No announcement yet.

TV Talk Season 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haven't seen Galavant, but it looks to be in almost the same vain as Once A Upon A Time, which appears to be a well received family friendly show.
    You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Galavant is only a four parter and more a spoof laced with non family friendly innuendo among other things
      I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

• Empire- The pilot was okay to start out with, but nothing much as happened to make me care about any of the characters, except for the gay son. Everyone else in the family are privileged, self-absorbed douchebags with very few redeeming qualities.

Guy Code- Seems a little more tame. Still fun, though.

Wild 'N Out- I've never heard of Chanel Iman. Very cute, though.

Eye Candy- I only watched a little of this, but Justice can't act.

Comment

• Lea Michele and Ariana Grande added to Fox's Scream Queens

I have now lost all my interest in this show

Comment

• i cant wait till tuesday because im psyched for flash to return and arrow wensday
            .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• skepical since the last film sucked

THE X-FILES MAY RETURN TO TELEVISION
              1.9k They will not move forward without creator Chris Carter.
              BY ROTH CORNETFOX is in early talks to bring back The X-Files. Dana Walden and Gary Newman, co-chairmen and CEOs of FOX Television Group revealed at today's TCA (Television Critics Association) press tour.

IGN was able to follow-up with Walden with a small group of reporters, to see how close they were to actually striking a deal.

"You know who we're dealing with, do you think I can elaborate???" Walden laughed, when asked if she could say a little more about where they are in the process.

Adding, "Gary and I both worked through the entire run of the X-Files. It was a great experience, we've maintained great relationships with creator Chris Carter, Gillian [Anderson], and David [Duchovny]. We're very hopeful. It's hard because they're actors who are very busy. Chris has a lot going on. So it's about finishing those conversations."

As to whether they'd produce the series without that team, Walden said that they absolutely "would not move forward without Chris."

FOX enjoyed success in bringing back 24 for a limited run, and is in talks to bring the series back for another small run. Additionally, the network has already given a pilot order to Minority Report and renewed Gotham, Walden notes that FOX - under the new co-chairmen's watch - has a focus on creating series based on existing properties that also function as events.

Both Newman and Walden also said that they'd love to bring back Prison Break if possible, but, despite previous reports, they haven't yet actively begun discussions on that series.

More to come on FOX's upcoming slate.

link

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/...-to-television
              .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Last night's Flash had what seemed like some science stupidity that made me groan. I don't have a problem with made-up comic book science, in general, but when it touches on REAL science and gets it wrong...that just makes me roll my eyes.

Like in that old Silver Age GL comic where they refer to "infra-yellow" light and say that it is "invisible yellow light, just as infra-red is invisible red light".

Well in last night's episode, they used the term "Absolute Hot" to represent the highest possible temperature, in contrast to the Absolute Zero that Captain Cold's cold gun creates.

Turns out, I was wrong. That really is a thing, as stupid as it sounds on its face. Doesn't explain how you could ever have a weapon that could survive such temperatures, or how anybody could survive even being NEAR such teperatures, but that is back in the realm of the usual comic book science.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                  Last night's Flash had what seemed like some science stupidity that made me groan. I don't have a problem with made-up comic book science, in general, but when it touches on REAL science and gets it wrong...that just makes me roll my eyes.
                  My issue is that the entire episode could have been summed up in 5 minutes. All Flash had to do was punch both of those guys (Captail Cold and Captain Hot, err Heatwave) in the face at super speed. Episode over. All of that ridiculous running around was for nothing!

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                  Like in that old Silver Age GL comic where they refer to "infra-yellow" light and say that it is "invisible yellow light, just as infra-red is invisible red light".
                  Silver Age Shark was supposed to have an invisible yellow shield surrounding him, so GL couldn't do any damage to him without grappling onto other objects. Even back then and as a kid, I thought that was stupid.

Hey, what happened to the Flash thread?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post

Hey, what happened to the Flash thread?
                    It's probably still there, but I didn't see it right away and I was too lazy to search.

As for Flash punching them in the face, isn't that kind something you have to overlook for Flash in general? It seems like MOST of the time Flash should be able to beat people that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                      As for Flash punching them in the face, isn't that kind something you have to overlook for Flash in general? It seems like MOST of the time Flash should be able to beat people that way.
                      A few of Flash's adversaries had some kind of ability or energy projection, so Flash couldn't really touch them, but Captain Cold and Heatwave are just humans with guns. Flash did all of that running around and up the sides of skyscrapers when two punches to the face could have taken those guys out... and why didn't the Police just shoot them? It's not like they were wearing armor.

Comment

• But you couldn't you say the same thing about those interactions in the comics? Same with Superman or anyone else with possesion of Super Speed when fighting "normal" villains.
                        I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

• Oh, of course. But, this episode would have made more sense if both Cold and Heatwave had Pressure switches in hand that would detonate the bomb underneath Caitlin... and they left her in a warehouse with nobody guarding her. LOL!

Comment

• Yeah I can see that too. While I enjoyed the episode it wasn't one of the best. I really did like the actors portrayls of the villains however.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
                              But you couldn't you say the same thing about those interactions in the comics? Same with Superman or anyone else with possesion of Super Speed when fighting "normal" villains.
                              Exactly. That's my point. I feel like you kind of have to let that sort of thing slide a bit or else it is hard to enjoy a lot of Flash stories.

Though I agree that, in this case, Captain Cold and Heat Wave were being REALLY stupid. Since they advertised to the whole city when and where they were going to appear, the police should have been able to have a sniper on a nearby building to take them down once they started wreaking havoc while strolling casually down the street. I didn't think of that while watching the show because I'm used to the regular police being relegated to picking up the bad guys the superhero has already defeated. It hardly ever occurs to me that they could actually do something useful while the superhero is around.

Comment

• Suits - Glad it's back! Love this show! It'll be interesting to see if Louis backs off Mike now that he's a co-conspirator per the Partnership Agreement that he signed.

Lakers vs. Bulls- That was some of the WORST offensive basketball that I've EVER seen. We ran better sets on the playground compared to what the Lakers were running. I'm shocked they managed to win that game.

NBA on TNT- Funny as always.

Comment

Working...
                                X