What Book Are You Reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by myuserid View Post
    It's pretty good. I've read it before. I don't know how much weight I give it, because Cross was commissioned by Courtney to write it.

Yeah, Journals is good. I don't know what happened to my copy. May have to buy it again.
    Journals was a good read. I have to check it out. I don't know if you like Red Hot Chili Peppers, but their singer wrote a fantastic autobiography that's similar to Journals.

Comment

• Originally posted by metalliccorps View Post
      Journals was a good read. I have to check it out. I don't know if you like Red Hot Chili Peppers, but their singer wrote a fantastic autobiography that's similar to Journals.
      The Chili Peppers have always been kind of hit or miss with me.

I bet his book is good though.

Comment

The Chili Peppers have always been kind of hit or miss with me.

I bet his book is good though.
        It's fantastic. Couldn't put it down. It's an incredible story, especially things about how he interacted with Hollywood as a teenage with his father having connections with tons of celebrities.

Comment

• Originally posted by metalliccorps View Post
          It's fantastic. Couldn't put it down. It's an incredible story, especially things about how he interacted with Hollywood as a teenage with his father having connections with tons of celebrities.
          I'll have to check it out.

The Halperin and Wallace books were really good. I was looking for them a month ago and realized they got put into our yard sale stuff last year and donated to Goodwill.

Comment

I'll have to check it out.

The Halperin and Wallace books were really good. I was looking for them a month ago and realized they got put into our yard sale stuff last year and donated to Goodwill.
            I need to pick that up too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maverick_GL View Post
              Michael Crichton - State of Fear

I recommend this book for anyone with even the slightest interest in the so called "Global Warming/Climate Change" BS that is currently being pumped down our throats.

If it doesn't change your outlook on the whole situation, I pity you.

Edit: Then again, I am biased against Climate Change. I don't believe it's what we've been led to believe by the media, and this novel supports my view, not only with the characters, but the many scientific references he uses to prove their points. I fully plan to research these references myself, but as it stands, the arguments he presents are compelling.
              I spent a year after the book first came out reading all the books Crichton referenced in State of Fear. I totally agree with his findings and the outrage that came from all sheep after only proves how controlled they all are.

I've yet to read anything that comes close to supporting their point of view minus fear based insights.

Currently reading Daemon by Daniel Suarez, if your a gamer computer geek and enjoy Crichton and King this book will rock. I'll have it read by the weekend.
              lanternut
              Alpha-Lantern
              Last edited by lanternut; 04-04-2010, 05:22 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• Discovering the Humanities by Henry M. Sayre. It's for my Humanities class.

" He who does not punish evil commands it to be done."-Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

• True Crime: The infamous villains of modern history and their hideous crimes
                      By. Martin Fido and David Southwell

A really interesting read. Shows how evil and twisted some criminals are.

" He who does not punish evil commands it to be done."-Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• mass effect ascension.. gearing up for the 3rd book coming this summer
                        .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• They Fought For Each Other by Kelly Kennedy

It's about Battalion 1-26, the hardest-hit American Army unit in the Iraq War. Pretty interesting, actually.
                          Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time: Book One

Thanks DA
                            I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
                              Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time: Book One

Thanks DA

ok what is this wheel of time thing that everyone is gung ho about? im interested in maybe reading it
                              .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• percy jackson and the lightning thief book 3 the titans curse
                                The Daleks you have the ability to instill great Fear welcome to the Sinestro Corps.
                                Response--- Wel---come? No We must Ex--ter---min---ate Sinestro

Comment

Working...
                                X