Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You do realize that by doing that you could get arrested, that's IF you actually work for the national lottery (Ha!)

Comment

• Sabrina was good only for Salem in the TV. Salem was AWESOME!

Comment

• let it die already

Remember when Terminator Salvation came out and some of us loved it (I did) and some of us didn't (everyone else in the office), the only thing we could all agree on was that it just wasn't Terminator. The feelings we had when we watched Arnie drive a motorcycle away from a truck were not exactly replicated in T4. Sure, I love me some big-man Bale. Love him! But John Connor felt like a total badass in Salvation, and that's not how I imagined him to be. My John Connor of the future is a damaged man who looks like he should be behind a desk in an office, but is somehow the last hope of the human race and now sits rather uncomfortably on the frontlines. Long story short: John Connor is not Batman.

That being what it is, it was great news to hear that T5 (no snappy suffix yet) would focus more on the man-mountain who made the franchise his own in the first place. Arnold Schwarzenegger himself was signed on for a major role late last year. We were promised A LOT more than just a CGI clone marching out of a fridge (spoilers!). Then, Justin Lin (Fast & Furious and Fast Five) was announced to be directing but seemingly jumped ship and the project was left in — well, limbo, for a bit.

Our first piece of news in a long while regarding the movie comes from the mouth of the one who started it all. Jim Cameron came up with the idea for Terminator in a dream and the rest is history. Cameron has been doing the rounds in his interim period between Avatars and managed to sit down with MTV and leave just enough information to have us TOTALLY FREAKING OUT about the prospect of a collaboration between himself and the Governator.

It's not much to go on, but it is awesome...

http://moviepilot.com/movies/34872-....fb-stream-post
        .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
          You do realize that by doing that you could get arrested, that's IF you actually work for the national lottery (Ha!)

Good one bro!
          Originally posted by IonFan
          (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
          Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
          If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
          Originally posted by Quaker
          I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

• Cameron is in no way involved with T5, and I didnt mind salvation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robinson View Post
              Cameron is in no way involved with T5, and I didnt mind salvation.
              i hated salvation

it just didnt feel terminator to me

Comment

• Do we really want Arnold back as the Terminator? Stop and think before you answer.

Arnie then:

Arnie now:

It's like someone left the Terminator out in the sun too long, and he shriveled up.
                Now you'd never call Erwin a "Wussy"
                Nor label his working day "cushy"
                But you might have to question
                His endless obsession
                With superpositional pussy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Razorgod View Post
                  Do we really want Arnold back as the Terminator? Stop and think before you answer.

Arnie then:

Arnie now:

It's like someone left the Terminator out in the sun too long, and he shriveled up.
                  lol

Comment

• i think if they do anymore with arnold it will show how he became the model for the t800, not really have him as a robot anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robinson View Post
                      i think if they do anymore with arnold it will show how he became the model for the t800, not really have him as a robot anymore.

i believe i remember an ign article saying they wanted 6 terminator films all together

so if t5 happens i think a 6 is most likley

Comment

• from the 4th bourne film

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                          l...But John Connor felt like a total badass in Salvation, and that's not how I imagined him to be. My John Connor of the future is a damaged man who looks like he should be behind a desk in an office, but is somehow the last hope of the human race and now sits rather uncomfortably on the frontlines. Long story short: John Connor is not Batman...
                          I thought Salvation was so-so, but that didn't bother me. Terminator established Connor would become the man and T2 showed us this battle-scarred version:

To me, that's kind of the point. I think John would make himself a real soldier just like his mother, a waitress, made herself into a bad@$$.

Originally posted by Razorgod View Post
                          Arnie now:
                          You were being kind.

Comment

• Mickey Rourke & Rosario Dawson Confirmed for ‘Sin City 2′

One thing most people (including the Screen Rant podcast crew) seem to agree on, with regards to Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (a.k.a Sin City 2) is that Oscar-nominee Mickey Rourke reprising his acclaimed turn as scarred bruiser Marv is a key ingredient for the sequel to work. The notoriously candid actor has previously humored reporters on the subject, but refrained from actually declaring his commitment to the project.

Robert Rodriguez has now confirmed that Rourke will be returning for Sin City 2, a followup to his first adaptation of Frank Miller’s popular neo-Noir comic book series. Similarly, the filmmaker indicated that Rosario Dawson is also prepped to reprise her role as hard-edged prostitute Gail in A Dame to Kill For – which begins shooting this summer, some seven years after the first Sin City flick hit theaters.

During a recent interview with MTV about the truly independent director’s Sin City sequel, Rodriguez said that “[Mickey Rourke is] all excited to come back, but he’s probably the first one.” He thereafter mentioned that he had recently run into Rosario Dawson (not literally, of course) – and that the actress is likewise “excited about doing another one, so that will be fun.”
                            A Dame to Kill For is primarily based on Miller’s Sin City graphic novel of the same name. That storyline partially overlaps with The Hard Goodbye (ie. the Marv-centered segment of the first Sin City movie), but otherwise takes place prior to most of the events depicted in Rodriguez’ previous Sin City film adaptation – with a few exceptions, such as the opening part of That Yellow Bastard (ie. the Hartigan [Bruce Willis]-centered segment).

