This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resident Evil: Damnation (2012)

Very disppointing compared to Degeneration. I didn't realize it was based off the game (4? 5?) with the pseudo-zombies and all the human characters were annoying. Oh, and Leon, active-duty soldiers do not sport 6" bangs.

Comment

Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2

The conclusion to the series, where Bella and Edward are endanged because of their newborn child is considered an abomination and a threat to the vampire race. Therefore they recruit others to help protect their family against the head order of the vampire society known as the Volturi.

This tween series boiled down to a brawl very similar to any super hero flick. In fact, I enjoyed the final battle more than the battle between Bane's army vs. Batman's police force.

3/5
      You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

+ YouTube Video
        ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

The Expendables 2- Leave your brain at the door fun. They could make 10 of these and I would watch all 10 with the same level of enthusiasm.

Why was Couture even in this? He only had like 3 lines... and it was weak sauce that Jet Li was only in the first 10 minutes.

Total Rekall- This was a nice action thrill ride, but couldn't hold a candle to the original. I was disappointed that this version had nothing to do with Mars.

Comment

Comment

Winner of THE INFAMOUS PEOPLE DRAFT 2011

Comment

anna karenina - Great direction....at the start. Then once the drama start to roll in the director just abandoned what made the movie special. Keira was okay, but her character was despicable and the only characters worth caring about were barely on screen.

Comment

Hitchcock - To my surprise it wasn't Anthony Hopkins as Hitchcock that was so great but Helen Mirren, who I often find to be extremely overrated, as the standout here. I've seen Psycho a few times but this movie definitely makes me want to watch it again. Its not a documentary like the book basically is, but this is really a romantic drama where Alma Reville is the star. One complaint is that they were far too vague with his relationship with Vera Miles. The hallway premiere scene near the end was easily the best. Terrific scene.

Comment

Comment

MIIII (Mission Impossible 3, 2006)

I had put off watching this because I didn't like #2, but with #4 now in my instant queue, I decided to watch. It was fun. Much better than #2 (imho), even though I figured out the "surprise" bad guy very early.

Comment

Ran (1985)

"In a mad world, only the mad are sane."

Also watched these again with their commentaries:

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                        Dirty Harry (1971)
                        (the next 3 have commentary too, so I guess I'll watch them.)

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                        The Virgin Spring (1960)

Learned that when Bergman, who later became known for his close-ups, first saw one (on a TV program) he was appalled and called it butchery of the actor. Also found out he all but disavowed this film (essentially joining the critics and fans who consider it a low point), even going so far as to call Max von Sydow's acting "near parody."
                        Space Cop
                        The Dandy
                        Last edited by Space Cop; 01-11-2013, 02:51 AM.

Comment

Lincoln - The next movie on my Oscar watch list. Unfortunately I picked the wrong time to go because I was very tired so I struggled to stay awake in the beginning. Some entertaining bits but nothing special. Daniel did an excellent job though, I won't be surprised if he wins. Whenever he raised his voice the scene was great. Oh, and I can't believe they got a Brit to play Ulysses Grant. lol

Comment

This was really really great. I love how the credits play out like a western from the 60’s or 70’s. Samuel L. Jackson was the stand out for me, while Waltz was great and I thought that DiCaprio was hamming it up a little (Foxx was serviceable). Also Quentin Tarantino proved why he doesn’t act anymore.
                            Mister.Weirdo
                            Guardian of the Universe
                            Last edited by Mister.Weirdo; 01-09-2013, 03:38 AM.

Comment

AND!!!!

Comment

Funny Face (1957)

"No, I'm not mad. I'm hurt, and disappointed, and . . . and mad."

I'm not really a fan of song and dance movies, but this is really famous and I'm in an Audrey Hepburn mood. Of course, she's great. The famous dance (where she wears black; seen on this poster) is here. The story was pretty formulaic for the genre (musical romantic comedy), but she was worth it.

Comment

Working...
                                X