No announcement yet.

NFL Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reports that Brett Favre will not come back to the Vikings for the 2010 season. Favre screwed the Vikings the same way Lebron James screwed the Cavs.
    You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• How did he screw the Vikings? He led them to a NFC Championship game last year. Where would they have been otherwise?

If anything, he screwed himself. Because if he came back, they probably would have had another chance to make it. The man threw for 33 TD's and 7 INT's. He has to have something left in the tank.

As a Packers fan I'm loving this though. Much easier walk through the NFC North now (if it sticks).
      JohnnyV
      Pictionary Master
      Last edited by JohnnyV; 08-03-2010, 05:15 PM.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

• He screwed the Vikings in the sense that the Vikings didn't go after a free agent like Donovan McNabb or perhaps draft a QB.
        You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Well, then I place the blame on the Vikings. When signing Favre, you had to of known you were getting a 1, at the most 2 year deal out of him.

And I have no idea why the Vikings never had more faith in Tarvaris Jackson. He threw for 9 TDs and 2 INTs and led the Vikings to a 10-6 record the year prior. Not to mention his quickness, running the ball. Certainly, something to improve upon.

But instead they took the gamble with Favre, who has shown signs of cold feet in the past. Even as a Packers fan, I hope to see Jackson do well (except when we play him).

Comment

• I thought Favre was working out with the team. Now, he suddenly decides to retire? Maybe this is a cheap ploy to skip Training Camp.

C'mon, Bret! One More Year! One more of these:

+ YouTube Video
            ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

• Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

• Wake me when Superbowl MVP Eli Manning plays.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
                  And I have no idea why the Vikings never had more faith in Tarvaris Jackson. He threw for 9 TDs and 2 INTs and led the Vikings to a 10-6 record the year prior.
                  Well, I saw Tarvaris Jackson that season, and dude was not accurate. He was throwing the ball like five yards away from the WRs.

Comment

• Jackson is a bum. He didn't lead shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by sylent_asassin View Post
                      I thought Favre was working out with the team. Now, he suddenly decides to retire? Maybe this is a cheap ploy to skip Training Camp.

C'mon, Bret! One More Year! One more of these:

+ YouTube Video
                      ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
                      need more then one sylent i wanna see a good 2 dozen from him

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
                        Wake me when Superbowl MVP Eli Manning plays.

The NFC East is for the Cowboys to win. The Eagles won't contend, neither will Washington or The Giants.

Comment

• nfc is gonna suck i see the divison winner getting about 10 wins tops

Comment

• Originally posted by irongreen2814 View Post
                            The NFC East is for the Cowboys to win. The Eagles won't contend, neither will Washington or The Giants.
                            People should know what they're talking about before they speak.

Comment

• i think philly will be good but not as good as last year just because the quarterback will have a few ups and downs in his first full year as a starter but i can seem them having some success and at least a 500 record

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
                                Jackson is a bum. He didn't lead shit.
                                Cause he never got the opportunity to try.

And I hate how every year, we have to take in all the overrated non-sense surrounding the fucking Cowboys. And ever year, we watch as they (and Tony Romo) blow it.

Just cause they have an insanely huge stadium, doesn't mean they're good or are going to win anything. My pick for the East is going to be the Redskins. You watch, going to be one of the big turn-arounds this season.

Also, it's a damn travesty that the do-nothing Cowboys are picked (in the odds) to win the Superbowl over the Saints. So dumb.
                                JohnnyV
                                Pictionary Master
                                Last edited by JohnnyV; 08-03-2010, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X