Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It breaks my heart, but my expectations for Netflix's Sandman series are SUPER low. From floppies to absolute format, I've bought that series 4 times since 1987 and I should be the main audience for this show. Yet I know they are going to ruin it like they do every other beloved franchise.

Comment

• Lorne Balfe Scoring Jaume Collet-Serra ‘Black Adam’

Lorne Balfe (Black Widow, Mission: Impossible – Fallout, Top Gun: Maverick, His Dark Materials, The Wheel of Time, The LEGO Batman Movie) is composing the original music for the upcoming superhero movie Black Adam. The film is directed by Jaume Collet-Serra (Jungle Cruise, Non-Stop) and stars Dwayne Johnson, Aldis Hodge, Pierce Brosnan, Noah Centineo, Quintessa Swindell, Sarah Shahi, Marwan Kenzari and Bodhi Sabongui. The movie tells the story of the titular anti-hero who first appeared in DC Comics in the 1940s as a power-corrupt villain and slowly became an anti-hero by the 2000s, known for his disregard of rules and conventions. Adam Sztykiel (Rampage, Scoob!) and Rory Haines & Sohrab Noshirvani (The Mauritanian) wrote the screenplay. Johnson is also producing the project with Dany Garcia & Hiram Garcia (Red Notice, DC League of Superpets) for Seven Bucks Productions, as well as Beau Flynn (San Andreas, Journey to the Center of the Earth). Black Adam will be released in theaters nationwide on October 21, 2022 by Warner Bros. Pictures.

Comment

• I don't think I'd have greenlighted a Batgirl movie in the first place. Not unless someone sent me a script that cried out to be filmed.

Let's see. A television series with a half-black Batwoman tanked, and a movie with a black Batgirl isn't even being released. Meanwhile, a Black Canary movie starring Jussie Smollett's sister, and movies with a Latino Supergirl and a Latino Blue Beetle, are probably getting canceled.

Something seems to be similar about all those projects, but I can't quite put my finger on what it is.

Hmm. Maybe its the idea that all you have to do is replace a white heterosexual protagonist with a minority member, and the market will throw money at you.

https://www.ign.com/articles/supergi...girl-cancelled
        Trey Strain
        Guardian of the Universe
        Last edited by Trey Strain; 08-04-2022, 03:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
          I don't think I'd have greenlighted a Batgirl movie in the first place. Not unless someone sent me a script that cried out to be filmed.

Let's see. A television series with a half-black Batwoman tanked, and a movie with a black Batgirl isn't even being released. Meanwhile, a Black Canary movie starring Jussie Smollett's sister, and movies with a Latino Supergirl and a Latino Blue Beetle, are probably getting canceled.

Something seems to be similar about all those projects, but I can't quite put my finger on what it is.

Hmm. Maybe its the idea that all you have to do is replace a white heterosexual protagonist with a minority member, and the market will throw money at you.

https://www.ign.com/articles/supergi...girl-cancelled
          I hate race swapping but they could of had Gordon in a interacial marriage. I have no connection to batgirl but instead of casting for sake of equality they could at leaast make it believeable. Also the acress would fall under light skin black
          .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• She could have been cast bacause she was the best option avaiable. Not just because of her skin tone. People get so wrapped up in color now a days they forget that there is some talent involved when making movies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robinson View Post
              She could have been cast bacause she was the best option avaiable. Not just because of her skin tone. People get so wrapped up in color now a days they forget that there is some talent involved when making movies.
              Your not wrong in that regard about maybe being the best ill give you that but you cant deny theres a lot of race swapping. Be real is anyone going to read black batman? Also if it isnt political where do you see black batman now? Isnt it interesting they only do it for black history month and pride? Like remember before pride month they hinted Bruce beeing bi. Pride has been over yet nothing about bi Bruce. Not saying i want it but it is political. Its kind of like hey Fuck you your only good once sa year and Not monthly

Comment

• Comic fandoms in general are pretty petty and toxic so I wouldn't take their opinions on certain things with too much weight in general.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robinson View Post
                  Comic fandoms in general are pretty petty and toxic so I wouldn't take their opinions on certain things with too much weight in general.
                  Well todays ** comic fans*! Even * writers * are all activists .