In addition to the A Dame to Kill For plotline, Sin City 2 will feature some new story material penned by Miller, partly to tie off the narrative threads left dangling in the first movie – such as, what happens to Nancy Callahan (Jessica Alba), following the conclusion of the Yellow Bastard segment. Those who lost confidence in Miller’s writing abilities a long time ago can take comfort in knowing that William Monahan (The Departed) polished those new script elements.

The next “big development” in the Sin City sequel’s pre-production process should be news about whether or not Clive Owen will be returning as Dwight – who is essentially the protagonist in A Dame to Kill For. Considering that the character is supposed to have undergone significant facial reconstruction between that story and The Big Fat Kill, there’s a good chance that Owen won’t be back (for continuity’s sake). Still, that’s not at all a given yet.

We will continue to keep you posted on the status of Sin City: A Dame to Kill For as more information is released.

http://screenrant.com/mickey-rourke-...-sandy-166177/

Comment

• The Hobbit ... Didn't Look So Good
                              Warners screens 10 minutes at their CinemaCon panel.
                              April 24, 2012

Warner Bros. screened roughly 10 minutes of footage from The Hobbit today at their CinemaCon presentation in Las Vegas. The footage was projected in 3D at 48 frames per second for theater owners and press attending the conference.

A taped intro from director Peter Jackson preceded the footage. There is no honest discussion that can be had about this Hobbit footage without emphasizing the 48fps presentation. The film was shot this way and will be digitally projected this way, as well as presented in 3D. So what does 48fps movie footage look like as opposed to your usual 24fps theatrical movie experience? In this reporter's opinion, it looks like live television or hi-def video. And it didn't look particularly good. Yes, this is shocking, but I was actually let down by the Hobbit footage, as were a number of the other journalists that I spoke with afterward.

Please note: The above trailer is in 24fps -- not 48fps.

It looked like an old Doctor Who episode, or a videotaped BBC TV production. It was as shocking as when The Twilight Zone made the boneheaded decision to switch from film to tape one season, and where perfectly good stories were ruined by that aesthetic. Here, there were incredibly sharp, realistic images where colors seem more vivid and brighter than on film, but the darker scenes were especially murky (and the 3D only dims that image even more). Frankly, it was jarring to see Gandalf, Bilbo or the dwarves in action against CG-created characters or even to move quickly down a rocky passage. The whipping of a camera pan or the blur of movement was unsettling.

While 48fps may create a more realistic, "you are there" picture quality, it actually works against The Hobbit from the 10 minutes of footage we saw. This undeniable "reality" kept pulling me out of the movie rather than immersing me fully into its world as the Lord of the Rings films did; the very fantasy element, the artifice of it all (whether it's the wigs, fake beards or CG monsters) was plainly, at times painfully, evident. There was none of the painterly gentleness that film offers a fantasy film, as was so beautifully the case with the original (shot on film) LOTR trilogy. I fully expect the 48fps issue to become the much-talked about "mumbling Bane" flap to come out of CinemaCon.

- New Line

The best sequence shown was one between Bilbo (Martin Freeman) and Gollum (once again played by Andy Serkis). The latter is his old, split personality self as he debates between killing Bilbo or helping him out. Bilbo finally agrees to play a game of riddles with Gollum. If he wins, Gollum will show Bilbo the way to Bilbo's destination. If Gollum wins? Well, it makes you wonder if Hobbit tastes like chicken. One reason why the 48fps wasn't as distracting here was that it was an extended sequence, the longest by far of the clips shown from An Unexpected Journey today. The CG-ness of Gollum was more evident in this digital format than it was on film back in the LOTR trilogy, but you'd be hard-pressed not to feel goosebumps seeing Serkis back in deceitful action as Gollum.

Also back in action in the footage screened today? Orlando Bloom's archer Legolas and Elijah Wood's Frodo Baggins, although we only got a few glimpses of those two characters. There were also scenes shown between Gandalf the Grey and Radagast the Brown, as well as an action-oriented one seeing Bilbo imperiled by three giant troll-like monsters before Thorin Oakenshield and the dwarves come to his rescue. There were some moments of Ian Holm as the elder Bilbo, life in the Shire, and the heroes' journeys across the snow-capped mountaintops of New Zealand, er, Middle-earth. Jackson stressed in his intro that the footage was unfinished, and this was evident in many of the green screen backdrop scenes we saw, such as the Rivendell one between Gandalf, Elrond and Galadriel.

- New Line

I didn't go into CinemaCon expecting to write anything less than great things about The Hobbit, but the very aesthetic chosen by Peter Jackson has made me very nervous about this film. It just looked ... cheap, like a videotaped or live TV version of Lord of the Rings and not the epic return to Tolkien that we have all so long been waiting for. I still have hope for The Hobbit, but I'd be lying if I didn't say my expectations for the film have now been greatly diminished.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/122/1223523p1.html

Comment

• I saw that over at the Mess this morning, and my heart has LITTERALLY been sinking ever since. This has me really worried; no matter how good the script and the actors are, if this looks like shit up on screen I might just shoot myself.

Why couldn't Jackson just shoot this on film like the LOTR trilogy so it would match up?

Comment

Working...
                                X