Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you feel that Geoff Johns is still pulling the strings on the GL books?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebirth was simply a laundry list of exactly what HEAT wanted. After that, it was all Geoff.

Comment

Originally posted by Spy Smasher View Post
      Rebirth was simply a laundry list of exactly what HEAT wanted. After that, it was all Geoff.
      Actually, pretty much every "Big Event" story he's ever written hasn't really been stories at all, but rather just him slowly going down a mental list of bullet points and "fixing" things he doesn't like about Hal's past. "Secret Origin" is almost completely unreadable because of this... he literally never slowed down on his bullet points to even bother telling a story.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
        Actually, pretty much every "Big Event" story he's ever written hasn't really been stories at all, but rather just him slowly going down a mental list of bullet points and "fixing" things he doesn't like about Hal's past. "Secret Origin" is almost completely unreadable because of this... he literally never slowed down on his bullet points to even bother telling a story.
        And I've never understood that. Just reboot the thing if you really have so many nits to pick with it. Don't "fix" it one nit after another for nine years.

Comment

For me his vendetta against the KYLE Rayner years was also a sticking point against me liking him, he almost single handedly killed off Kyles rogures gallery,killed his mom made him a killer seemingly to justify and explain Hals parallax era.

Comment

Originally posted by TEN_RINGS View Post
            For me his vendetta against the KYLE Rayner years was also a sticking point against me liking him, he almost single handedly killed off Kyles rogures gallery
            I'm positive that wasn't pure coincidence.

Comment

I'm positive that wasn't pure coincidence.
              No I didnt think so either.

Comment

Sometimes this message board makes me hope Goeff comes back to write Green Lantern. I mean he is already getting accused of being the puppet master,so if he is going to get blamed for running overGreen Lantern let him drive the actually car.

Until someone can offer some real proof that Goeff is pulling the strings it just sound like a bunch of sour grapes. I look at Amdrew's Memes and all I hear Jessie Ventura's voice from Conspiricy Theroy. I will admit though the Retcon Ball one was kinda funny.
                Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

Originally posted by Rotten2thecorps View Post
                  I mean he is already getting accused of being the puppet master
                  He absolutely is, and now is on the DCEU films as well. Geoff gets quoted talking about "I want all new DCEU movies to be about hope, and fun, and all of that" and suddenly every filmmaker and their mom is putting out interviews talking about how Flash, Cyborg, Shazam, and Wonder Woman 2 are all about "hope, and fun, and all of that" left and right.

Comment

He doesn't control what happens in detail in every comic. Of course not. But his fingerprints are on everything.

Comment

No one person should be in charge of all of DC's properties. The fact that a guy has good ideas for, say, Superman and Aquaman doesn't mean he'll have good ideas for every other property.

That's like having a television network with just one showrunner handling every show on the network.
                      Trey Strain
                      Guardian of the Universe
                      Last edited by Trey Strain; 08-09-2017, 11:56 PM.

Comment

He absolutely is, and now is on the DCEU films as well. Geoff gets quoted talking about "I want all new DCEU movies to be about hope, and fun, and all of that" and suddenly every filmmaker and their mom is putting out interviews talking about how Flash, Cyborg, Shazam, and Wonder Woman 2 are all about "hope, and fun, and all of that" left and right.
                        That doesn't HAVE to be Geoff controlling everything (though it could). That seems like a very natural line for all those people to take when talking about future films, given how poorly the public has reacted to some of their previous forays being so grim, gritty and dark. In other words, it sounds more like a bunch of people reacting to the same negative feedback in a reassuring manner.

Comment

Having all the characters grimacing on every cover -- does that predate Geoff? Anyway it seems to become mandatory under him.

Comment

no, if he was it wouldn't be down in sells

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

So we know that,

#1. Geoff Johns worked closely with Zack Snyder to develop the story of JL.

#2. Geoff Johns worked closely with Joss Whedon on his rewrite of the story of JL.

#3. We know now that either version of JL is basically a recreation of Geoff Johns' own New 52 "Justice League: Origin" story.

Can he finally go down with the ship this time? Please?

Comment

So we know that,

#1. Geoff Johns worked closely with Zack Snyder to develop the story of JL.

#2. Geoff Johns worked closely with Joss Whedon on his rewrite of the story of JL.

#3. We know now that either version of JL is basically a recreation of Geoff Johns' own New 52 "Justice League: Origin" story.

Can he finally go down with the ship this time? Please?
                                The Green Lantern movie had his fingerprints all over it, but he got his name removed from the credits as one of the producers and pulled a Houdini act in escaping all blame for it. So don't be surprised if he performs the same escape here.

He should also get the blame for the decline of the GL comics, but I bet he won't.

Comment

Working...
                                X