• Time
  • Show
Clear All

i like the Mongol/Warworld idea

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffi.Kaiser View Post
      I have said it before somewhere on here in regards to a Justice League movie that I think Mongol would be a great first villain.

You introduce him to the audience with Warworld as his own gladiator pit for his amusement. He comes to Earth because he has heard that we have received our first Green Lantern and he wants to inspect the world for any potential champions. He brings Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman and a few other super powered beings like Metamorpho, Plasticman etc to Warworld.

It gives them a legitimate reason to all be in one place at a time and to have a reason to form a team. Plus it gives us Mongol for a potential Lantern sequel.
      The only reason I'm against using Mongul or Darkseid in the first JLA movie is because the potential for a franchise. If makes sense to go from a collection of street level villains to an intergalactic villain, then to someone nearly unbeatable like Anti-Monitor or Nekron.
      Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
        The only reason I'm against using Mongul or Darkseid in the first JLA movie is because the potential for a franchise. If makes sense to go from a collection of street level villains to an intergalactic villain, then to someone nearly unbeatable like Anti-Monitor or Nekron.
        But a bunch of Street Level villains would be NOTHING against the combined forces of Flash, Lantern, Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman

Comment

For a first movie, perhaps Despero is leading a Starro invasion. Or, I believe that there was a prime Starro figure introduced back in R.E.B.E.L.S. so they could always do that. Darkseid should be a cap-off to the trilogy. The White Martians would be a good way to introduce J'onn to a line-up that doesn't already include him.

Comment

Originally posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
            The White Martians would be a good way to introduce J'onn to a line-up that doesn't already include him.
            I like this idea, but for a part 2. A white Martian invasion the way the Thanagarians invaded Earth on JLU would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
              I like this idea, but for a part 2. A white Martian invasion the way the Thanagarians invaded Earth on JLU would be great.

Well they did the White Martian invasion as the damned origin of the Justice League in the animated series. I figure enough young adults now have seen the cartoon to at least make the idea feasible.

Comment

Originally posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
                Well they did the White Martian invasion as the damned origin of the Justice League in the animated series. I figure enough young adults now have seen the cartoon to at least make the idea feasible.
                those were White Martian's

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
                  Aw, come on, man! Don't roll your eyes at me! Three eyes or not, at least Despero is a humanoid. Starro is a giant, floating, telepathic starfish with mini-starfish spores. Which one do you think would sell?
                  Yeah. People would never go for a movie with creepy, face-hugging aliens.

Seriously, though. I may not be typical, but I'd be more impressed by a movie alien that was a giant starfish with mind-controlling spores than one that was a big, purple human with a third eye and a fin-mohawk. I LIKE aliens that actually feel ALIEN.

Done right, I think something as alien as Starro could be a lot more menacing and disturbing than a three-eyed, one-finned, psychic, purple, people eater. (Yeah, I know, he doesn't eat people. But it just fit. )

Of course, the flip side is that the big, purple dude is harder to mess up.

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                    Nope, not that I can recall. I liked the Joining origin in "The Batman" cartoon.
                    Originally posted by IonFan
                    (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
                    Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
                    If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
                    Originally posted by Quaker
                    I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                      Actually no, I don't think they were. If I recall correctly they were somewhat VISUALLY reminiscent of the White Martians, but that's all.

Comment

But a bunch of Street Level villains would be NOTHING against the combined forces of Flash, Lantern, Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman
                        Oh, it could work. In the last few years, we've seen Luthor hospitalize Superman and Bane immobilize Batman in live-action movies. In the JLA-Doom animated flick, we saw a mostly-street level group get the upper hand on the JLA. It all comes down to solid writing.
                        Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

I guess me and you have different views on what street level is then. I don't think of Luthor when I hear Street Level. Bane, maybe.

Comment

I have said it before somewhere on here in regards to a Justice League movie that I think Mongol would be a great first villain.

You introduce him to the audience with Warworld as his own gladiator pit for his amusement. He comes to Earth because he has heard that we have received our first Green Lantern and he wants to inspect the world for any potential champions. He brings Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman and a few other super powered beings like Metamorpho, Plasticman etc to Warworld.

Batman is on Earth trying to figure out how to breach Warworld and release people. He brings the team together while they are onboard and as a team they break free and begin to push his forces off Planet.

You introduce more than just who is going to be the initial team so they have room to flesh out the movie universe.

It gives them a legitimate reason to all be in one place at a time and to have a reason to form a team. Plus it gives us Mongol for a potential Lantern sequel.
                            This is the best idea I've seen yet.

Originally posted by Gray Lantern View Post
                            I'm thinking Brainiac would work well as he can be a global threat, but he's not your typical alien invasion.
                            I think Brainiac should be left to the next Superman Movies and be used to introduce Kandor.

People love seeing superheroes fight (they even had it in Avengers). Why not take it to the next level. Atlantis vs Themyscria vs Kandor (A Trinity War if you may) for JL2 or 3.

It could lead to the disbanding of the JL and leave space for brand new Justice League characters to fill the void (Maybe legacy characters if they even wanted to)

Comment

I REALLY like the Mongul/Warworld idea, as well as throwing in a couple 2nd and 3rd stringers for background appearances and cameos.

As for Starro, I like the Morrison League origin where the more alien looking Star Conquerors invade Flash's old hometown [I think?] Blue Valley. Flash tries to stop the threat himself only to be the first metahuman who's taken by the aliens. The League forms because the Flash is one of the most powerful metahumans on the planet with his unmatched speed and could lead the aliens in taking over the world. Instead of using the Spectre to take their powers away and send the League in blind, they'd go in guns blazing making sure not to hurt the civilians enslaved by the Star Conquerors and give Batman time to do what Batman does best: use a planned assault on the Flash using frigid temperatures to knock out the alien tech and free his face as well as shut down the aliens base of operations...

~KL~

Comment

Doctor Light or Felix Faust, depending on whether the special effects and marketing people wanted to go for glitz or Harry Potter-esque.

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.

Comment

Working...
                                X