Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gamer Thread Vol. 5 (General Gaming News & Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chosenone85 View Post
    They should get rid of Yuke's as the developer and bring in AKI.
    i hate to say this but the wwe franchise is better off at ea.................. i know i suprised myself for even thinking of it but at least ea would throw the money in to make it at least better in some capacity and the graphics will be at least next gen
    .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Originally posted by chosenone85 View Post
      Rumble Roses wasn't a wwe/wwf game.

They got rid of the other franchises I guess because they weren't selling like the smackdown series, plus each game (Raw, DOR & WM were developed by a different team at Yuke's) had their own developer and THQ was losing money and eventually went out of business.

Yuke's has used the same engine since 2000, 14 years same engine, I have a problem with that. Outside of a few minor tweeks it's the same game minus the speed of the game.
      I know Rumble Roses wasn't WWE. It's sad that when I say wrestling these days it only equals WWE in peoples head. I guess that's what happens when you completely dominate your market, no...industry for over a decade.

Rumble Roses was a fun wrestling game. At this point with WWE owning anything relating to wrestling as we used to know it, any new game made by another developer would have to be outside the WWE licence unless they made a deal with 2k. I was thinking of going outside that realm completely, just a random idea, but how about Capcom hired AKI and made part 3 or rebooted Saturday Night Slam Masters, I think that would be awesome, sure it wouldn't have Cena or co, but you'd just have to cope without them anyway, if need be you can add some NJPW wrestlers in there, but everyone else could be original characters, make the gameplay solid and fun. This is all a dream of course, with sales targets so high now, it would never sell enough and Capcom are in shit themselves anyway.

THQ weren't having problems back when they were making those other games, they likely stopped for the other reason you mentioned.

The game engine is old, but it was the change in 2008 I think that killed it for me, the gameplay became sim style, and less arcadey fun and more slow and boring. I could never be bothered to explain the controls to my friends, so we ended up playing the older games, which are better anyway.

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
      i hate to say this but the wwe franchise is better off at ea.................. i know i suprised myself for even thinking of it but at least ea would throw the money in to make it at least better in some capacity and the graphics will be at least next gen
      After Betafield 4? Might as well give it to Ubisoft

EA wouldn't change shit, they would keep that same engine for another 20 years, they would throw money at the marketing team, that's what they Ubisoft and Activision are pro's at, manipulating people into pre ordering and buying the same stuff over and over, with little effort on the actual product.
      Frank Castle
      Alpha-Lantern
      Last edited by Frank Castle; 11-18-2014, 06:10 PM.

THE MEN CALLED STING

Comment

• Started Dead Space 2.

So far, no real problems. Only got killed once, because I didn't have the Plasma Cutter yet and needed to use Kinesis to throw rods at the Necromorphs in the area above the operating room.

I mostly have the controls down, but I keep hitting B to stomp and it uses the med-packs, which causes me to run out of med-packs, because stomp is RB and not B. Damn. Not a bad shot with the PC, though.

Level design is overall not bad so far, though I'm early into it, and we'll see how things fare.
        Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Dragon Age Inquisition is SOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
            Started Dead Space 2.

So far, no real problems. Only got killed once, because I didn't have the Plasma Cutter yet and needed to use Kinesis to throw rods at the Necromorphs in the area above the operating room.

I mostly have the controls down, but I keep hitting B to stomp and it uses the med-packs, which causes me to run out of med-packs, because stomp is RB and not B. Damn. Not a bad shot with the PC, though.

Level design is overall not bad so far, though I'm early into it, and we'll see how things fare.
            never played it before? i wont spoil anything for the story but the controls are superior than the first title
            .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• http://www.gamepur.com/news/16952-wo...-put-your.html

Still feel like buying Ubisoft games when they first come out? 'Cause I don't.

Comment

• Dead Space 2 update:

Got past the tram section, and found the inverted shooting moment to be passable.

Reached the part with the child Necros. Got killed, so I'll try again tomorrow. Pretty sure I didn't do myself any real favors by having only the Plasma Cutter, but at least they die in one hit and I'm only playing Normal difficulty.

