Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gamer Thread Vol. 5 (General Gaming News & Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decided to start actually playing Ninja Storm 4: Road to Boruto (only got that version because it was cheaper than the base game on eBay, and I also get all the bonus content).

Tutorial at the beginning? Fuck no, son! We got a two-round boss battle, complete with quick-time events (herein called "interactive actions") so you can see how real shit gets in this game!

After that, the game presents diverging paths to explore the story mode through a parallel series of events. I did one extra battle, choosing to play a quick Sasuke episode in which I slaughter the absolute hell out of Orochimaru (literally taking no damage). After that I decided to call it a night.

I'm hoping that I get some good area exploration the way that Accel 1/2 and Storm 3 did it (I think 3 did it, been so goddamn long since I played that), also some good side missions (I remember having a lot of fun chasing down targets for the Bingo Book missions before).
    Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Yo.

+ YouTube Video
      ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
      ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

the 2nd vid was actually pretty fun to watch.....

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
      Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Spider-Man is now part of my collection, hooray for me.

Not gonna play it just yet because I'm closing up with some other stuff (I also just started with Storm 4, and I need to at least finish the story for that).

Comment

• I got the Friday the 13th game.

Comment

• Yo.

interesting: R ya playing that w/friends, or just with whoever slots in??

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
            Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• ^I just downloaded and updated it today and then played the (newer) AI version for literally less than a minute.

Today (after seeing Best Buy got them in), I also finally bought the NES Classic, so part of my gaming time was also in setting up/testing that.

I don't have enough friends on XBL to form groups, but I'd probably do it if I was on the right time. Really, I'm not much of a multiplayer guy at all, but that's what this game is primarily about and my Jason fandom outweighed my dislike of people witnessing my gamer suckiness.

Comment

• Almost finished the ungodly lousy story for Storm 4 (seriously, Kishimoto is fucking atrocious at literature). The boss battles are very, very unbalanced: you only get 4 dodges before you have to let your meter slowly recharge, but don't worry, the boss will unleash punishing combos and his infinite dodges to avoid combos and super attacks.

Fucking CyberConnect 2 totally lost their shit on balancing the story fights.

I'll be glad when I have all the characters unlocked and only need to worry about buying up any items I like in the item shop (in-game purchases, not micro-transactions). Getting good ranks (especially S-rank) on the fights to unlock the damn trophies is going to be an absolute chore, and it's already reminding me I never got 100% on Storm 3's achievements.

edit --- Since it is on sale at 80% off, I picked up Journey: Collector's Edition on PSN for less than $5.50 (tax included). Awesome.
                Agent Purple
                The Illustrated Man
                Last edited by Agent Purple; 12-27-2018, 03:19 AM. Reason: JOURNEY

Comment

• Found South Park: Stick of Truth (PS3) for $6, free SnH. Instant buy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                    Spider-Man is now part of my collection, hooray for me.
                    Finished the last of the DLC last weekend. Such a fun great game.

Comment

• videgamedunkey: Japan World Cup

WARNING -- do not eat or drink while watching

I had to keep pausing this, I was laughing so goddamn hard.

Comment

• My last gaming accomplishment of 2018 has been achieved, and damn am I proud of myself.

I have gotten then platinum trophy for The Division, only my third platinum ever (Fallout 4 and Destiny being the only others). I am now part of the 2.3% of players to earn every vanilla trophy, and it feels good.

I'm probably going to try and get the other trophies for the Underground DLC, because those really aren't that hard/I'm most of the way done them already. I'd also like to finally do the incursions (most of them, I don't have Stolen Signal and I doubt I ever will), and hopefully the legendary missions.

Tomorrow I am going to start the new year off with a bang: I will pop in and play a bit of Spider-Man, hopefully earning my first trophy of 2019.

Comment

• Congrats

Comment

• Spider-Man took about an hour to install, had to delete my Ground Zeroes file to make room (and I wasn't about to actually finish the trophies for that, I'll be honest) for the update files...which themselves amounted to almost 20 fucking gigs.

I'm mediocre at the combat, but I'll improve in time. First mission has you taking down Kingpin, which unlocks the first trophy of the game. January 1, 2019 now has a proper commemoration, mission accomplished. I'm not going to make a daily effort of unlocking trophies for this game, I'll play when I have time to really sink into it, so it'll take me a good while to platinum this beauty. I dunno if I'll get the DLC, especially since I still have fucking Assassin's Creed Unity and two DLC packs for that waiting to be completed (and that's a chunky install size right there).

I'll make room by clearing out Division once I'm done with it enough. I'm close to finishing up what I want from Underground, which'll really only leave Survival and messing around as a rogue in the Dark Zone as anything I could easily go for (I know I said I wanted to do incursions/legendary missions, but removing Division is down the line a ways since I still have a couple shields I'd like to nab as well; this is all down the line a bit). I do need to get back to Doom, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Arkham Knight, and once I'm finished with some of those I'll delete them to make space.

And that's not even including the shit-ton of other games I have on backlog.

Got a very busy year ahead as a gamer. Hopefully nothing I truly crave comes out anytime soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                              Spider-Man took about an hour to install, had to delete my Ground Zeroes file to make room (and I wasn't about to actually finish the trophies for that, I'll be honest) for the update files...I'll make room by clearing out Division once I'm done with it enough...
                              I've passed 60% memory on Xbox One and been thinking about a hefty memory stick (those work, right?) to boost it. I'd rather not have to start making those kind of deletion decisions or be forced to pass on XBL Gold downloads because I have freed up enough.

Comment

• I dunno about Xbox, but PlayStation allows for various memory options, including hard drive upgrade, cloud storage, and external hard drive/USB storage, I believe. I don't really feel like buying a high-capacity external/USB, and I haven't yet explored online storage options (I think you have to have PS Plus before you're allowed to upload saves online).

Besides, it's a mixture of 360-era habit and me genuinely not playing some stuff anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X