X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOOT WOOT WOOT!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
      DAMN!!!!!! Thanks XION! That fucking rocks, I can't wait!
      I concur.

Originally posted by methos View Post
      ok, that actually looks a lot more promising than Smallville has looked for a long time...

M

Very much so. Johns can fix anything.

Originally posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
      WOOT WOOT WOOT!
      I concur.

Comment

• Originally posted by xionice View Post
        I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited Johns is writing this episode. But the entire Season 8 of Smallville has been phenominal so far. Johns is just the icing on the cake. Smallville has been very tongue and cheek and hard to swallow for years. But it's always been a fun and cheesy little show.

Comment

Except his own fuck ups, apparently.
          Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

• I think it's been okay. Some episodes have rocked, others have not, but THIS. This is what I've been waiting for since JUSTICE.

Parrylakks- you're always so negative! Be happy

Comment

• I'm not a negative person... I'm just pissed that someone was able to make me dislike Green Lantern.

Comment

• I love Johns Green Lantern, so look of the positive in it. There must be SOMETHING you like, especially since he'll be writing it for the next century.

Comment

• Originally posted by methos View Post
                  ok, that actually looks a lot more promising than Smallville has looked for a long time...

M
                  I concur! To actually see Clark face an actual super-villain outside of his usual "They are villains, but we can have them blend into this real world environment." has me all excited... that and seeing the Legion!

Comment

• I got shivers from watching that. Its a good time I have all winter break to catch up before this happens

Comment

I love Johns Green Lantern, so look of the positive in it. There must be SOMETHING you like, especially since he'll be writing it for the next century.
                      The only moment in Johns' run that I actually really really liked was in issue #25... but with the parasite bug retcon Johns gave us 2+ years prior to that issue in Rebirth, it loses all of its emotional meaning, and is, thus, rendered quite pointless. That said, I was willing to continue giving Johns chances through all of his failures with the series until he presented his 8 year timeline and began retconning his own work... it was at that point when I finally allowed myself to admit Green Lantern had become a work of shit due to the writing of Geoff Johns... and I don't waste my money on shit... unless it carries the "Highlander" title.

Comment

• Originally posted by Parrylakks View Post
                        The only moment in Johns' run that I actually really really liked was in issue #25... but with the parasite bug retcon Johns gave us 2+ years prior to that issue in Rebirth, it loses all of its emotional meaning, and is, thus, rendered quite pointless. That said, I was willing to continue giving Johns chances through all of his failures with the series until he presented his 8 year timeline and began retconning his own work... it was at that point when I finally allowed myself to admit Green Lantern had become a work of shit due to the writing of Geoff Johns... and I don't waste my money on shit... unless it carries the "Highlander" title.
                        That last line is hilarious

Comment

• Did anyone else seriously fucking hate Doomsday?

while i think the special effects and costume were reasonably well done for the character, the entire backstory they have for Doomsday is so wrong it's pathetic...

i know Smallville is basically one big elseworlds, but they do at least try and keep the origins of heros / villains true to the comics... or they did until we got to Doomsday...

who was now created by Faora (Zod's wife... wtf, but thats another complaint) and is basically a mutant who's genetic material is stored inside the Paremedic git (can't remember his name) until he blacks out and Doomsday takes over...

anyone else spotting the similarities between this season of Smallville and Season 5 of Buffy?

in Smallville we have Doomsday, unstoppable killing machine who can only come out when a medic blacks out and 'releases' him... the end of the series will result in a massive fight on which Clark has to sacrifice everything for the people he loves...

In Buffy we had Glory, unstoppable killing machine who can only come out when a medic blacks out and 'releases' her... the end of the series will result in a massive fight on which Buffy had to sacrifice everything for the people she loved...

yeah... right... pathetic... just pathetic...

anyway... wtf is up with Doomsday being able to speak? he could never speak in the comics unless he was being controlled by someone...

And Doomsday in love? Doomsday can't feel love... he's a mindless, souless killing machine who's only objective is to kill, maim and destroy all life in the entire universe...

and again, wtf is up with Chloe? and why is 'doomsday' in love with Chloe? and why is 'doomsday' working with Brainiac...

so many questions and with such bad writing i seriously doubt we'll get good answers any time soon... hold on, i'll have a go at writing the outline for the next episode...

a group of people from the future, calling themself the Legion, come back through time to tell Clark not to go up against Doomsday yet because he's not ready... Clark tells them to get stuffed and goes after Chole anyway... in the midst of the battle, while Clark is getting his ass handed to him, The Legion intervene and turn the tide of the battle against Doomsday... during the battle, one of the Legion is seriously injured... Doomsday gets away and Clark has to face up to the reality that his choices killed someone...

yada, yada, yada... we all know whats coming... seriously people, get a clue and stop writing the usual teen angst with romance twists around supervillains that shouldn't meet Superman for another 10 / 20 years... if i wanted to see that i'd mix Dawsons Creek and Heroes DVD's up and watch that

M

Comment

That last line is hilarious
                            Well... how else can I justify why I own two versions of Highlander 5 and three versions of Highlander 2?

Not to mention the animated series.

Comment

• Originally posted by methos View Post
                              i know Smallville is basically one big elseworlds, but they do at least try and keep the origins of heros / villains true to the comics... or they did until we got to Doomsday...
                              You bitch slapped your own complaint right here... Elseworlds means they can do whatever the fuck they want.
                              Case in point: Alan Scott is a gangster who kills Hal Jordan while Carol Ferris falls in love with Kyle Rayner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Parrylakks View Post
                                You bitch slapped your own complaint right here... Elseworlds means they can do whatever the fuck they want.
                                Case in point: Alan Scott is a gangster who kills Hal Jordan while Carol Ferris falls in love with Kyle Rayner.
                                thats my point...

the fans recognise Elseworlds as being a fresh take on the storyline...

but the WB advertise Smallville as "The story of how Clark grew up to become Superman"... not at elseworld, not a retelling, this is supposed to be an origin story...

i know Superman's origins get retold every 5 years or so with a new spin, but at least they keep the major events straight and don't try and change everything to fit the new writers.

M

Comment

Working...
                                X