• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Andrew NDB
    Shot Caller

• Andrew NDB
    replied
    The trailer for Final Fantasy XVI. Looks OK. More action stuff like the last game... this time going full medieval. I suspect "Game of Thrones" was the full-on inspiration for this.

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Probably will come out in 12 years.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew NDB
    Shot Caller

• Andrew NDB
    replied
    In VII Remake I'm up to the Hell House in Wall Town and keep dying. Very frustrating.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew NDB
    Shot Caller

• Andrew NDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
    Yeah, XII is better than X, X-2, XIII and its sequels.
    That's pretty high praise. I played a bit into XII the first time around but sort of lost interest after a couple of days. They weren't really selling me on the characters at the offset. Also... the design of the main character is pretty offputting. It's even more weirdly impish and feminine than Tidus'. What is it with Square wanting to make all the main dudes look increasingly more like 90s Meg Ryan?

That said, I did buy FF XII: The Zodiac Age remaster for PS4, but it's been sitting by the TV for a year now. I haven't even opened it.

Originally posted by Parrylakks View Post
    Played through the Ifrit cave last night. The remaster looks very good; the new character models are well integrated, and the FMV up scaling is crisp and clean. Some of the backgrounds are unfortunately blurry, though, making the new models stand out a bit too much, but such as it is. My only real complaint so far is that they've removed the gunblade vibration feature. At first I just assumed it was set to be off by default, but alas, there is no option to turn it on in the Config section of the menu. A minor annoyance, but still. Regardless, I think it should prove to be a fantastic ride through memory lane. Plus, all the trophies seem simple enough, so it should be an easy platinum.
    That's dumb, why would they remove the gunblade vibration? Maybe they can patch it in later, at any rate.

My ratings of the FF games in order of best to worst:

IV
    VI
    VIII
    IX
    VII
    X
    XV
    XIII
    II
    V
    XII
    III
    I

It doesn't make much sense for me to include XI or XIV in the listing, as they're MMORPGs. I mean, I spent years and years playing XI (just a bit playing the first incarnation of XIV) but that doesn't make it the best FF game.

Also, I really loved that FF IV: The After Years is a thing. That really made me happy to play through.

Leave a comment:

• Parrylakks
    Neko Samurai

• Parrylakks
    replied
    Played through the Ifrit cave last night. The remaster looks very good; the new character models are well integrated, and the FMV up scaling is crisp and clean. Some of the backgrounds are unfortunately blurry, though, making the new models stand out a bit too much, but such as it is. My only real complaint so far is that they've removed the gunblade vibration feature. At first I just assumed it was set to be off by default, but alas, there is no option to turn it on in the Config section of the menu. A minor annoyance, but still. Regardless, I think it should prove to be a fantastic ride through memory lane. Plus, all the trophies seem simple enough, so it should be an easy platinum.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew NDB
    Shot Caller

• Andrew NDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Parrylakks View Post
    Anyone else excited for the FFVIII remaster coming out next week?
    I've already decided it's gonna be my next platinum trophy.
    I'll get it for sure. I wonder it it breaks the disc 4 thing, where you can't go back to certain towns anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Parrylakks
    Neko Samurai

• Parrylakks
    replied
    Anyone else excited for the FFVIII remaster coming out next week?
    I've already decided it's gonna be my next platinum trophy.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew NDB
    Shot Caller

• Andrew NDB
    replied
    I beat Final Fantasy XV. Eh... not bad, but the "open world" it provides is largely an illusion. Overall I think even XIII entertained me more.

Leave a comment:

• SocializingMogo
    Corps Honor Guard

• SocializingMogo
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr.Dragon01 View Post
    I disagree with this.
    I disagree with you disagreeing.

Leave a comment:

• JohnnyV
    Pictionary Master

• JohnnyV
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr.Dragon01 View Post
    I disagree with this.
    Well, hundreds of scholars from around the world have tirelessly plugged away at the empirical data and they say Final Fantasy VI is the greatest Final Fantasy of all time. You can argue with them

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Dragon01
    Ghost of the Flashchat

• Mr.Dragon01
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
    Final Fantasy VI is the greatest game in the history of Final Fantasy. Others need not apply. Go home and stroke your moogles.
    I disagree with this.

Leave a comment:

• JohnnyV
    Pictionary Master

• JohnnyV
    replied
    Final Fantasy VI is the greatest game in the history of Final Fantasy. Others need not apply. Go home and stroke your moogles.

Leave a comment:

• Marvelous Iggy
    God Of Turtles

• Marvelous Iggy
    replied
    After two long years of stopping and restarting the game I've finally beaten Final Fantasy IV. It's right up there with VII in my opinion. Next up is to finish X and X-2, then VII or IX.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Dragon01
    Ghost of the Flashchat

• Mr.Dragon01
    replied
    Vaan is better than Tidus, the sphere grid is much more logical and intuitive, and the world isn't as linear as X or XIII. The gambits I could live with.
    Yeah, he also laughed like this:

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Vaan was pointless, but at least he wasn't an annoying douche.
    Originally posted by SocializingMogo View Post
    I found Vaan pretty annoying. At least Tidus grew during the story.
    As much as I can agree that parts of X were fairly awkward (laugh scene included), that doesn't mean that Tidus didn't advance the plot. He was a character, a person with his own problems (daddy issues sure, but problems) and actually grew past them and developed as time went on and grew with other characters.

VAAN AND PENELO HOWEVER, are two characters that only existed because the game needed idiots to explain the story and the lore along with anything that required said explanation. If you changed the central plot around Balthier and Fran actually being the sky pirates they claimed to be, not much of the game would've changed.

Leave a comment:

• SocializingMogo
    Corps Honor Guard

• SocializingMogo
    replied
    I found Vaan pretty annoying. At least Tidus grew during the story.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Heide
    Heide Finition

• Michael Heide
    replied
    Yeah, he also laughed like this:

+ YouTube Video

Vaan was pointless, but at least he wasn't an annoying douche.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X