Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you have bought a "Parallax" series starring Hal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again. It would make a cool else worlds,but it had no place in the real continuity. Just like right now,DC has no idea how to handle Green Lantern.
    Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
      I thought we saw, in Guy's title, some evidence of GLs dying when their rings failed them.
      Hm, in "Emerald Fallout"? I don't remember now. That's where a ring-less Arisia showed up and wielded a big gun, wasn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
        Hm, in "Emerald Fallout"? I don't remember now. That's where a ring-less Arisia showed up and wielded a big gun, wasn't it?
        Probably. I thought I recalled Guy meeting up with Probert (I think that was his name) in space, and hearing tell of GL deaths due to the loss of power.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
          Probably. I thought I recalled Guy meeting up with Probert (I think that was his name) in space, and hearing tell of GL deaths due to the loss of power.
          I think it was all a mass-presumed death. Since many were stranded for a time, unable to let everyone know they were OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
            I think it was all a mass-presumed death. Since many were stranded for a time, unable to let everyone know they were OK.
            Well, in the instance I think I'm recalling, I thought Probert actually confirmed at least one specific death. If only my old comics weren't so hard to access right now, I'd try to track down what I'm remembering.

Comment

I think it was loose continuity. If you needed to show Parallax as the ultimate villian the he slaughter all the Green Lanterns and the Guardians. However if you were doing a redemption story he only stole thier rings,and the Guardians commited a mass sucide.

One huge unavoiadable fact. Killowog got toasted.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotten2thecorps View Post
                One huge unavoiadable fact. Killowog got toasted.

...and then, he broke Sinestro's neck. I really disliked the explanation that Hal really ended up killing a hard light construct created by Parallax. That was such a weak cop-out.

Comment

It would have been if it were anybody but Sinestro. He already proved he could make non green hard light constructs in Emerald Dawn 2. Plus Killing Sinestro was no big deal,he already help zap him to death back in Volume 2.

Now what was stupid in the Guardians yelling at him you can't use your power to reserct people......... Now here is Sinestro back from the dead.

That book was sooooooo flawed. Mars should send Johns a Christmas card every year for trying to polish that turd and make it even make a little sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post

...and then, he broke Sinestro's neck. I really disliked the explanation that Hal really ended up killing a hard light construct created by Parallax. That was such a weak cop-out.
                    I agree. And it seemed so unnecessary, too, given what was happening with the Spectre. Sinestro had come back from the dead there, once, and later (in JSA, I think) many of the Spectre's "victims" were returning from the grave. It would make total sense (given that we were told Sinestro and Parallax had worked together to bring about Hal's downfall) that Parallax, with access to the Spectre's power, might have made sure Sinestro stuck around at that point. Then we've got Sinestro back, but don't have to wonder why (if Sinestro was alive all along) he sat around doing very, very little all that time, as Hal's reputation was improved, the Guardians returned, etc. The fact that he picked that time to move would make more sense, because prior to then he had been dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
                      Why did you have to remind me about this piece of paper plate filled with drizzling shits? Did I piss in your cornflakes? I can't look at that without being disgusted with comics.

Comment

oh h@ll yeah, always did like crazy Hal

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

They could have gotten a good comic out of that, keeping Hal in space and Kyle on Earth.

Comment

Working...
                          X