Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gamer Thread Vol. 5 (General Gaming News & Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
    So I picked up Army of Two: The 40th Day to co-op the story with my dad, but our first session did not go over well. We were on opposite ends of the couch to our characters, which throws him off...
    That used to bug me too. Why didn't you switch controllers or seats?

Comment

• Given the controller being broken, switching would have solved nothing and we would have been forced to stop anyway at the exact same point. We'll make sure to be in the right seats next time, though.
      Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Alien: Isolation sells 2.1 million copies, Sega calls sales "weak"

Just like how Square Enix said the Tomb Raider reboot was a failure despite its sales being the best launch in the whole damn series.

ARK: Survival Evolved has dinosaur hunting

Like Turok and stuff.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is Igarashi's Castlevania successor

Liking this.

Comment

• Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

Comment

• Arkham Inside #2: dual play details and Q/A with Caboose XBL

That looks really, really fun.

Comment

• I need this:

+ YouTube Video
              ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

• I'll definitely be getting that and playing it after seeing the film.

Speaking of LEGO games, I am far behind in mine (but then, I'm far behind in so many things; not enough hours in the day or days in the year, it seems).

Comment

• I fear for the safety of that Lego pig.

Comment

• I'm thinking of getting Lego Dimensions but I don't want to kill my wallet

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                      I'm at 99% on Arkham City now and have only one campaign (the one that is Police Brutality Extreme; Extinction Extreme; and something else I haven't even managed to get to). The combination of modifiers and medal challenges is killing me. I spent over two hours on it yesterday. If it wasn't the last one I'd seriously give up but it's annoying since it's the last.
                      Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                      I don't know if I'll ever bother completing those. I didn't on 360, since I was starting to fail one as Catwoman and realized I actually didn't care anymore, so I just gave up and traded the game in.

Maybe I'll pull it off on PS3, maybe not...
                      Well, I have one campaign left to finish Robin (did Batman and Catwoman). It's one that begins and ends with a fighting challenge but with the Top of the World Extreme. I've now tried I don't know how many times, but probably spent over 5 hours on it. The Top of the World one is killing me. None of the medal challenges seem that difficult but I keep getting discovered and shot. These jerks seem to have x-ray and telescopic vision and shoot better than Chris Kyle. Anyway, I finally managed to do it, but used all my retries and when it came to the final fight challenge I got 2 instead of 3 medals (couldn't pull off a flawless probably because I was still in a lousy mood). So now all of Robin is done but one campaign has 8 instead of 9 medals.

Space Cop
                      The Dandy
                      Last edited by Space Cop; 05-16-2015, 09:07 PM.

Comment

• At this point, you'll end up beating it out of a sense of principal and not rationality.

Like a man.

Anyway:

So I just got back from my dad's an a lengthy gaming session.

Army of Two: The 40th Day (PS3) is better than initially expected (the first needed a fair few improvements, but this one is more tolerable, though the enemies tend to blend in with the environments, which infuriates my dad).

So far, I'm really liking the gun customization. I've set my main weapon to urban camo, but I swear it changed back for no reason after I clearly equipped the new skin. After the session ended, I picked some new preset masks (honestly, they have some decent designs, but I feel they really could have made some more, and I'm not going to the Web site to download custom ones or anything like that; there are a ton of games that allow custom art, why can't this game?). I'm hoping the changes stick next session, and I'll be sure to check our masks before we begin and to check my camo right after loading the save, before the next firefight.

Currently, we made it maybe halfway through the zoo section. We've made three moral decisions, choosing to do "the nice guy thing" each time, and the first two made me wish I had selected being a dick...well, the first one to spare the guy I'm not entirely sure of, but the second I clearly regret. The third choice I am very glad I said no to.

I don't like the mini-bosses, the dudes with the side/back weak spots, their ammo spots. The Gatling gun asshole was a total pain in the ass to take out (like the Predator, grenades only annoy him), though the grenade launcher guy was less problematic. The regular armored troopers are not too much trouble, you just have to blast the shit out of their faces and they're dead.

I don't know why, but I'm kind of annoyed my dad decided to kill guys who were about to surrender. We were supposed to rescue a hostage, and we did it the first time (before getting killed by enemy reinforcements when he's leading us to the next area), but even though I again captured the officer and the dudes were about to surrender, my dad just starts shooting them and we have to kill them. I'm not trying to play the game to perfection, but it was more than a little unexpected and I really wish he'd just captured them again.

We decided to keep playing the next time and wait until beating this game (and Extraction Mode) before moving to Future Soldier.

Comment

At this point, you'll end up beating it out of a sense of principal and not rationality.

Like a man. . .
                          True.

I am tempted to skip Nightwing, though, I probably won't since it would be weird to do 3/4 of the campaigns. But Dick is definitely my weakest character.

Comment

• Beat Fable Anniversary's main story, working on cleaning up random achievements (making enemies kill their friends, summoning strong creatures...which strangely unlocked when I used the wasp to kill a regular black bandit instead of a bandit leader, but then I kept summoning the bandit until I got the leader as a summon; might get a balverine just for the hell of it).

I need to do several more quests and unlock the last demon door, though I doubt I'll be able to get all silver keys, since the game seems to have either deleted one or I am unable to get the one for the book quest. I'll try the books, but I suspect my game has screwed me over. Goddamn Lionhead and their extreme laziness, not fixing problems from ten goddamn years ago...

At least I'm finally going to beat the game after all the years since Lost Chapters came out, and once it's done, I can move on to something else.

I've also started up another playthrough of Arkham City, because I want to do a new game plus run using the Dark Knight Returns costume. Doing just a tad sloppy, but then again I have already beaten the game like 5 or 6 times and it just doesn't matter much anymore if I make small mistakes. I'll still beat the crap out of the bad guys.

Comment

I've also started up another playthrough of Arkham City, because I want to do a new game plus run using the Dark Knight Returns costume. . .
                              That's probably my favorite costume, though it's a close one with blue cape.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                                That's probably my favorite costume
                                BTAS is the best in my opinion

Comment

Working...
                                X