Comment

• PC is a must have, whatever guns I bring, I usually always take that, you will see later on. Upgrade it and you can beat the game using just that, and at max level it will cause fire damage on them.

Force gun is good for crowd control and at close range is powerful, pulse rifle is good when you're getting rushed like the part you're on by the sounds of it. The only weapon I find useless is the flame thrower. It doesn't do enough damage and finding ammo for it is a pain, not even fully upgraded did I find it any good.

THE MEN CALLED STING

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                    http://www.gamepur.com/news/16952-wo...-put-your.html

Still feel like buying Ubisoft games when they first come out? 'Cause I don't.
                    I usually never buy any games when they come out first, except when there's a really good price for the game. But even then I usually just put it in my videogame queue and only test-play it for like an hour or two because I have so many unplayed games laying around.

Comment

• Yo.

kinda surprised nobody else has posted this yet: https://games.yahoo.com/news/wal-mar...120517369.html

Wal-Mart got scammed into selling PS4 consoles for $90

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                      Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• There was a Dish Network scam as well, but this was to get PS4's for free. DN had a promo where you would get a free PS4 if you referred 3 friends to subscribe to the service. Well, people were doing this, and referring fake addresses that didn't exist, so when cable guy would come out, there wouldn't be a house there, OR it would be someone that didn't want to subscribe.

I think it was foolish on DN's part to give the free PS4's away BEFORE the subscriptions were completed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Castle View Post
                          PC is a must have, whatever guns I bring, I usually always take that, you will see later on. Upgrade it and you can beat the game using just that, and at max level it will cause fire damage on them.

Force gun is good for crowd control and at close range is powerful, pulse rifle is good when you're getting rushed like the part you're on by the sounds of it. The only weapon I find useless is the flame thrower. It doesn't do enough damage and finding ammo for it is a pain, not even fully upgraded did I find it any good.
                          The store is on the far side of the area, and I'll get the children activated and swarming me just running to it. I read some tips on a number of sites last night that said melee is helpful more often than one would think, and I guess I'll try that next since Stasis freezing two or three at a time doesn't do much to help, and they die easy enough.

And yeah, I know about the PC. Some of those tips I saw last night mentioned it, and since it's incredibly worthwhile in the first (and no doubt third) game, I'll be holding onto it. Would be dumb to discard it. It'll take a couple plays, but I know I can eventually unlock the Refurbished skin for it, and the various upgrades (the Special upgrade made me laugh, and will be fun to witness).

Comment

• So I tried again:

1) Killed the Necro faking it in the hallway where you first see the Packer (child Necro), and after scavenging that first area, I proceeded (this time, I did round the corner fast enough that I saw the first Packer, and could have Stasis'd it but decided that would be a waste).

2) Using Kinesis, I carried the adult Necro's body into the next area (first Pack ambush) and moved towards the Store/Save point. The Pack came out, I shot the body at the first few, and then backed up to the Store and just opened up with the PC.

3) I survived, got Stross's message, and then like a complete buffoon I forgot to stomp-loot the Pack's bodies. Next time.

4) During the encounter in the Unitology Recruiting Office, where you have to enter the crawlspace, I didn't know that the far wall could be shot out to suck the Necros through. Also next time.

5) Finally made it to a Bench/Save point. Upgraded my PC with the three Power Nodes I had (would have had 5, but I missed the one in the first vacuum room and I spent one on the first node door, though that one has good loot), moving straight right to reach the next damage upgrade. I think three more Power Nodes and I have the Special and can immolate Necros.

6) Decided to re-download the Elite Suit for DS1. I got it because I was sure I wanted the game, back when it came out and the Elite was limited-time free, but then I never got the game and deleted the suit's file. Since it's only 12MB, I decided what the hell, and maybe I'll get the game sometime now.

7) Tempted to get Mass Effect 3 to have the trilogy's climax and the N7 suit for Dead Space 3, but really not sure. Will have to think on it.

Comment

• http://www.xboxachievements.com/game...-rogue/review/

I put it on my Christmas list for my parents to get me, and you can see why again here. I'll eventually get Unity, sometime next year, when I've a current-gen console and a cheap copy of that game.

Comment

• I've started MyCareer on WWE 2K15, so far it sucks

Comment

Working...
                                X