Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gamer Thread Vol. 5 (General Gaming News & Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal Gear Solid V can be completed in two hours
    Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• From what I'm reading, some of Fable Anniversary's achievements have three tiles (icons) instead of one, and which you unlock depends on what you did.

For example:
      You get tile A if you visit every region in the game
      You get tile B if you put on a lot of weight
      You get a mixed tile if you do a mixture of both

That might not be the best example, granted, but wow, that is a damn creative move. Most of the achievements are very clever in and of themselves, and have pretty good names and descriptions (even the story ones are smartly made for the large part). The Smartglass one can go fuck itself, though.

Comment

• Yo.

+ YouTube Video
        ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
        Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Reptile has the best theme and is tied for best palette swap ninja with Rain
          Booster Beetle
          Will break before he bends
          Last edited by Booster Beetle; 02-09-2014, 12:52 AM.

Comment

• Fucking love Reptile. Will always remember the three-way fight me and a coworker had against him in Shoalin Monks. So much shit was going on that the game slowed down, just martial arts insanity everywhere on screen in that snake pit of his.

Comment

• I really wanna play MK now, I shouldnt have traded in my ps3....

Comment

• I need to get MK. Thank god I had my parents get me Ultimate MK for DS a couple Christmases ago. Piss-ton of characters.

Comment

• Its really really really good

Comment

• So apparently there are issues with the DLC for Fable Ann, where, if your storage file says 56kb instead of 108kb, then it won't load properly in-game and therefore you can't access it. Microsoft is investigating from what I heard.

I'm leveling smarter this time, not grabbing a ton of stuff I don't need (Ghost Sword was fucking useless to me in Fable 1). Mostly focusing on Speed, Guile, and Toughness. Going to keep upgrades as minimal as necessary so I can get the most out of the age reduction from Avo (next playthrough will be evil, so I'll do Chapel of Skorm then).

Really, really hope Lionhead does age-reducing potions or whatever as DLC, because this aging mechanic is a bad leftover from their promises of everything in the game aging with you, to the point of your children growing up and becoming playable. It should have been removed or greatly reduced for this game, but they fucked that up.

Comment

• What is Fable

Comment

• Originally posted by chosenone85 View Post
                        What is Fable
                        Fable is one of the best adventure-rpg games for the original XBox and PC (has been remade for Xbox 360).

Comment

• oh never heard of it, probably because i hate rpgs

Comment

• It's less of a classic RPG. More of an Action Adventure with minor RPG elements. Like a cross between Zelda and KOTOR.

Comment

• Resident Evil: Revelations tops 1 million sales on console, PC

Proving that fan affection for Resident Evil is as undying as the franchise's hordes of shambling corpses, Capcom has announced that the high-definition remake of Resident Evil: Revelations has surpassed 1 million total sales.

Our review of Revelations, a console and PC remake of the original 3DS game, describes it as a successful, if middling port: "Resident Evil fans will want to see the story, and will forgive the design flaws and wacky dialogue. For everyone else, the game doesn't hold the HD spotlight well. This was a quality handheld title, but on a larger screen it falls into the middle of the pack."

A post on Capcom Unity announced the sales numbers: "Just a quick little pat on the back for RE Revelations – the console/PC versions have passed the 1 million mark in worldwide sales and are currently sitting pretty at 1.1 million overall." As we reported earlier, both Dead Rising 3 and Monster Hunter 4 have passed the million shipped and sold marks, respectively.
                              http://www.joystiq.com/2014/02/07/resident-evil-revelations-tops-1-million-sales-on-console-pc

So glad to read this, as RE: Revelations is the last RE game I really enjoyed. RE5 was fun as a co-op game, but other than that I didn't care much for it. Hopefully, with the success of RE: Revelations they'll get back to making RE an actual survival horror series.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

• Artist transforms classic video games into romance novel covers

Comment

Working...
                                X