Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like they took everything wrong with Suicide Squad and cranked it up to a 10. And where's all the costumes?

Also, I bet Black Mask won't even become Black Mask until the very end of the movie.

Comment

Oh jeeze... Ewan McGregor: "It's a feminist film that explores misogyny."

http://dlvr.it/RFdc1m

Comment

Yo.

I finally watched the trailer for this, and while I am disappointed with this getting hit by the "DIVERSITY!!" -bat, I'm even more disappointed that: 1) this looks like (Hypo already stated) theyre "cramming the Birds of Prey into a Harley Quinn movie", and 2) Cassie Cain is *NOT* the deadliest thing under the age of 18 on the planet.....

*sighs* :/

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
        Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

With no Barbara and a Black Mask that bears no resemblance to Black Mask. And apparently none of them have their costumes.

Comment

Honestly the trailer was pretty bad. I'm okay with them using Harley Quinn, but if they wanted to make a Harley Quinn movie, they should have just made a Harley Quinn movie. Instead it looks like they're wasting Huntress and Black Canary in the process. Lets just say, I have my doubts about its quality.

Comment

New trailer:

+ YouTube Video
              ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Yeesh. And yikes. It looks like if you took Suicide Squad and Feminism and threw it in a blender and hit frappe.

Comment

I would feel a lot better about this if they hadn't kept the dumb face tattoos.

Comment

^Meh, I probably agree with both of you and I would've preferred if she had used the Betty-Boop accent but I liked Robbie as Harley (imo, she was not one of the weaknesses in SS).

Comment

Birds of Prey without Babs doesn't feel like Birds of Prey. That said, I'll watch it, I'll buy it, and I'll watch it again. It's a DC movie. I own them all... even Steel... and Catwoman... and Jonah Hex. It's like an addiction.
                    Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

Since November, I've been recording a German-language podcast with a friend. Each week, we're watching a different comic book adaptation (live-action, animation, from America, Japan, Europe, whatever). Our Top 5 right now are Into the Spider-Verse, Superman 78, Blade 1, Batman 89 and Valerian.

This is going to be the first movie we watch in theaters. And I don't want to.

Comment

Yo.

Originally posted by Parrylakks View Post
                        Birds of Prey without Babs doesn't feel like Birds of Prey. That said, I'll watch it, I'll buy it, and I'll watch it again. It's a DC movie. I own them all... even Steel... and Catwoman... and Jonah Hex. It's like an addiction.
                        ^^^ =

ya know, they have doctors who can treat this OCD-behavior of yurs, right? sure, it might take a few yurs, but yur collection with be thankful in the long run....

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                        Since November, I've been recording a German-language podcast with a friend. Each week, we're watching a different comic book adaptation (live-action, animation, from America, Japan, Europe, whatever). Our Top 5 right now are Into the Spider-Verse, Superman 78, Blade 1, Batman 89 and Valerian.
                        I approve of this; the next time I see ya @ Warriors, I'm buying ya a chocolate milk....

that sounds like me when I went to see X-Men: 1st Class, Dark Phoenix & SW:TRoS for review on my show; my fears were correct 2 out of 3 times.... :/

Tazer

Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Originally posted by Tazer View Post

I approve of this; the next time I see ya @ Warriors, I'm buying ya a chocolate milk....

that sounds like me when I went to see X-Men: 1st Class, Dark Phoenix & SW:TRoS for review on my show; my fears were correct 2 out of 3 times.... :/
                          I still haven't popped in the Dark Phoenix Blu-Ray that I bought last summer. I'll have to, eventually. But I'm not in a hurry.

But yeah, First Class was decent.

Comment

Well, at least it's not one of the many too-long comic book movies. Esquire reports it runs at 1 hour 48 minutes.

I still haven't popped in the Dark Phoenix Blu-Ray that I bought last summer. I'll have to, eventually. But I'm not in a hurry. . .
                            I haven't seen Dark Phoenix yet either, but I probably will also buy it anyway because I have all the other X-Men movies.

Comment

Yo.

I thought this review was pretty interesting: https://www.theguardian.com/film/202...-margot-Robbie

Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) review – a blitz of bad taste

------

As a comic book movie writ large, as an adaptation of an imaginative, gonzo, frenzied, devilish graphic novel not meant for kids, Birds Of Prey is arguably perfect as a blast of that kind of feverish dynamism. However, as a movie, Birds Of Prey can’t really break free from the cage of quirky insanity it is so content to nest in.
                              ......I know I didn't read *every single issue* of BoP, but I read a great chunk of it and I cant think of any story which would leave me to believe the title was a " gonzo, frenzied, devilish graphic novel not meant for kids".

so I cant help but wonder: wtf book did he read, to get that opinion?
                              :/

Tazer

Comment

Reviews seem to be fairly positive, sitting at 89% with 75 reviews in on rotten tomatoes.

Comment

Working...
                                X