No announcement yet.

What Book Are You Reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesus, that's the exact kind of book I'd have on my shelf.

If I had space, you know. Too much other shit.
    Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• ^I'm running out of space for books (among other things) too. I have a bunch stacked on top of each other.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
        Eiji Tsuburaya: Master of Monsters by August Ragone

A book about the life of the cinematographer and special effects supervisor best known for designing Godzilla and creating Ultraman. I've been liking this more than I expected
        I have a hard time thinking you would expect to like it less than normal considering its subject matter.

Comment

• AP , QUIT PLAYIN WITH YOURSELF......YOU HAVE ONLY ONE WEEK LEFT TO GET CAUGHT UP ON THE MEG SERIES BEFORE NIGHSTALKERS COMES OUT

Now be a good boy and go find Uncle Doom some more Corgi Pics.

Comment

• Originally posted by MP-05 View Post
            I have a hard time thinking you would expect to like it less than normal considering its subject matter.
            Well true, I'd be more prone to like it than a book about a football player, but I thought I might struggle through the bits about his life or films before Godzilla and that wasn't the case. It's pretty interesting. As AP suggests, it's very much a coffee table book and chock full of awesome behind-the-scenes photos.

Comment

• ...But I do my best writing when I play with myself.

But seriously, I haven't even purchased the last Meg book. Been trying to get through Graham McNeill's A Thousand Sons, and I need to get Prospero Burns by Dan Abnett to get the other half of that story (TS is basically the betrayal of space marine wizards by their space viking cousins, and PB is the other side). These books are pretty meaty, and I'll need to finish Silmarillion to have a quicker time of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                ...But I do my best writing when I play with myself.

Boring excuses lalalalalalalalalalalala.
                You are beginning to sound like Richards. Doom will have none of this. None, I say!

Comment

You are beginning to sound like Richards.
                  Who has a long history of beating Doom.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                    Who has a long history of beating Doom off.
                    FTFY

Utter nonsense! Doom prefers Namor and his slippery wet hands.

Comment

• Mission To Paris by Alan Furst. Not a bad read. Pretty enjoyable thriller actually. I'm largely reading it though, since I'm heading to France in two weeks, and my mom recommended I read a book set there.
                      Mister.Weirdo
                      Guardian of the Universe
                      Last edited by Mister.Weirdo; 06-15-2016, 11:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
                        Mission To Paris by Alan Furst. Not a bad thing. Pretty enjoyable thriller actually. I'm largely reading it though, since I'm heading to France in two weeks, and my mom recommended I read a book set there.
                        Will you be taking pics and posting them for us to see? That would be really cool. I've never been out of the country, except that one time I was in Canada, but they don't count.

Comment

Will you be taking pics and posting them for us to see? That would be really cool. I've never been out of the country, except that one time I was in Canada, but they don't count.
                          Not really sure about how the internet connection will work in France, but if I can, I will. In fact, I'll probably start a thread soon about the trip.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
                            Not really sure about how the internet connection will work in France, but if I can, I will. In fact, I'll probably start a thread soon about the trip.
                            Very good. I expect many peekchures of de nice frencheh mens.

On a totally unrelated note, I would never go to New York unless I was drugged and subdued by 5 large men in black. That's like a multiple coronary/anxiety/stressed out/ panic attack waiting to happen. Seriously, pretty much the only way you could get me to even cross the border would be if Arnold was holding my hand while having one of those kiddie leashes attached to me after I've doubled up on my meds. Country boy,tractors and all.

Comment

Very good. I expect many peekchures of de nice frencheh mens.

On a totally unrelated note, I would never go to New York unless I was drugged and subdued by 5 large men in black. That's like a multiple coronary/anxiety/stressed out/ panic attack waiting to happen. Seriously, pretty much the only way you could get me to even cross the border would be if Arnold was holding my hand while having one of those kiddie leashes attached to me after I've doubled up on my meds. Country boy,tractors and all.
                              I'm probably anticipating tasting the food most of all.

Yeah, New York is a pretty mad city.

Comment

• Guess who is ordering Meg: Nightstalkers tonight at 12:01 am?

Comment

Working...
                                X