Announcement

Collapse

The point of this Forum Section

Some members are a little iffy on what should go in the Games & Humor forum section so.

Trivial games like "the person above you game" should be placed in this forum.

Humor of all kinds also belongs here, like the "Superman has a problem with kinky sex" thread.

What does not belong here would be things like video games, board games. Or humor coming directly out of comic books or discussion of books.

Boardgames and the like would go in the Action Figure and Toys section as could video games, though those could also be posted in the General Forum Section.

also any posts in this Forum Section do not count towards your post count.

Hope that helps!
See more
See less

Idea for the next draft

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it has to be based on a comic book, I guess I can't just repurpose my Plants vs. Zombies cartoon proposal. I MAY be in, but not if I don't think of a good idea first. Certainly don't wait on me.

Somebody should do Watchmen Babies:

Mister Ed
    Horse of a Different Color
    Last edited by Mister Ed; 11-06-2013, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
      Personally, Deadpool, I see no reason to exclude you, or to keep you from drafting an adult cartoon.

But I've always been one to lean toward the idea that there's no point in making a rule to exclude something that will tend to LOSE somebody votes. It seems clear that "adult" cartoons aren't what most people are thinking of here, so if they let you do that, the worst that would happen would be that people wouldn't vote for it.
      Why would it loose votes? Who wouldn't like an adult cartoon show for a change? Was Batman: Gotham Knight very popular? That's kinda what my idea would be for a show. Or maybe I'll do something in-between adult and child which would be about PG-13 (or 12 if you're a Brit like me) such as Hulk Vs. Wolverine.
      Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
      You're too old for it.
      Maybe I'm faking my age. (JK)
      Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
      If it has to be based on a comic book, I guess I can't just repurpose my Plants vs. Zombies cartoon proposal. I MAY be in, but not if I don't think of a good idea first. Certainly don't wait on me.

Somebody should do Watchmen Babies:

Yeah, I'll do a dark and gritty reboot of it with blood and guts everywhere.
      Originally posted by IonFan
      (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
      Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
      If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
      Originally posted by Quaker
      I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
        Why would it loose votes? Who wouldn't like an adult cartoon show for a change? Was Batman: Gotham Knight very popular? That's kinda what my idea would be for a show. Or maybe I'll do something in-between adult and child which would be about PG-13 (or 12 if you're a Brit like me) such as Hulk Vs. Wolverine.
        It wasn't.
        I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
          It wasn't.
          Oh...that's a shame, I actually liked that one. What about Hulk Vs. Wolverine?
          If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.

Comment

• Originally posted by Booster Beetle View Post
            6 characters, 1 Protagonist and 1 Antagonist and you draft the voice actor you want with each character
            So is that six characters including at least one protagonist and at least one antagonist? Or is it eight characters in total?

Comment

• Six characters including one protagonist and one antagonist, sorry for the confusion

EDIT: 6 is just the minimum you can have more if you so choose you'll just have to wait until the lightning round
              Booster Beetle
              Will break before he bends
              Last edited by Booster Beetle; 11-06-2013, 07:53 PM.

Comment

• Since I lost in the first round, I propose we do another draft

Comment

• We should totally do a Villain Draft

Comment

• I hate that idea. So dull, we just did a villain draft recently.

It's a Green Lantern forum and we haven't done a Green Lantern draft in a while. I propose something with a GL theme. Maybe drafting a Green Lantern Film or TV Show, draft a Green Lantern Storyline, something like that.

Comment

• Or maybe we do a pisstake of these dark and gritty reboots of recent years and do a reboot of a dark and gritty film, TV series, comicbook, or whatever and we make it childish, unrealistic, and silly.

Comment

• Sure you don't want to do a Green Bond Draft or maybe even a Doctor Lantern Draft?
                        I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
                          Or maybe we do a pisstake of these dark and gritty reboots of recent years and do a reboot of a dark and gritty film, TV series, comicbook, or whatever and we make it childish, unrealistic, and silly.
                          But some of those "dark and gritty" things were already childish, unrealistic, and silly, IMHO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
                            Sure you don't want to do a Green Bond Draft
                            Well, you could combine that with the villain draft, draft from Sinestro Corps members, and call it the Gold Bond draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                              Well, you could combine that with the villain draft, draft from Sinestro Corps members, and call it the Gold Bond draft.

Comment

• We should do a GL merchandise draft. Give everybody a budget, and then they have to see what combination of GL merchandise they can "draft" with that amount of money. No need to pick a certain number of slots. If you want to blow your whole budget on one thing that you think is cool enough to win by itself, go ahead. If you want to buy multiples of the same thing (a gross of GL party favors, say) that would also be OK, and you wouldn't have to list each one separately. Links will be required to prove that you can get your hands on it within budget (not counting shipping, since that would vary too much).

The above was a joke when I started typing it, but now it seems like a disturbingly viable idea. Quick, somebody shoot it down!

Comment

Working...
                                X