Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome aboard, great to have you here. enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Ethan Van Sciver View Post
      Hi, Ethan here. I thought I should join this glorious forum and be among you, the people that I love. Please feel free to ask questions or leave comments on this thread for me, and I will check it nearly every day and respond.

Sinestro gets a bad rap,
      Ethan Van Sciver

If I didn't know better, I might think you were stalking me, from GL forum to GL forum...

-Don (really does know better)

Comment

Originally posted by Rayner90 View Post
        I love you

The cover for Rebirth #5 is one of my favorites
        Thanks, Rayner...! That cover was drawn under pressure in a hotel room during Wizard World Texas, 2005. My editor was literally outside my door, pacing, like an expectant father.

Which would make me a mother....

Anyhow, glad you liked it.

Comment

Originally posted by Raker616 View Post
          Hey EVS, wondering if there is anything we can do to get Moose back on GL it just isn't the same without him.
          Well, you can always make your feelings known on message boards that DC editors are likely to visit. DCComics.com, for example. Obviously, I love when Moose colors Green Lantern (or just my art in general) and I'd love to see his return.

Comment

Originally posted by ComicGeek View Post
            ETHAN!!!!!

omg, one question for you.

For all fans of Lantern you are the man people most associate with THE green lantern artist from your work on Rebirth and a few issues of the current series. And the Sinestro special was one of my favorites.

So why aren't you doing more GL? Or are there things that you know that we don't know that are coming? Hmmmm???
            Thanks! I would be working on Green Lantern forever if it weren't for the fact that the ONE PROJECT that could possibly tear me away was finally offered to me. And it's the project that I and many other creators have salivated over ever since I started working for DC Comics 10+ years ago, but knew could never happen. I MUST do it.

Green Lantern is something I hope I'll always be able to return to, especially while Geoff is writing it. I have to make my mark on this other thing though. You'll understand soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by The Kid Lantern View Post
              It's awesome to have all the pros around this place now. One more reason why I don't need the GJ forums anymore!

Ethan, Andrew mentioned a sketch he was getting from you with specific details in Kyle Rayner's costume. On commisions do you get a lot of requests for certain small details? Like say if I wanted a bald Superman in rehab drunk next to Britney Spears would that be too much?

~KL~
              I would probably look up at you quizzically from my table and say, "Um....is there something else you'd rather have?"

Comment

Thanks for coming by Ethan! I'm looking forward to meeting you at the show in NH you're doing. Scott Collins should be there too, so I'm pretty pumped to meet two guys that have been so heavily associated with my two favorite heroes.

BTW (and you problably can't answer this, but I'm gonna ask anyway!), is there any Barry Allen crossing your drawing board in the near future?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
                  Ethan, welcome. Love your art in GL and everything else I've seen. I especially loved your latest in JLA #20, that was amazing. I wish you could do Flash or WW more often.

One question; Do you care to comment on the idea of Guy as an Orange Lantern that you made over on the DCMB? A joke? Potential idea? Possible spoiler??? C'mon man, you can't tease us GL fans like that!!! lol

Oh, and on another note. I'd love to get a sketch of the Ion and Parallax entities from you some day. I want to tattoo them on my ribs.....
                  No comment!!!

Comment

Thanks! I would be working on Green Lantern forever if it weren't for the fact that the ONE PROJECT that could possibly tear me away was finally offered to me. And it's the project that I and many other creators have salivated over ever since I started working for DC Comics 10+ years ago, but knew could never happen. I MUST do it.

Green Lantern is something I hope I'll always be able to return to, especially while Geoff is writing it. I have to make my mark on this other thing though. You'll understand soon enough.
                    Oh could it be? Could the Big-E finally get plasticman? I keep hoping that you get your shot on that character.
                    Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

As you're an insider: are there plans for anything besides the GL and GLC monthlies with GL stuff? Like mini's, one shots (besides Rage of the Red Lanterns) or even another monthly?
                      Chamalkan
                      Sinestro's Sparring Partner
                      Last edited by Chamalkan; 05-14-2008, 03:44 PM.

Comment

No comment!!!
                        HA! Damn it, that could mean everything or nothing at all. I hate you!

Looking forward to all your future projects. GL and non GL related.

EVS + Geoff Johns = GENIUS.

Comment

Mr. Sciver - WELCOME!!

I had the honor of hanging out and talking with you and Moose at Comic-Con last year (picked up some awesome prints of Kyle-lax and Hal). What prints will you be offering this year since at Comic-Con 08?

Comment

Ethan, good to have you here. I have thoroughly enjoyed your work on GL, and look forward to seeing more of it. (I will say that I'm glad they have found a way to utilize you for special event stuff, since it seemed like your detailed style wasn't really conducive to a monthly book schedule. Not a criticism of you, as I would never want an artist to rush their art, just an observation. Plus adding your art to specials and stuff makes them even more special, IMHO.)

I did have a question, though. I'm not a real fan of gore, and felt that the scene with the eyeball bouncing off the girl's hand, and the partially-eaten guy stuffed in the Shark's mouth was too much for my personal taste, especially with your level of detail. Who makes the decision to go that grotesque route for an image? Is it the artist or the writer?

Comment

Can you confirm at least some level of involvement in Blackest Night or its family of titles/spinoffs/what-have-you at this point? Perhaps a lead-in special similar to the "Sinestro Corps War Special"?

Comment

I seriously hope this is the Plastic Man idea you've been trying to push at DC! I was really hoping you'd go and reboot Aquaman with somebody soon, the cover you did around issue 7 or 8 of the Water Bearer was AWESOME!

~KL~

Comment

Working...
                                X