X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good movie. I enjoyed it.

Comment

Gran Torino (2008)

Glad I finally saw this. Good stuff. I was surprised by the ending.

Comment

I remember watching that and doing an analysis of it as part of my captivity narratives studies class in college.

Anyway:

King Solomon's Mines (1950)

"I've never taken a woman on safari."

First several minutes were unpleasant (as I loathe the killing of animals for sport/fun), but otherwise the cinematography was amazing, the characters certainly deep, and the story was good (woman searching for her lost husband). The twist later on was unforeseen, because I was expecting something in the other direction, and was pleasantly surprised.
        Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

John Carter- This wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It wasn't great, but it wasn't awful either, although there was too much of a lull in the action in the middle. It kind of put me to sleep at that point.

Comment

Invasion of Astro-Monster (1965)

"Water is more precious than gold."

Not as good as Three Headed Monster, but Ghidorah returns to raise hell, this time as part of a bait-and-switch with some alien douches. Overall, pretty good.
            Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

Seven (1995)

Good film, Morgan freeman, that dude who he worked with and Kevin Spacey were great in it. The funny thing is that I actualy sympathised with Kevin Spacey at one point and kinda got why he was killing these people and his logic behind it. Sometimes I seriously think I couldbe a phsyco.
              Originally posted by IonFan
              (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
              Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
              If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
              Originally posted by Quaker
              I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

It was a good movie. A bit long and bloody, even by Tarantino standards, and some of the physics behind those gunshots were questionable, but overall an entertaining, tense, and darkly humorous film. DiCaprio and Waltz were both brilliant, Foxx was enjoyable, and I love how Walton Goggins appears to be the go-to redneck for Hollywood nowadays. I wasn't sure what to make of Samuel L. Jackson's character though, he seemed to flip-flop between Uncle Tom and Wormtongue.

Comment

Originally posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
                  I wasn't sure what to make of Samuel L. Jackson's character though, he seemed to flip-flop between Uncle Tom and Wormtongue.
                  I could be wrong but I think that is the point behind his character. This idea that in public he keeps the appearance of a good man servant for the family but secretly he is manipulating the dumb whiteys behind the scenes.

Sig made by Zander Yurami

Comment

Originally posted by Scarecrow View Post
                    I could be wrong but I think that is the point behind his character. This idea that in public he keeps the appearance of a good man servant for the family but secretly he is manipulating the dumb whiteys behind the scenes.

Even if that was the point of his character, I wish they could've made it a bit more clear to begin with. We know almost nothing about his character, and then BAM! All of a sudden Sam's playing dark puppetmaster with DiCaprio, then back to being submissive, and we only ever see the darker side again right before he bites it. It just seemed like a bit of sloppy handling with almost no history to support such a character trait.

Comment

The Octagon (1980)

The ninja stuff is fun, but the voiceovers are annoying since apparently Norris' character thinks in reverberated, breathy whispers.

Originally posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
                      Even if that was the point of his character...
                      Spoiler warnings would've been nice, guys. I thought I was reading a standard spoiler-free comment.

Comment

Comment

Here Comes the Boom - It was okay. Kevin James gets a lot of flack but he's not bad. This movie is for families and as such, you know exactly where the laughs and emotional beats are going to be. Still, no complaints. It is what it is.

Comment

And

Comment

Looper

I found this movie to have shades of other movies like Terminator, Time Cop Back to the Future, etc.

3.5/5
                              You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Jack Reacher

" He who does not punish evil commands it to be done."-Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Working...
                                X