Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you want as the villain in The Amazing Spider-man 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spectremjm View Post
    It might not matter who we want, since they are building toward Norman Osborn seemingly anyway (including starting with Gwen and keeping Norman unseen in the 1st movie).
    well since they picked a young actor to play as PP ( btw) we may get more then 3 movies out of him........

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
      well since they picked a young actor to play as PP ( btw) we may get more then 3 movies out of him........
      I sure hope we go more than three films without annother reboot, they begin to get tiring. Plus it increases the chances of seeing Venom in one of them.
      Originally posted by IonFan
      (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
      Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
      If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
      Originally posted by Quaker
      I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
        I sure hope we go more than three films without annother reboot, they begin to get tiring. Plus it increases the chances of seeing Venom in one of them.
        we've seen Venom, it's time for someone else to get time in the limelight

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Hobgoblin, unlike Green Goblin Hobgoblin and specifically Kingsley is a formidable and dangerous opponent instead of a frothing at the mouth maniac

Originally posted by Plastroncafe
          Freedom of Speech does not mean Freedom From Being Called Out For Spouting Bullshit.

Comment

Half of Batman's rogues gallery says hi.
            Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Hybrid Lantern View Post
              Black Cat IMO doesn't work as a villain.
              I concur.
              You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                we've seen Venom, it's time for someone else to get time in the limelight
                I want a good version of Venom. Not a black suit story with no venom logo until the symbiote bonds with venom, and the darkest Peter gets is wearing his hair with a slightly longer fringhe, hitting MJ once, and wearing a black suit then going to a jazz club and dancs on the tables while doing stuff only spidey would do without anyone getting suspicious. Oh, and don't forget the stupid jazz song in Peters head where he dances in the street and clicks his fingers then goes into a clothes store and comes out five seconds later wearing a black suit. As superhero films go, spider-man and spider-man 2 were as realistic as they could be, but although Spider-man 3 had it's highlights (the fight between black suit spidey (when wearing a cardigan and jeans) and Harry was awesome!), there was so much error. Plus the villains were all wrong in spider-man 3 with the exception of Venom. It'd have been quite odvious that spidey 3 needed a second villain, but why Sandman a Harry Osborn on a ski mask and flying skateboard? While I liked New Goblin, he was knocked out and with amnesia for half the film for christs sake. Sandman was unessissary, should have chosen Lizzard over him, but really, as much as I liked New Goblin, I'd sooner have had Harry as Hob Goblin or Green Goblin as the first villain against black suit spidey (with the iconic venom logo) and then Venom come along half way accross the film, have him mortaly wound Harry, then after that, it'd have been the same as spidey 3 for Harry, and he'd be scared and at the end of the film, he assists spidey in stopping Venom.

As for Venom himself, he barley got much screen time, and Sandman even got more time on screen. spidey needed to ditch the black suit a bit earlier on in the film, and then for the next phase of the film, have Venom tourment Peter. Would have been better with just meeting up with Sandman and kidnapping spideys girlfreind at the end. I thought the animated series covered the Venom saga alot better than spider-man 3.

In ASM3, I'd like to see thm take a more realistic way with Venom, and use the ultimate universe version of the story. And I'd also like Green Goblin or Shocker and the second villain to keep black suit spidey occupied until venom comes along.

As for black suit spidey, instead of turning into a jazz emo, make him a more ruthless vigulantie. Like in the animated series, there was a scene where black suit spidey almost killed Shocker buy dropping him out a window and killed him, it's be cool if they adaptated that into ASM3.

Yes black suit spidey and Venom've been done before, but not as well as it could have been.
                If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.

Comment

It's too soon for another Venom movie, especially since most of us still have a bad taste in our mouths left over from Spidey 3. Venom (Eddie Brock) would work best as a set-up to the next movie. They could introduce his character just to plant the seeds.

Shocker and Hydroman are secondary villains that couldn't carry their weight as major role baddies.

From that list, I'd vote for Hobgoblin. Where is Mysterio? He never gets any love.

Comment

In Deadpool's eyes Mysterio is the Kitty Pryde of the Spidey world. We all know he is awesome but he can't fathom why.
                    I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Damit, both you and JV want Mysterio. Yet again I forgot.
                      No one to blame but yourself

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by sylent_asassin View Post
                        It's too soon for another Venom movie, especially since most of us still have a bad taste in our mouths left over from Spidey 3. Venom (Eddie Brock) would work best as a set-up to the next movie. They could introduce his character just to plant the seeds.