Comment

• Hildur Guðnadóttir To Return For Todd Phillips’ ‘Joker: Folie à Deux’

Hildur Guðnadóttir is returning to score the upcoming psychological thriller Joker: Folie à Deux. The sequel to the 2019 Joker film, for which the composer received her first Academy Award, is directed by Todd Phillips and stars Joaquin Phoenix in the title role, Lady Gaga as Harley Quinn and Zazie Beetz who reprises her role of Sophie Dumond. They are joined by new cast members Brendan Gleeson, Catherine Keener, Jacob Lofland and Harry Lawtey. No plot details have been announced yet. Phillips (The Hangover, Old School) also co-wrote the screenplay with Scott Silver (The Fighter, 8 Mile). Guðnadóttir’s score from the first Joker movie has been released by WaterTower Music. Joker: Folie à Deux is set to be released on October 4, 2024 by Warner Bros. Pictures.
                    http://filmmusicreporter.com/2023/01...-folie-a-deux/

Comment

• Stefan L. Smith Scoring DC’s ‘Batman: The Doom That Came to Gotham’

Stefan L. Smith is the composer of the new DC animated movie Batman: The Doom That Came to Gotham. The film is directed by Sam Liu (Batman: The Killing Joke, The Death and Return of Superman) & Christopher Berkeley (Young Justice) and features the voice talent of David Giuntoli, Tati Gabrielle, Christopher Gorham, Patrick Fabian, John DiMaggio and David Dastmalchian. The Warner Bros. Animation production is inspired by the comic book series by Mike Mignola, Richard Pace & Troy Nixey and tells a 1920s-based tale that finds explorer Bruce Wayne accidentally unleashing an ancient evil, expediting his return to Gotham City after a two-decade hiatus. Jase Ricci (Teen Titans Go! and DC Super Hero Girls: Mayhem in the Multiverse) wrote the screenplay. Liu is also producing the project with Jim Krieg (Green Lantern: Beware My Power, Superman: Man of Tomorrow) and Kimberly S. Moreau (Legion of Super-Heroes, Batman: The Long Halloween). Smith’s previous scoring credits include the 2021 feature Lazarus and the animated shorts She Dreams at Sunrise and Haunt. He is also known for his work as a violist and has played on film scores including Spider-Man: No Way Home, Us, Nope, The Lion King, Encanto and Ghostbusters: Afterlife. Batman: The Doom That Came to Gotham will be released on Digital, 4K and Blu-ray on March 28, 2023 by Warner Bros. Discovery Home Entertainment.

https://filmmusicreporter.com/2023/0...ame-to-gotham/

Comment

• Bobby Krlic (The Haxan Cloak) Scoring Angel Manuel Soto’s ‘Blue Beetle’

Bobby Krlic (aka The Haxan Cloak) (Midsommar, The Alienist: Angel of Darkness, Returnal, Snowpiercer, Triple 9, Paper Girls, Seven Seconds) has been tapped to score the upcoming superhero movie Blue Beetle. The film is directed by Angel Manuel Soto (Charm City Kings) and stars star Xolo Maridueñ, Adriana Barraza, Bruna Marquezine, Belissa Escobedo, Susan Sarandon, George Lopez, Harvey Guillén, Elpidia Carrillo, Damián Alcázar and Raoul Max Trujillo. The movie based on the DC Comics character and revolves around teenager Jaime Reyes who gains superpowers when he encounters alien armor. Gareth Dunnet-Alcocer (Miss Bala) wrote the screenplay. John Rickard (Rampage, How to Be Single) and Zev Foreman (Antebellum, Colossal) are producing the project. Blue Beetle is scheduled to be released in theaters nationwide on August 18, 2023 by Warner Bros. Pictures.

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2023/04...s-blue-beetle/

Comment

• John Murphy To Score James Gunn’s ‘Superman: Legacy’

Director James Gunn (Guardians of the Galaxy, Super, Slither) has confirmed that he is reuniting with composer John Murphy (28 Days Later…, Sunshine, Kick-Ass, Les Miserables, Guess Who) on the upcoming super hero movie Superman: Legacy. The film is written and directed by Gunn and will star David Corenswet in the title role, Rachel Brosnahan as Lois Lane, Nicholas Hoult as Lex Luthor, Skyler Gisondo as Jimmy Olsen, Isabela Merced as Hawkgirl, Nathan Fillion as Guy Gardner and is also expected to feature an appearance by Milly Alcock as Kara Zor-El / Supergirl. Peter Safran (Aquaman, The Conjuring) is producing the project. Murphy has previously scored Gunn’s last two features, The Suicide Squad and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, and also worked with the director on The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special. Superman: Legacy is set to be released in theaters nationwide on July 11, 2025 by Warner Bros. Pictures.
                          https://filmmusicreporter.com/2024/0...perman-legacy/

Comment

Working...
                          X