Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gamer Thread Vol. 5 (General Gaming News & Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• + YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

• Special thanks to Chosen, as he just helped me out in a big and unexpected way.

I thought we'd be retrying the hard version of Lost to Light to get Black Spindle, but instead we did this week's Nightfall mission. I figured what the hell, worst we could do is fail. When it loaded up as this one mission that is always a challenge for me and whichever randoms I get paired with, I thought it was going to be another hard-won victory.

Totally the opposite: everything goes pretty damn well in comparison to what happens when I do it in the Heroic Strike playlist.

It was the first Nightfall I'd ever done, and damn was it good. I even got the Legendary pulse rifle Grasp of Malok, which Chosen reviewed once I'd equipped it and said it was a decent PvP roll. Another awesome toy to play with.

Tomorrow we should be able to get me a Black Spindle, and if I'm very lucky the Vienna Singer ship.
      Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Dead by Daylight Beta -- Talk About Games (Mike & Ryan)

Very much like the upcoming Friday the 13th game, but with original characters.

Comment

• Took two tries and a third member, but me and Chosen finally killed all the Taken in the Lost to Light secret area and I finally got Black Spindle. Fucking great.

And then the three of us did the Challenge of the Elders. I'm not sure leaving once you beat the third round is of no consequence, because I'm sure visiting the treasure room and getting more stuff was going to happen, but either way, I got some nice rewards (namely completing another quest line and getting a 330 Awoken shotgun with some good stats/perks).

Since I was clearing out bounties and whatnot earlier, I ended up getting a 330 4th Horseman Exotic shotgun, so I infused my new Black Spindle with that instead of using the 330 Extrasolar.

Also gained a bunch of codenames in Phantom Pain, but a bunch of those involve slaughtering loads of dudes, which means I'm going to have to burn through one of the kiddie-rescue missions a dozen times to work off the shit-load of demon points I'm building up. At least it's progressively harder to become Demon Snake after you transform the first time.

Comment

• Okami 2 and Bayonetta 3 not ruled out, Kamiya has ideas

Fantastic news!

Comment

• Yo.

so apparently, GOG.com is having a summer sale for all of the games in their catalog........

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
              Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• In case anyone (such as myself) didn't pay attention to E3 this year, check out the demo footage of Days Gone.

Basically, take the post-apocalyptic setting of The Walking Dead, make the protagonist a Son of Anarchy, and have huge numbers of fast infected from World War Z.

This is not even remotely like The Last of Us. They give you an assault rifle with HUNDREDS OF ROUNDS OF AMMO. That shit would never happen in a Last game (unless Capcom made it). Game looks goddamn awesome.

Comment

• Days Gone is just another zombie game to be put on the pile of no fucks given.

Comment

• if you gave no fucks, why comment?

Comment

• + YouTube Video
                      ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

• Yo.

Steams Summer Sale starts today (ends on Jul 4th); anybody looking to make any purchases?

Im gonna get GTA5 and then move my 360 profile over to pc; might get all the paid Skyrim dlc's as well (depending on if I *cant* do as I did w/Oblivion...... )

Tazer
                        Tazer
                        That Evil, Yellow Bastiche
                        Last edited by Tazer; 06-23-2016, 04:17 PM.

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                        Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Did the planetary materials/ability kills grinding needed to move ahead for the Exotic sword quest in Destiny, and now I just have to wait until Wednesday and then get a team to help me kill a couple bosses in a special strike. Since I got earlier today (yet another) Super Good Advice (332 Light), I'll infuse that into my sword for one beastly weapon.

Comment

• RE7: No QTEs, no supernatural horror

Comment

• Dark Souls III player complete game without ever being hit

Comment

• 15 most evil villains in video game history

Comment

Working...
                                X