Mister.Weirdo's Memorial Thread For Those Who Will NOT Be Down For Breakfast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
    Seems kind of cold and morbid to have a generic death thread, but cest la vie ... or not.
    Personally, I find a single thread a lot less morbid than the proliferation of multiple threads. Cold? Maybe. Is it cold that newspapers lump most all of the non-famous obits into one section? I've never felt so, but that's the format I've come to expect from long experience.

Perhaps after a while this will seem less cold, and more of a convenience, a single place where those interested in the subject know to come to find this type of news (especially if it gets stickied)...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
      Personally, I find a single thread a lot less morbid than the proliferation of multiple threads. Cold? Maybe. Is it cold that newspapers lump most all of the non-famous obits into one section? I've never felt so, but that's the format I've come to expect from long experience.

Perhaps after a while this will seem less cold, and more of a convenience, a single place where those interested in the subject know to come to find this type of news (especially if it gets stickied)...
      Sensible.

Comment

• Yo.

Originally posted by Maverick_GL View Post
        Yeah...it's about that time.
        behold the power..................of Tazer!!

now that Ive given proper demonstration of my powah, I demand 72 Virginians & a cold, frost mug of Diet Shasta!!

*dbl-claps his hands*

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
        Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tazer View Post
          Yo.

behold the power..................of Tazer!!

now that Ive given proper demonstration of my powah, I demand 72 Virginians & a cold, frost mug of Diet Shasta!!

*dbl-claps his hands*

Tazer

Well, here are your Virginians...

...and here's your Diet Shasta, unfortunately I couldn't locate a mug...

Now go sit in your rocker and STFU, old man.

Comment

• Longtime GOP Senate moderate Arlen Specter dies

Comment

• RIP! Thanks for spotting that. I won't be able to do every famous person’s death, especially one's relating to politics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
                RIP! Thanks for spotting that. I won't be able to do every famous person’s death, especially one's relating to politics.
                Yeah, and they might not all rise to the status but Specter---love him or hate him---was certainly the political world's equivalent of "celebrity."

Comment

• Actor John Clive dies aged 79

http://www.guardian.co.uk/stage/2012...e-dies-aged-79

John Clive, who appeared in films including A Clockwork Orange, the Pink Panther and the Italian Job, has died at the age of 79.

The actor and author, who was also the voice of John Lennon in Yellow Submarine and went on to become an international bestselling author, passed away following a short illness, his family said on Monday.

For many, his most memorable turn was appearing alongside Michael Caine in the original 1969 version of the Italian Job in a scene said to have been ad-libbed by the pair.

Clive, playing the manager of a garage that has been looking after a sportscar belonging to Charlie Croker (Caine) while he has been serving a jail sentence, names the final bill as £200. Croker, who tells him that his absence has been due to time spent shooting tigers in India, hands over part of a sizeable wad of cash which has been stashed in the car's engine.

"Yes, you must have shot an awful lot of tigers sir," says Clive's character, licking his lips and counting the notes.

"Yes, I used a machine gun," replies Croker.

A year earlier, Clive had voiced the part of John Lennon in Yellow Submarine – a role that was controversially kept under wraps after the Beatles chose not to provide their own voices.

In 1971 he played the role of Tormenter, where he asked the lead character Alex to "lick his boots" in the cult classic A Clockwork Orange.

Clive also enjoyed extensive success with comedy roles, appearing in four of the Carry On films and two Pink Panther movies. He also appeared in such series as Rising Damp, The Sweeney and The Dick Emery Show.

His writing career resulted in the international bestseller KG200 and other similar "fiction-based on fact" books such as The Last Liberator, Barossa and another bestseller Broken Wings.

Clive is survived by two children from his first marriage - Alex and Hannah, a step-son Deane, and his second wife Bryony.

Comment

• Originally posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
                    Well, here are your Virginians...

...and here's your Diet Shasta, unfortunately I couldn't locate a mug...

Now go sit in your rocker and STFU, old man.
                    There are only FIFTY men in that painting and fewer than 10 are Virginian! A SHAM! A SHAM I SAY!
                    [center]

Originally posted by W.West
                    DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuhan View Post
                      There are only FIFTY men in that painting and fewer than 10 are Virginian! A SHAM! A SHAM I SAY!

Hey man, it's what the title said... calm down. ...And did you really have nothing better to do than count how many people were in that painting and then determine where they came from?

Comment

• Originally posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
                        Hey man, it's what the title said... calm down. ...And did you really have nothing better to do than count how many people were in that painting and then determine where they came from?
                        Believe it or not, we know exactly how many Virginians signed the Declaration of Independence (7).

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                          Believe it or not, we know exactly how many Virginians signed the Declaration of Independence (7).
                          Whos this "we" you speak of? I have no idea what the Declaration of Independence even is as far as I'm concerned it doesn't exist. :P

Comment

• HEY! I thought this was suppose to be the official "Obit" thread???

Comment

• Originally posted by The British Lantern View Post
                              Whos this "we" you speak of? I have no idea what the Declaration of Independence even is as far as I'm concerned it doesn't exist. :P
                              Originally posted by Abin Surly View Post
                              HEY! I thought this was suppose to be the official "Obit" thread???

Comment

• Yo.

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                                7 virgins signed the DoI?? how'd U find that little piece of trivia out?

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                                Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Working...
                                X