Final Fantasy Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SocializingMogo View Post
    FF8s gameplay is fine if you simply refrain from using magic. It's weird for a JRPG to simply stock magic to raise your stats is counter-intuitive but with this in mind the level system is very cool.
    However the story is horrible. Squall is just one facepalm after another.

9 has other problems though. The random encounter rate is just too damn high. Other other step triggers a battle. Very tireing.
    I don't have so much of a problem with the magic system itself. THE WAY THEY WENT ABOUT HOW THEY TIED YOUR STATS TO MAGIC HOWEVER IS DIFFERENT.
    Not only can you triple or more your health in the first 3 hours of the game with changing a few tents into 99 Curagas across the board, but the way you can basically break every battle by doing a few card battles, change them into rare items or magics, and attach them all to your characters before you even think of going on the assassination mission. After that, just make Diablo learn the Enc_None ability and you can just wipe anything that's in your way. YOU CAN GET SQUALL'S BEST WEAPON BEFORE THE END OF DISC ONE FOR CHRIST'S SAKE.

There's nothing wrong with giving you the ability to be a little more prepared, but you usually don't get this kinda Game-Breaking Buffs until in the middle-to late game, and that's why it's mostly unbearable to me. Because it's not a fun game if it's not a challenge to you.
    As the seventh seal is broken, the four shall ride once more. Bringing the wrath of War

But what starts with War, ends with Death

Comment

Then don't use this cheat.

Comment

It's not a cheat. It's regular gameplay.

Comment

Then don't use this cheat.
          Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
          It's not a cheat. It's regular gameplay.
          Exactly, if you know how to exploit the game early, why wouldn't you want to? You shouldn't have to limit yourself to enjoy a poorly designed game.
          As the seventh seal is broken, the four shall ride once more. Bringing the wrath of War

Comment

Well, it just so happens I purchased FFX/X-2 HD Remastered about a week ago and boy do I feel disappointed. I mean -nostalgia aside- I know it's a great game and all, but they hardly did anything other than clean up the faces (only the playable characters) a little and edit some of the soundtracks. At this point I feel Final Fantasy is just rehashing things for a little extra cash at the expense of the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by WildArms View Post
              Well, it just so happens I purchased FFX/X-2 HD Remastered about a week ago and boy do I feel disappointed. I mean -nostalgia aside- I know it's a great game and all, but they hardly did anything other than clean up the faces (only the playable characters) a little and edit some of the soundtracks. At this point I feel Final Fantasy is just rehashing things for a little extra cash at the expense of the fans.
              You can't forget that you also now have the international version. Enjoy fighting the Dark Aeons and Penance. You also have to remember you obtain a cinematic cutscene transitioning between X and X-2, along with X-2 itself being Remastered (also the international version) along with the extra mission after that.

That being said, just because they only made a few things look nicer, you still get that much more content for not even full price.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Dragon01 View Post
                You can't forget that you also now have the international version. Enjoy fighting the Dark Aeons and Penance. You also have to remember you obtain a cinematic cutscene transitioning between X and X-2, along with X-2 itself being Remastered (also the international version) along with the extra mission after that.

That being said, just because they only made a few things look nicer, you still get that much more content for not even full price.
                Yeah, I did overlook that tidbit. lol

Comment

Vaan is better than Tidus, the sphere grid is much more logical and intuitive, and the world isn't as linear as X or XIII. The gambits I could live with.
                  The fuck? Vaan was just a tag along with no character other than "I want to be a sky pirate" which he becomes in like the first act. I loathe Vaan with a passion. Tidus was an actual character that went through change and growth and actually contributed to the plot.
                  MEH

Comment

Yeah, he also laughed like this:

+ YouTube Video
                    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Vaan was pointless, but at least he wasn't an annoying douche.

Comment

I found Vaan pretty annoying. At least Tidus grew during the story.

Comment

Vaan is better than Tidus, the sphere grid is much more logical and intuitive, and the world isn't as linear as X or XIII. The gambits I could live with.
                        Yeah, he also laughed like this:

+ YouTube Video
                        ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Vaan was pointless, but at least he wasn't an annoying douche.
                        I found Vaan pretty annoying. At least Tidus grew during the story.
                        As much as I can agree that parts of X were fairly awkward (laugh scene included), that doesn't mean that Tidus didn't advance the plot. He was a character, a person with his own problems (daddy issues sure, but problems) and actually grew past them and developed as time went on and grew with other characters.

VAAN AND PENELO HOWEVER, are two characters that only existed because the game needed idiots to explain the story and the lore along with anything that required said explanation. If you changed the central plot around Balthier and Fran actually being the sky pirates they claimed to be, not much of the game would've changed.

Comment

After two long years of stopping and restarting the game I've finally beaten Final Fantasy IV. It's right up there with VII in my opinion. Next up is to finish X and X-2, then VII or IX.

Comment

Final Fantasy VI is the greatest game in the history of Final Fantasy. Others need not apply. Go home and stroke your moogles.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
                              Final Fantasy VI is the greatest game in the history of Final Fantasy. Others need not apply. Go home and stroke your moogles.
                              I disagree with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Dragon01 View Post
                                I disagree with this.
                                Well, hundreds of scholars from around the world have tirelessly plugged away at the empirical data and they say Final Fantasy VI is the greatest Final Fantasy of all time. You can argue with them

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X