This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
    I heard about The Expanse. It sounded promising. I figured it had more "adult content" than I would prefer, though.

I'm not a fan of extensive cursing, have very little tolerance for gore, and almost none for explicit sexual content, so it seems like most shows that are aimed at adults and aren't on network TV make use of their additional "freedom" to add a lot of elements I could do without.

Though The Expanse is based on books, right? Somehow, most of the stuff I like to avoid in visual media doesn't bother me as much on the page (though cursing still annoys me when used heavily in print, too). Maybe I should look into the novels.
    Seriously though give it a shot. I haven't read the books but trust me when i say i think youll like it despite the swearing. The characters and writing are fantastic. It isnt like scarface with close to 200 f bombs. Theres barely any nudity if your worried if its like game of thrones. I even said without the nudity game of thrones is still very well written same for the expanse
    TazzMission
    Guardian of the Universe
    Last edited by TazzMission; 05-04-2021, 05:43 PM.
    .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
      Oh, I have a special hatred for SF Horror. Mainly because I feel like there is little enough decent SF on the big screen, I hate to see a good SF setup "wasted" on a type of movie I have no interest in. It just irks me when there is a movie that looks, at first glance, like it could be a cool SF movie, then as the trailer progresses it becomes clear that, nope, its another monster in space movie. I have a special prejudice against Alien because of this, as I see its success as a major contributing factor to that ongoing trend.

I do recall somewhat enjoying the first couple of Terminator movies back in the day, but I have little interest in rewatching them.
      I get that. It's a tightrope, though. I assume you'd acknowledge that Star Trek itself has crossed into horror with say the abduction episode of TNG and some of the Borg stuff?

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
        I get that. It's a tightrope, though. I assume you'd acknowledge that Star Trek itself has crossed into horror with say the abduction episode of TNG and some of the Borg stuff?
        Didn't really like the abduction episode (though that could be because I thought it was dumb, rather than any association with horror). Certainly wasn't a fan of the grotesque space monster that was inhabiting the body of Remmick, and controlling all the little crawlies that were taking over members of Starfleet.

Somehow the Borg didn't usually bother me so much (though I could have done without some of the more graphic assimilation stuff). I guess, while they are a bit horrific, they are generally pretty straightforward in their operation. They don't typically jump out at you. They don't generally gorily mutilate people (they obviously DO mutilate people, but it is usually the result that you see, not the process).

Comment

• The type of horror that I really dislike is the kind where the horrific elements are essentially unbeatable. Stuff where some survivors might get away, but the horrible evil is undefeated, or at least clearly will come back. There is a really depressing negativity to a lot of horror that bothers me probably as much as any of the jump scares and gore. Perhaps that's why I can tolerate some horrific elements in a setting that I otherwise enjoy, so long as the general tone is positive.

Comment

• New tf film is titled rise of the beasts and will be set in1994 Brooklyn new York. Grew up on beast wars so im hoping this is decent

Comment

• well looks like those in power believe another lockdown is coming, Venom 2 has been delayed

Venom: Let There Be Carnage Has Been Delayed a Few Weeks

"few weeks" my @$$ that's how the 1st delays started

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• Oh No, It's Happening Again

Top Gun: Maverick, Mission: Impossible 7, and Jackass Forever have all moved their release dates into 2022. What's next?

what do they know????

IonFan says

Comment

• Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                  Oh No, It's Happening Again

what do they know????
                  Supposedly same for marvel tv on Disney plus. Id be amazed if spiderman no way home keeps its December 17th release this year

Comment

• here we go again

IonFan says

Comment

• I know Tazz is looking forward to this. The trailer for Terrifier 2 dropped. It actually looks like it might have a lot more story than the previous feature and anthology.

+ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KkONLf_ZKU" title="View this video at YouTube in a new window or tab" target="_blank">YouTube Video
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KkONLf_ZKU"> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KkONLf_ZKU" /> ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

I know Tazz is looking forward to this. The trailer for Terrifier 2 dropped. It actually looks like it might have a lot more story than the previous feature and anthology.

+ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KkONLf_ZKU" title="View this video at YouTube in a new window or tab" target="_blank">YouTube Video
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KkONLf_ZKU"> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KkONLf_ZKU" /> ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
                        Yes i am .

Comment

• Hell yeah! Official trailer for Meg 2

+ https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dG91B3hHyY4" title="View this video at YouTube in a new window or tab" target="_blank">YouTube Video
                          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dG91B3hHyY4"> https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dG91B3hHyY4" /> ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                            Hell yeah! Official trailer for Meg 2
                            Saw it. Is that from the books, that there’s a Jurassic-Park-like island with dinos?

Comment

Saw it. Is that from the books, that there’s a Jurassic-Park-like island with dinos?
                              The only dinos I remember from the books were in Meg: Origins, which came out somewhere after the the first 3 or 4 books. When the first movie came out, they released a special edition of the first novel with the Origins novella included in the beginning.

Since the first movie barely had anything to do with the first novel, I'm assuming the 2nd movie will likewise follow the same route. What interests me the most about this trailer is how many different types of deep sea species are seen.

Specifically to the T Rex scene, that was from millions of years ago. There was no dino island in the present day text of the novels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff View Post

Specifically to the T Rex scene, that was from millions of years ago. There was no dino island in the present day text of the novels.
                                I wasn’t sure about that. That was my first reaction but when they said something about an isolated environment I thought maybe it was modern.

Comment

Working...
                                X