Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Who should be the main villain in the sequel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Who should be the main villain in the sequel?

First, I couldn't find a thread or poll for this, so I thought I'd throw it out there. Ok, assuming Sinestro goes bad for the sequel, and all modern CBMs have at least two baddies, who should join Thaal Sinestro as Hal's nemesis in the sequel?
    Mongul
    9.52%
    Star Sapphire
    30.95%
    Atrocitus
    19.05%
    Larfleeze
    2.38%
    Major Force
    2.38%
    Anti Monitor
    2.38%
    Nekron
    2.38%
    Other (who?)
    30.95%

I'd prefer nobody, leave the focus on Sinestro, but if they HAD to, Star Sapphire might work, so the movie would have a theme of fighting people he used to be able to trust..

Comment

Star Sapphire would be cool too, but I think Mongul could be awesome.

Comment

Any of his Earth rogues. I could easily see Black Hand being used. Obviously without the heavy Blackest Night connections, but a very early version of Black Hand would be good in my opinion. Have a space villain and an Earth Villain.

Comment

I read a while back, when WB ordered a script for the sequel, that Sinestro wasn't going to be the villain. Which makes sense. I'd love to see the sequel be basically a "buddy movie" with Hal and Sinestro, and show how they break apart, and how Sinestro slides to evil, setting him up as the villain for the third movie of what would essentially be a Parallax Trilogy.

Comment

Black Hand without any ties to TBL is terrible, he was a joke for the longest time

She blinded me with SCIENCE!

Comment

You can make him a dark twisted and disturbed character without being tied to Blackest Night. Its not that hard of a concept.

Comment

i meant to pick anti monitor

Comment

Tattooed Man. I think his powers would look the most impressive in a live-action/CGI hybrid movie.

Comment

If there is going to be more than one, I would prefer that they both be characters we have already met, since then the movie won't feel so cramped trying to establish the background of a new character AND tell the story of his/her conflict with GL while trying to do some or all of the same with another character. I'm already a bit leery about having two main villains in THIS movie.

Comment

I say Black Hand but I'm pretty sure that it's going to be Star Sapphire.
                      In blackest day or brightest night,
                      ...Watermelon, cantaloupe, yadda yadda,
                      Erm...superstitious and cowardly lot,
                      With liberty and justice for all! - Duck Dodgers

Comment

Star Sapphire, Mongul, Atrocitus and Larfleeze I wouldn't mind seeing but really just Star Sapphire and Sinestro are fine with me.
                        No Sir, I punched the viceroy in the stomach, then I headbutted him in the face. Sir.-Hal Jordan

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU

Comment

The Sinestro Corps. I want some epic ring battles on screen.

Comment

Two things:
                            Obviously the Weaponers, (the original Geonosian before there ever were Geonosian ) they now secretly build Sinestro a Central Battery /Lantern to harness Parallax as Sinestro builds and recruits his secret army behind the Guardian’s backs.

Across the cosmos every vile despot, fear monger and tyrants finds themselves confronted with a glowing and inviting yellow ring.

Meanwhile on Earth an “ancient” and now sentient Manhunter (one of many)has tracked down and arrested Hal Jordan in the name of justice.

The Manhunters return would be the initial threat, what Sinestro uses to justifie his own army, one willing to go where the Green Lantern won’t.
                            Last edited by Guest; 05-05-2011, 03:46 AM.

Comment

I, Booster Gold, would like to point out that there is ZERO chance the Anti-Monitor would ever even have a chance in hell for being in a GL solo movie. Why? Becasue he was the villain in the original CRISIS. He's too big of a villain for something as simple as a GL centric film. We're talking about a villain who made his mark by destroying whole universes. No GL, not even the corps, would be able to stop him on their own in his ture form, so don't even try to think that he could ever be a villain in a GL sequel, because its just not going to happen... ever.

Also, Mongul was a Superman villain, so don't count on that one, either (he would be about as likely as Cyborg Superman showing up in a GL flick). And Major Force is a Kyle enemy. He never cossed paths with a GL before Kyle's run, so logic would dictate we won't see him until we see Kyle, which won't happen until Hal gets... "infected" ... god, I hate saying that, Skeets.

~I know, sir. Its ridiculous.~

As for Atrocitus, Larfleeze, and Nekron... like Major Force its way too soon. Don't count on seeing them in a film any time soon, especially not the next one. So of the listed villains, Star Sapphire is the only one who even has a remote chance... and since rumors are abound that they've set Carol up for such in this film, it would seem she is, in fact, a good possibility. That said, however, the thought that any villain would need to accompany Sinestro has the antagonist of the next film is flawed, anyway. Its Sinestro... his fall can be the focus all its own.

In fact, I would suspect that, if anything, we may see some sort of Manhunter storyline revolving around Sinestro's corruption being revealed that leads to the whole Sinestro vs Hal dynamic that would centralize the film... posibly with Parallax playing a role in Sinestro's turn... damn! Thats just so wrong to say!

~Calm down, sir.~
                              I know, I know... its just that Geoff Johns has changed so much, its disturbing.
                              ~Indeed, sir. I agree it is startling.~
                              I need an aspirin.

Comment

Working...
                              X