Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's playing DCUO, and on what servers? (listing)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've also created a Sinestro Corps member to play on the Villains server. I had a very simple character concept: What if a Street Judge from the Judge Dredd universe was chosen by a yellow power ring to be its wearer? He would maintain order and impose martial law by using fear as his weapon, much like Sinestro himself would have back on Korugar!

I call him Judge Stearn. Here's a screen shot of him in Metropolis:

The major inspiration behind creating this character was last year's Dredd starring Karl Urban, which is still the best comic adaptation of 2012! I based the look of the uniform on the uniforms in that movie as much as possible, with the boots and gloves having the gold armor on them, inspired by the uniforms from the 1990s movie. I'm still trying to find a more satisfactory pair of shoulder pads for him. One of the vendors has a pair of shoulder pads with a "bird wing" design reminiscent of the eagle shoulder armor from the Stallone movie. But I think it's part of a high level armor set, so it'll probably be awhile before I can get them. I'd also prefer to be able to give him a proper badge over his left breast. With the giant badge in the middle of the chest, he ends up looking like one of the Chief Judges in the comic. *shrugs*
    Jack T. Chance
    Really knows where his towel is!
    Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 07-20-2013, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Cool, nice job!

Comment

Looks like I need to start playing this game again!

War of the Light Part 1
        Green Lantern's Light!

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527

Comment

I made a Rage Villain, and the new powers are AWESOME

Comment

Originally posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
            I've also created a Sinestro Corps member to play on the Villains server. I had a very simple character concept: What if a Street Judge from the Judge Dredd universe was chosen by a yellow power ring to be its wearer? He would maintain order and impose martial law by using fear as his weapon, much like Sinestro himself would have back on Korugar!

I call him Judge Stearn. Here's a screen shot of him in Metropolis:

The major inspiration behind creating this character was last year's Dredd starring Karl Urban, which is still the best comic adaptation of 2012! I based the look of the uniform on the uniforms in that movie as much as possible, with the boots and gloves having the gold armor on them, inspired by the uniforms from the 1990s movie. I'm still trying to find a more satisfactory pair of shoulder pads for him. One of the vendors has a pair of shoulder pads with a "bird wing" design reminiscent of the eagle shoulder armor from the Stallone movie. But I think it's part of a high level armor set, so it'll probably be awhile before I can get them. I'd also prefer to be able to give him a proper badge over his left breast. With the giant badge in the middle of the chest, he ends up looking like one of the Chief Judges in the comic. *shrugs*
            Thanks to stumbling upon another player's own attempt at creating a Street Judge in the game, I've finally learned how to make his emblem a proper badge over his left breast, where it belongs. The trick is to use the Urban Slick jacket, which is available at character creation! Since it's a modern-looking motorcycle jacket, it works fine. I also switched his gloves to the Valentine set, because they have wicked spikes coming off of the knuckles, very vicious looking! >=)

Updated screen caps coming soon, whenever the DCUO server stops being stupid. It keeps crashing tonight.

Comment

And, as promised, here's a new screen cap of Judge Stearn:

As you can see, I decided to put a touch of gold on the jacket's trim, since he's slingin' a yellow ring!

I also did some more checking and not only are the shoulder pad sets I need high level armor, requiring your character to reach Level 30, they are ALSO shoulder pads for Magical Heroes, sold in the Watchtower on the Heroes Server. So I have no clue how this character can use them, since he's a villain.

Quick recap of the costume items used to make the Street Judge's Uniform as it currently appears:
              • Head: Future Cop Helmet
              • Chest: Urban Slick Jacket
              • Emblem: Shield
              • Hands: Valentine Gloves (obtained during 2013 Valentine's Day Event)*
              • Shoulders: The first pair of shoulder pads available in the game, given to all characters as a quest reward.*
              • Legs: Paramilitary Pants
              • Feet: Biker Boots
              • Belt: Paramilitary Belt

*Obtained during gameplay, all other items are standard styles available when creating your character.
              Jack T. Chance
              Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 02-21-2014, 08:41 AM.

Comment

DCUO CSA Johnny Quick...

I was bored, playing around with DC Universe Online, and wanted to create a super speedster. But naturally, villains are more fun! So, I created the "Old 52", Modern Age version of the Crime Syndicate's Johnny Quick, as created by Grant Morrison and Frank Quietly. The coolest part is that all the outfit pieces you need are available at character creation!

