No announcement yet.

The Doctor Who Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had fun meeting Sylvester McCoy. I was able to get his autograph fairly quickly and I told him he was one of my favorite Doctors. I forgot to ask who his favorite Doctor was but then I thought I'll ask him when I get my picture taken with him. I forgot again, so I walked up to his booth again and met him a third time and asked him. He said that this favorite Doctor (other than himself) was Patrick Troughton, because that was his first Doctor. I also told him I liked The Fiveish Doctors and said it was to bad he wasn't in the 50th anniversary at which he put his finger beside his nose and said "Or was I"

He was very nice but he seemed a little tired and quiet. I posted the pic in the Gallifrey group. I love how it makes us look like we were in the TARDIS. Or I mean yeah that's where we were.
    Lantern of Gallifrey
    Senior Corps Member
    Last edited by Lantern of Gallifrey; 08-03-2014, 01:12 PM.
    Time,Space and Will Power

Comment

• Sounds like a really nice dude! Troughton you say, I'm not at all surprised actually, in fact it seems rather obvious now. And now I've just realised that it says that McCoy's favourite is Troughton on Wikipedia, I feel so stupid. Sorry for wasting your time Lantern of Galefrey.

I like his mysterious quality "or was I".

I can understand that, there were probably loads of people talking to him all day. Peter Davison, Colin Baker and obviously Matt Smith have also stated he'd their favourite. I think I'd guess Tom Baker is Tennant's favourite and Jon Pertwee is Christopher Eccleston's favourite. I'm also guessing Eccleston is McGann's favourite as he turned out to be what McGann wanted his doctor to be. Feel sorry for McGann.

[EDIT]: David Tenant's joint favourite doctors are T.Baker and Davison.
      Deadpool
      Fight like a man: with your words, not your fists.
      Last edited by Deadpool; 08-03-2014, 10:50 PM.
      Originally posted by IonFan
      (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
      Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
      If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
      Originally posted by Quaker
      I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

• Tennant has to say Davison is one of his favorites. He's his father-in-law. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern of Gallifrey View Post
          Tennant has to say Davison is one of his favorites. He's his father-in-law. lol
          Although, to be fair, I think he said it before he dated his daughter. I seem to recall an interview where he said he really got in interested in DW with #5. And I'm pretty sure that bit in Time Crash about him being the best was an actual nod by Tennant.

Comment

Tennant has to say Davison is one of his favorites. He's his father-in-law. lol
            lol
            Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
            Although, to be fair, I think he said it before he dated his daughter. I seem to recall an interview where he said he really got in interested in DW with #5. And I'm pretty sure that bit in Time Crash about him being the best was an actual nod by Tennant.
            This.
            If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.

Comment

• + YouTube Video
              ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I like it but could use a little less of the clock motif. Well I did it once but failed on my second attempt at a video. Here is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXOBHnWiinY

I'm excited
              Lantern of Gallifrey
              Senior Corps Member
              Last edited by Lantern of Gallifrey; 08-16-2014, 09:52 PM.

Comment

• Interesting.

Comment

+ YouTube Video
                  ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I like it but could use a little less of the clock motif. Well I did it once but failed on my second attempt at a video. Here is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXOBHnWiinY

I'm excited
                  This is fan made, is it?

Comment

• Yes, but rumour has it that the real version is heavily inspired by this fan made one save from the Seal of Rassilon and the picture of the Doctor in it. Apparently instead of seeing Capaldi's face in it we see the eyes like we did in Day of the Doctor.

Comment

• http://uproxx.com/tv/2014/08/the-new...gned-by-a-fan/

Comment

• Wow, this was a biiiig shock *sarcasm*

Comment

• Good. So was annoying as hell.

Comment

• I didn't dislike her but I wasn't overly fond of her either, she has a bit of a "ready salted" personality. I wonder if Moffat will cast a decent companion at some point, I doubt he will tough.

Comment

• I doubt I will ever find a companion as annoying as Donna, so to me she was fine. Not the best, but not the worst.

Comment

• Never really cared either way for Clara. I didn't really like the whole she was key to everything the Doctor has done, saved his life most important girl in the world thing but man I found her to be hot.

Comment

Working...
                                X