Shocker and Hydroman are secondary villains that couldn't carry their weight as major role baddies.

From that list, I'd vote for Hobgoblin. Where is Mysterio? He never gets any love.
                        But fans like me are still yearning for a Venom done properly.

No, Hydroman wouldn't be able to carry it off, his powers wouldn't work either. But Shocker could work in the same way Bane in TDKR did. We all naturaly thought Riddler would be in TDKR and villains like Bane wouldn't be able to pull a film off as the main villain, but we were proven so wrong. As a result of Nolans risk on Bane and making him just plain awesome, he has made Bane my favourite batman villain, even over taking the Joker. Now I think that Shocker if "edited" the same way Bane was in TDKR then he'd be a fantastic villain. But really, I'd enjoy seeing shocker as the villain black suit spidey would deal with while in the black symbiote suit and then would get pretey much screwed by Venom. Plus Shocker's a much more realistic villain than Lizzard, Hydroman, or even Venom himself. Especialy seeing it seems to be films fashion to go the gritty realistic route (aceept the Avengers for example), Shocker would be a great vilain to use. If I were making a spidey film and Venom and GG had already been used or cannot be used for some reason, I'd use Shocker. I'd also like to see Scorpian and Hobgoblin used.
                        Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
                        No one to blame but yourself
                        You're too kind.

Comment

No, Hydroman wouldn't be able to carry it off, his powers wouldn't work either. But Shocker could work in the same way Bane in TDKR did. We all naturaly thought Riddler would be in TDKR and villains like Bane wouldn't be able to pull a film off as the main villain, but we were proven so wrong. As a result of Nolans risk on Bane and making him just plain awesome, he has made Bane my favourite batman villain, even over taking the Joker. Now I think that Shocker if "edited" the same way Bane was in TDKR then he'd be a fantastic villain. But really, I'd enjoy seeing shocker as the villain black suit spidey would deal with while in the black symbiote suit and then would get pretey much screwed by Venom. Plus Shocker's a much more realistic villain than Lizzard, Hydroman, or even Venom himself. Especialy seeing it seems to be films fashion to go the gritty realistic route (aceept the Avengers for example), Shocker would be a great vilain to use. If I were making a spidey film
                          All of this is shitty.

Comment

I knew you'd be positive about this and be tactfull.

Comment

Here, I'll break the shittiness down:

No, Hydroman wouldn't be able to carry it off, his powers wouldn't work either
                              According to what?

But Shocker could work in the same way Bane in TDKR did
                              Nolan's Bane was actually worse than regular Bane.

We all naturaly thought Riddler would be in TDKR and villains like Bane wouldn't be able to pull a film off as the main villain, but we were proven so wrong.
                              No, you were proven wrong; some of us didn't even hear about Riddler being considered for the film. I didn't until after it had left theaters. And Bane could barely get shit done: "Oh, we've got a nuke and our plan is to nuke Gotham? Let's turn it into a fake rogue nation for five months for no fucking reason!"

As a result of Nolans risk on Bane and making him just plain awesome
                              If by "awesome" you mean "ridiculous," yeah.

Now I think that Shocker if "edited" the same way Bane was in TDKR then he'd be a fantastic villain
                              More like "fantastic at being fucking lame."

Plus Shocker's a much more realistic villain than Lizzard, Hydroman, or even Venom himself. Especialy seeing it seems to be films fashion to go the gritty realistic route (aceept the Avengers for example), Shocker would be a great vilain to use
                              They're superhero action films taken from comic books. There isn't shit about them that's "realistic."

Comment

:Moderator:

Well Agent Purple, pretty sure millions of people would disagree on your opinion of Bane. The movie did pretty well, or so I hear, and I don't recall any major backlash against Bane being made anywhere.

I agree with Deadpool on his opinion of Shocker. While I only know him from the 90's cartoon, he could be a decent movie villain. Look what Ironman 2 did with Whiplash, a guy I hadn't paid any attention to at all (still don't, mind you, but I haven't seen IM2).

Besides, the story isn't about Shocker, it's including Shocker.
                                sigpic
                                Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Working...
                                X