Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Ehh...

Comment

I love McGregor. And Ramona Flowers is always good. Not sure about the rest of the cast, though, and cramming Harley into a Birds of Prey movie seems counterproductive. Especially if they're adamant on referencing Suicide Squad. Still, I liked the IT spoof in the trailer.

Comment

It's more like cramming the Birds of Prey into a Harley Quinn movie as Margot Robbie is the one that pitched this to WB, she wanted to a girl gang type of movie so they could've gone the Gotham City Sirens route instead.

Comment

Is the Harley Quinn movie and the Joker & Harley movie still happening?

This seems like a much cheaper, less interesting version of "Suicide Squad." And that wasn't very interesting.

Comment

So there were four Harley Quinn related projects reportedly in development:
            • Suicide Squad 2 - this was originally suppose to be a direct sequel but has been revamped a bit since Gunn took over. Depending on which report you believe Harley may or may not be in it.
            • Birds of Prey - I think this would be the Harley Quinn movie you're referring to as it's Margot Robbie's pet project.
            • Joker vs Harley - no news on this one since the original report.
            • Gotham City Sirens - this was suppose to be David Ayer's next DC movie (he didn't want Suicide Squad 2) but there's been no news since the original report aside from Ayer tweeting out a picture of Harley, Catwoman and Ivy like 2 years ago.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                Yikes. It's rare to see a mere poster evoke such an immediate sense of, "I don't want you to watch me."

Comment

^I'm up for any more live-action Harley. I would've preferred her to do the voice, but otherwise I thought Robbie was one of the strengths of Suicide Squad.

Comment

Robbie in Squad was hit or miss, like a bad Malkavian player in Vampire the Masquerade. Comic book Harley is a very peculiar crazy. Some of her scenes in the movie hit the nail on the head, others were completely random. I still don't get over that odd "that's not what the voices tell me" line.

Comment

I don't understand why she's on the team at all. You know, you can go down the list...

Does she have any superpowers? No.

Is she a good leader? No.

Is she well-trained in battle or fighting? No.

Is she sound-minded, or even sane? No.

There is no reason at all to put her on a team of any kind. She can swing a bat, kind of. That's it.

Sidenote: How sad is it that we're now getting the second Harley Quinn teamup movie before we've even gotten a single Batman movie? And it's been 6 years since the first Man of Steel with a second one nowhere in sight.

Comment

Trailer 10/1.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/birds...morrow-a170824

Tons of Harley centric posters, none of the other members of Birds of Prey.

Comment

Daniel Pemberton To Score Cathy Yan’s ‘Birds Of Prey’

Daniel Pemberton (Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, Steve Jobs, The Man from U.N.C.L.E., Ocean’s 8) has been hired to score the upcoming superhero movie Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn). The film is directed by Cathy Yan (Dead Pigs) and stars Margot Robbie who is reprising her role as Harley Quinn from Suicide Squad. She is joined by Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Jurnee Smollett, Ewan McGregor, Rosie Perez, Chris Messina, Ella Jay Basco and Ali Wong. Christina Hodson (Bumblebee) wrote the screenplay based on the DC Comics title created by Jordan B. Gorfinkel & Chuck Dixon. Robbie is also producing the project with Sue Kroll and Bryan Unkeless (I, Tonya, Bright). Birds of Prey is set to be released on February 7, 2020 by Warner Bros. Pictures.

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2019/09...birds-of-prey/

Comment

I could get into it. But I need to see a decent trailer.
                            Tell me you hate your boyfriend and love me.

INVISIBLE SKY DADDY TO THE RESCUE!!!

You don't have to be stupid to believe in God. But it helps.

You can tell a Yorkshireman....but you can't tell him much.

Comment

+ YouTube Video
                              ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

Working...
                              X