Jack T. Chance
                Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 03-09-2014, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Yo.

nice job; does he have any other abilities besides the movement deal?

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                  Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Originally posted by Tazer View Post
                    Yo.

nice job; does he have any other abilities besides the movement deal?

Tazer
                    At the present, he just uses Gadgets. I had thought about giving him lightning-based powers, but I still haven't purchased the Flash-themed Expansion Pack that makes them available. I might respec/recreate him at some point to give him more meta-human abilities.

Costume recipe:
                    • Head -- Future Cop Helmet
                    • Chest -- Electric
                    • Legs -- Ice
                    • Feet -- Classic Slimline (But you can use whatever boots look good to you. I may change them at some point if I find a pair I like better.)

For a Silver Age Johnny Quick, just switch from the Future Cop Helmet to an open-faced cowl that looks appropriate. I don't think you can add the "lightning bolt" earpieces, but you can make it look close. Then just add basic yellow/gold gloves and you're done!
                    Jack T. Chance
                    Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 03-09-2014, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Since Johnny Quick is my first super speedster, I wasn't familiar with that power set. I checked it out this morning. Just like with Flight and Acrobatics, you start getting upgrades once your character hits Level 9.

At Level 9, your character gains access to the Speed Force and you can begin putting points into Speed Force abilities. The first point goes into speed acceleration, which you turn on by hitting the Num Lock key on your keyboard (I have no clue how you activate it on PS3 and PS4, as I only play the PC version). This is similar to the Super Sonic flight mode for flying characters.

After that, with each point you earn to put into your movement capabilities, you can add classic Speed Force abilities, such as using your arms to whip up tornadoes to attack your enemies with! Pretty sweet!

Comment

Updates on Jack T. Chance...

Okay, so, quick update on my DCUO version of Jack T. Chance. Here's a quick comparison image, comparing the comic version to the game version as you've seen before...

And next is a new comparison I've made to show off the latest updates to his appearance. Yesterday I snapped an action shot that shows off his dual-wielded "hand cannons" (I don't like having him dual-wield, but it's the only way Player Characters can use pistols. ) The in-game pistol style is called "Energy Blaster" and they're the closest thing I've found to the "hand cannon" Jack used in the comics.

In this image you can also see that I've now given him red Emissive Eyes (the only way to give him red eyes in-game that you can TELL are red) and a Green Aura to make him even more recognizable as a GL.

Next on my in-game "To Do List" is obtaining the Classic Duster Chest Style for him to complete his look, but that'll take awhile, as completing some parts of the necessary item collection quests requires a character at Level 30, Tier 2!
                        Jack T. Chance
                        Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 03-25-2014, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Chance is one of my least favorite GLs but you did a really, really good job with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                            Chance is one of my least favorite GLs but you did a really, really good job with him.
                            Thanks man. Since he's my favorite extraterrestrial GL, my goal has been to make the most accurate representation of him that I can. If only Sony Online Entertainment would allow our characters to have pointy ears...

Comment

My DCUO version of Jack T. Chance has just acquired his first base! In outfitting it with basic amenities, I decided to go on the Auction Broker and buy him a bed to take care of one of his most essential off-duty needs. And the only bed I could afford made me very happy...

Bed linens in the colors of the Corps For The Win!

Comment

Here's my newest character... Stel, the Green Lantern of Sector 3009! Those of you that are familiar with the character in the comics will know that he comes from a planet inhabited by a race of sentient robots. I wanted to base him on his current appearance in the comics.

As I suspected, the options at character creation for making a character look robotic are very limited. But here's what I have so far:

Here's the "recipe" of what I went with...

Skin: Robotic
                                Chest: Contemporary Tech
                                Legs: Contemporary Tech
                                Head: Visor
                                Hands: Power Reinforced
                                Feet: Power Reinforced
                                Emblem: Moon
                                Accessory: Green Aura
                                Weapon: Rifle (Green Energy Cannon)

Color Palette Hex Codes
                                Green: 004600
                                Black: 000000
                                Silver: C0C0C0

I may adjust the silver a little, not sure yet. He REALLY needs some good, beefy, robotic-looking armor pieces, especially chest armor, to make him look even more robotic, but it's a start. We'll call this Stel Version 1.0.

Comment

Working...
                                X