 that goes to Europe).

I did like the film, and as I pointed out the only real issue I had was the twist at the end. I don't feel it was necessary but it doesn't outright ruin things, so I suppose viewers can have it either way and be happy.
            Well that and the darkness, but I can't say I remember it being hard to see. I don't think I've seen it since it was new to disc, though. Maybe I just forget that aspect.
            Space Cop
            The Dandy
            Last edited by Space Cop; 04-04-2021, 03:20 AM.

Comment

• MST3K: Mitchell (1975)

"Uncle Fester!"

I wanted to see Joel's last episode and so settled on this forgotten gem. Admittedly it has some serious star power, with Balsam, Baker, Saxon and Evans all aboard.

I'm sure Space Cop will be glad I caught the "Watch out for snakes!" recurring joke.

I'm sure Space Cop will be disappointed I probably missed other recurring jokes.

One thing I really did appreciate was that Mike was able to trick Frank. Just goes to show Frank is a colossal buffoon, the Bobo of his time.

Okay, I also liked how Gypsy basically saved Joel's life (with Mike's help). Probably her biggest moment in the entire franchise's history.

Comment

• Godzilla (2014)

"In 1954, the first time that a nuclear submarine ever reached the lower depths, it awakened something."

Re-watching the Legendary monsterverse in prep for GvK this week.

Project: Metalbeast (1995)

"You stink of fear."

My full-moon picture this month. Cool concept that doesn't do as much as it could've, but was still worth a watch for a b movie. Basically, a secret military experiment combines a frozen mistake of a werewolf soldier with a new kind of metal skin. Available on Youtube (with the resolution you'd expect) because it has no official disc release.

MST3K: Mitchell (1975)...
                That is a good episode. And I like how there was a bit of continuity on the Satellite story.
                Space Cop
                The Dandy
                Last edited by Space Cop; 04-04-2021, 03:20 AM.

Comment

• I still need to watch Brandon Tenold's review of that. I remember seeing the VHS at Blockbuster as a kid and wanting to see it so bad. Film overall isn't terrible (I mean, it's exactly what anyone would expect from a plot of that description). Guilty pleasure of mine.

Comment

• Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019)

"Long live the king."

Kong: Skull Island (2017)

"Hold on to your butts."

I still need to watch Brandon Tenold's review of that. I remember seeing the VHS at Blockbuster as a kid and wanting to see it so bad. Film overall isn't terrible (I mean, it's exactly what anyone would expect from a plot of that description). Guilty pleasure of mine.
                    Yeah, pretty much. There's so much potential with armor-skinned werewolves, but it could've been a lot worse.
                    And Brandon's review was the reason I picked it for this month's werewolf pick (I wrote it on the calendar to look up as I was watching it a couple weeks ago).
                    Space Cop
                    The Dandy
                    Last edited by Space Cop; 03-31-2021, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• The Lady Vanishes (1938)

"A million Mexicans drink it. That's what the box says, anyway."

An old woman disappears aboard a train, and the only one who seems to remember her is the young woman insisting she's real.

Saw Dark Corners' review on this and since my dad has Prime I figured why not watch a rare Hitchcock flick. Pretty damn good overall and I'm once more in the mood for old cinema again. Gonna have to watch Three Billboards tomorrow so I can multitask and get a few things done before mailing it back to Netflix Monday and getting through more of my backlog.

Comment

• Godzilla vs. Kong (2021)

"You mean I gotta die with you sober?"

My first movie in theaters since December of 2019. Went with the folks. We all enjoyed it (for a fake Godzilla movie--i.e. not Japanese, not tokusatsu). And, yes, this time they do fight in the light.

Pride and Glory (2008)

"Have a few nips this evening, pop?
                        -I had a glass of scotch, officer.
                        Just one, huh?
                        -I used that same glass, yeah."

Dark but decent movie about cops who get killed in a shooting because of other cops' dirty work. Stars Edward Norton, Colin Farrell, and Jon Voight. The procedural aspect isn't so much the focus (you know the baddies probably 20 minutes in or so and pretty much the whole story by halfway) as the conspiracy and the moral dilemmas.

The Lady Vanishes (1938) . . .
                        Saw Dark Corners' review on this and since my dad has Prime I figured why not watch a rare Hitchcock flick . . .
                        I'm on their bottom-tier ($1 a month) Patreon and this whole year Robin has been doing more in-depth discussions (about 30 minutes each, no production added) on one Hitchcock movie a week. That was last week's in prep for their streaming review (a series itself which has been a nice addition during lockdown).
                        Space Cop
                        The Dandy
                        Last edited by Space Cop; 04-04-2021, 03:18 AM.

Comment

• Silly 80's action fun, unintentional laughs and all.
                          The final fight is actually really good for 1981.
                          Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

• It's got Franco Nero and Sho Kosugi?! Shit, I'm gonna need to watch that.

Comment

• Because WWE Network ended and Peacock took over, I wanted to watch stuff that hasn't yet made it over to the latter and which I'm not confident will. That included some old Prime Time episodes and a few documentary movies.

Andre the Giant (2018)

"For those guys who thought they were tough in the business, Andre would straighten them out real quick."

Macho Man: The Randy Savage Story (2014)

"I think Randy Savage will be remembered because of the voice; because of the look; because of him being a consummate professional; and because as macho as you may want to be if you ever become a WWE superstar, you'll never be as macho as the original Macho Man. Oh, yeah."

It's got Franco Nero and Sho Kosugi?! Shit, I'm gonna need to watch that.
                              It's a fun flick. I even have a fondness for the non-sequel sequel(s).
                              Space Cop
                              The Dandy
                              Last edited by Space Cop; 04-10-2021, 01:08 PM.

Comment

• Fantastic follow up, though not a true sequel as has been noted.
                                This one has much more Ninja action and a slightly better plot.
                                Plus it's awesome to see Sho's son Kane kick ass at just 6yo.
                                Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

Working...
                                X